• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool little trick with DDD in Teams

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if this has been discovered or not, but yesterday while playing with a friend in free for all we came upon this little fun trick.

Have snake plant a d-smash
Have D3 move close to the mine and press and hold B(sucking move)
If D3 is close enough, It will trigger the mine, but instead of normally triggering, The explosion will stay and area of explosion will expand into a circle.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't increase knockback or damage, but might be a fun little edgeguarding tool.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
I'm not sure if this has been discovered or not, but yesterday while playing with a friend in free for all we came upon this little fun trick.

Have snake plant a d-smash
Have D3 move close to the mine and press and hold B(sucking move)
If D3 is close enough, It will trigger the mine, but instead of normally triggering, The explosion will stay and area of explosion will expand into a circle.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't increase knockback or damage, but might be a fun little edgeguarding tool.
-.-
Isn't this old news????
look!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLIQRnhL_94

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yeah we know about it, but it would be very lulzy though, next time me and my playing partner team up I need to remind him to do that lololololol

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Oh yeah I actually have a match with the mine glitch with Halberd laser recorded, lol.

Me and DaWall prob wont do doubles in tourneys, it usually starts too early for us and we're not that big on doubs anyways.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its useless, nobodys going to move into it, you 'could' have snake hit someone into it, but why wouldnt you just double team them in that situation?

and as an edgeguard its even more useless, if you do it on the edge you see the mine has a circle explosive animation, but the hitbox is only in the top half of the mine, which means that they can simply grab the ledge without being hit and then roll through, which if I remember correctly will make the mine stop exploding.

the thought does occur however, that it could be slightly useful on levels with tilted ledges like yoshi's and pictochat, if anyone wants to try, but theres a good reason why its been known for a long time but never used.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
rofl at radix.

tbh im getting kinda tired of people putting up all this old stuff....

not gonna do anything about it lol but im just saying.

Top Bottom