• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoroCoro Booklet Revealed! NO NEW INFO! 26 starters theory? (images included)

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
you're forgetting Sheik, so we have 3 left which means it could be which may be most likely Luigi, Ganondorf, and Capt Falcon
I can see Capt Falcon to happens, but what about Animal Crossing Character? I hve no idea since I have not play that game yet, so what about icon 19? I guess it could be megaman.

hopefully, we can see mr. game and watch become starter character as well. :D

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
I'd LOVE 30 total characters - since there are no clones :)
Melee's 25 was filled with clones, and Sakurai intends Brawl to be the definitive Smash Brothers.
30 is a fantastic amount, plenty of selection, plenty of variety...NO CLONES.
you're a n00b

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't say I'm too surprised at this apparent lack of new information or even screenshots... CoroCoro only has a good history with Pokemon related information, not Smash Brothers. If I remember right, they did quite a lot of information rehashing with Melee as well.

I feel sorry for anyone who decided to get their hopes up when it was pretty obvious this was going to happen. The only thing we can do is wait for the Dojo to give us any lovely new info, or at least Famitsu since they have revealed a few little things before like Lucas's Rope Snake, but thankfully January 24th doesn't really feel that far away now!

And as for this whole idea of 30 characters... well, I wouldn't mind at all. This new lineup is already looking much more appealing than Melee's ever did, and that's considering it's cut Ness out and is also missing out on Luigi, Game and Watch and Captain Falcon, whom I really like... so I think that says something if Brawl could possibly trim out so much yet still look really awesome.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Can't say I'm surprised. Its just like with Nintendo Power's "hands-on preview" of Brawl a couple of months back. Make you think they'll have new info so you buy the issue, then rehash the Dojo. Oh well. Hopefully the Dojo will come out of its funk and start giving us interesting updates again - mayhap today's double-AT character-deconfirming update is a sign of such.

Zevox

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
What makes you so sure all the cards are about Playable Characters? The rest might be Game Modes or something, just like in DOJO fashion. XD

26 character cards. 1 Item card, 1 AT card, 1 SSE card, and then something else.

But let's "hope" it's all characters.

... I'm getting tired of hoping... :p

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
What makes you so sure all the cards are about Playable Characters? The rest might be Game Modes or something, just like in DOJO fashion. XD

26 character cards. 1 Item card, 1 AT card, 1 SSE card, and then something else.

But let's "hope" it's all characters.

... I'm getting tired of hoping... :p
the last one should be a Pokeball.

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Well, I'm on winter vacation until January 22nd, when classes start again. So all I have to do is carry on with my normal life until classes start, and about that time, in Japan, preliminary copies will have gone out to raters and strategy guide companies, and then they will reveal the characters.

And then, I wanna try to limit myself to only looking at one new character per day at most, so it kinda spreads the excitement out, but I don't know if I'll be able to stop myself from looking at them all they day they're revealed.

Anyways, looks like another month of filler updates. Maybe Sakurai will want to build hype up again, and release a character or two though.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Maybe we should abandon theories all together. The only one that really has yet to be debunked is the original icon theory.

Plus, I still can't see us getting such a small amount of secrets with so many starters. I'd say Panda's theory seems more plausible.

burrito

Smash Lord
If they can make a character like Pokemon Trainer, who is three characters in one, I'm sure there will be around 40 characters. I've always thought that there would be around 25 starter characters and around 15 hidden. It makes sense to me.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Maybe we should abandon theories all together. The only one that really has yet to be debunked is the original icon theory.

Plus, I still can't see us getting such a small amount of secrets with so many starters. I'd say Panda's theory seems more plausible.
Definitaly agree =]

Wait wasnt the icon theory debunked with the revelation of Pictochat?

Snakz

Smash Ace
**** you CoroCoro!

It seems pretty hypocritical how Sakurai would say himself that he wasn't gonna get too hung up on secret characters, yet he hasn't given us a single clue as to any other characters for over 6 weeks, instead he's unconfirmed characters left and right.

I know he shouldn't give away ALL characters before release, but come on, couldn't he at least given us ONE character, even a veteran somewhere in that 6 weeks?

Saor Gael

Smash Apprentice
Why do people keep thinking we'll have 30-36 characters, total? O_o

If we add in the likely returnees to the current roster, we get 33. Are you really expecting 0-3 newcomers at most?

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Why do people keep thinking we'll have 30-36 characters, total? O_o

If we add in the likely returnees to the current roster, we get 33. Are you really expecting 0-3 newcomers at most?
There's 10 likely returnees? I thought it was 5 or 6 at the most.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
40 -50 chars (imo, i hope 50) i think will be in the game, i hate corocoro, it just lost ALOT of creditability, and sakurai is pis**ng me off as well, once i find this dudes e-mail, he will never hear the end of it...

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for at least one character confirmation this week.

Man, what a disappointment...
on the contrary we got 2 popular characters deconfirmed. In a way that's just like confirming a character, people forget that.

Oh well, didn't expect too much from it, but I did at the very least expected something new, even 1 screen.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
Part of me doesnt want to discover the characters so soon but I cant get enough of them, lets hope they at least reveal a high number of characters

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
XD I love reading your guys post. No where did they say "Starters will be confirmed" if you check Samurai Panda's topic. I didn't expect much so I didn't really care, but reading your all's post are hilarious.

Does suck that we haven't recieved a Veteran or New Comer update in over a month though, but what can you expect with a 2 month delay?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Well, I think we might have 2 to 4 secret characters that might shown that are part of 3rd party (Sonic, Snake) (Possible of Megaman and other) They would shown them for adverting purpose. Also we could get 26 to 28 starter characters.
My prediction
1)Mario
2)DK
3)Link
4)Samus
5)Yoshi
6)Kirby
7)Fox
8)Pikachu
9)Peach
10)Bowser
11)Zelda
12)Ice Climbers
13)Pit
14)Wario
15)ZZS
16)Ike
17)PT:Squirtle
18)PT:Ivysaur
19)PT:Charizard
20)Diddy Kong
21)Lucas
22)King Dedede
23)Snake
24)Sonic
25)Meta-Knight
26)Last third party character
27)Capt. Falcon
28)Sheik
29/30 Unknown.

So I'd say starting roster of 24 selectable characters but 26 total.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Wow Thats disappointing. But considering the game comes out in Japan on the 24th of January, I'm sure someone will get it early and play it all night to unlock everyone. I can wait 40 or so more days.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
You guys are idiots. Brawl has around 27 months of development time melee had 10. Brawl has double the staff. Brawl will have at the VERY least 40 characters. 45-50 is my guess. There's gonna be more then 30 or 35. That was so **** stupid.

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
I say we will have 22 starters, maybe afew more, but so far all secret characters from past games (Cap Falcon, Luigi, Gannondorf, Mewtwo ect.) have not been announced on the dojo, so i think they will be secret characters in Brawl

Confirmed on dojo:

Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda (with Sheik as Down-B Transformation)
Bowser
DK
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers
Pit
Wario
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede

Secret Characters from past games that will likely be secret in brawl:

Luigi
Mr. Game & Watch
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Gannondorf (De-cloned)
Falco (De-cloned)

Less Likely characters from melee that are clones:

Ness (unless he got new moves)
Young Link (very unlikely cause its TP Link)
Pichu (unless he got new moves, but would still be so much like Pikachu)

So, this is a total so far of 22 Starting characters +7 that we know will likely be in brawl wich brings it to 29, they will probably end up with about 35-40 characters total (probably more like 35) wich leaves room for 6 new characters that will be secret and un-announced on the dojo

They might bring it up to an even 25 starting characters by announcing 2 more (one per month) but 22 is already a lot.

So for the 30 cards theory you would have 22, +1 for Zamus, +2 for Pokémon Trainer, +1 for Sheik. So this leaves room for 4 character card that we don't know. 30 characters seems like so much for a starting roster, wich is starting to make me doubt that all the characters on the dojo will be on the starting roster, but who knows, they have been working on this game for a long time now.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
C. Falcon going from secret, starter, then secret again?

... well, it's possible, since Ness could still be in the game, just revamped.

But I still say Falcon will be a starter.

meh I'm tired with speculating. Just get on with it already. = / Let's just brawl.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Well now let's all see what ended up in failure.

December 3rd update
Icon Theory
CoroCoro Magazine

Pretty much every huge speculation ended in epic failure. This is why I always say "speculation" something fun to talk about...and not to be taken seriously.

Boofer

Smash Ace
XD I love reading your guys post. No where did they say "Starters will be confirmed" if you check Samurai Panda's topic. I didn't expect much so I didn't really care, but reading your all's post are hilarious.

Does suck that we haven't recieved a Veteran or New Comer update in over a month though, but what can you expect with a 2 month delay?
Samurai Panda had "either starting or full roster" in the frickin title. He CHANGED the title. Get your facts straight.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
People are still debating how many starters there are for the past 6 pages now?

ugh..when will the random guessing and major assumptions end..

Top Bottom