• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

controller setup

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
should i use tilts or smashes for ike? and also how do you hyphen smash?

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
lol i searched it already and nothing came up. instead of giving an ******** answer you could've just told me.

comboking

Smash Master
Use the search function stop with this dumb threads.
yah that was spamming too Arturito
hyphen smash is just running and the then up smashing
now if you want to use ledge hopped aerials and recover set it to tilts but if you want to be able to smash DI go with the C-stick to smashes
Also changing the button you don't jump with to grab it can ma grab AT's easier

metroid1117

Smash Master
I think Arturito only read the last portion of your post; hyphen smashing is an old term for C-sticking USmash out of a Dash, but now it's not considered a technique (since it was removed from this thread). It's not that useful with Ike in my opinion, but faster characters (like Fox) benefit greatly from it.

Tilts vs Smashes for the C-stick, in my opinion, depend on whether you value greater control with your DAir versus the ability to SDI with the C-stick. Smashing with the C-stick doesn't really help Ike that much in my opinion, so it was an easy choice for me to set my C-stick to "Attack." DAir becomes unbelievably useful for gimping, I strongly recommend that you try it out before making your decision.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
oh ok thanks im going to try it on attack for a while. and yeah i read that thread but when i saw the guide for ike i saw hyphen smashing and there was some different thing with it so i was just wondering.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
That wasn't his original question so I wasn't spaming.

GO take a look at my thread there are like 2 or 3 involving control changes for Ike like you originally made this topic for. My index is a lot better than CK's if you don't know how to search for something check there because I do.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
you have an index? oh n/m i found it. the names wierd so i never really knew what it was.

Akashi

Smash Lord
should have just clicked on 1 of the links. It's not a weird name either at least not if you played Ike's games.
Stop back seating modding ffs. Go ask to moderate Ike's boards, get denied, and then come back, ok? All you had to say was,

Try using the search function, there's threads like this already.
instead of your

Use the search function stop with this dumb threads.
You're the one that instigated with an insult, so don't get so defensive when people call you out.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Stop back seating modding ffs. Go ask to moderate Ike's boards, get denied, and then come back, ok? All you had to say was,

instead of your

You're the one that instigated with an insult, so don't get so defensive when people call you out.
escept its the 7th time he does this in 2 weeks it gets anoying and I probably said that the 1st 3 times. The thread is dumb he even changed the OP because of it.

edit: I meant these dumb threads not this typo but I doubt it changes anything.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm with Arturito... =/

Neon keeps making a bunch of useless threads, asking stupid questions, when we've already told him to use the search function and check the stickies countless times... -.-;;

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
colaya countless times? you mean 2 and my last time was like a 1 or 2 weeks ago. and lol i haven't played fe9 in like years.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I find C-stick on attack better but whatever feels comfortable for you, go with it. And hyphen smash is just run and u-smash.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Hyphen Smash helped me out only a bit in terms of mindgames, but Attack-Stick is just brings much more options to Ike.

I recommend Attack.

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
ok i have 1 more question i was using attack last night and sometimes it go's to jabs why?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
You can hyphen smash manually, y'know...

You're hitting the tilt stick in the opposite direction than the one you're standing, you can't ftilt backwards with the stick.

HenryMartinez

Smash Cadet
Actually, something weird but nifty is if you're hell bent on keeping your smashes on the C-stick, there's a way to Dair without ever fast falling, even if you walk off the stage.

Just walk off, half press down (not all the way or you'll fast fall, press it half way as if using an utilt), and Dair. What's tricky is the discipline to not just press all the way down and fast fall to your doom. It takes lots of practice.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Well yeah the concept of tilting your stick instead of using a tilt stick is kind of a given, you can also hold down/forward to do it, which I'm practicing both of so I can get use of smash DI back but all in all it's still risky for me right now, metroid covered both aspects rather well.

•Col•

Smash Champion
colaya countless times? you mean 2 and my last time was like a 1 or 2 weeks ago. and lol i haven't played fe9 in like years.
Countless times at telling you to use the search function. Also, congratulations at this being one of your longest posts ever. ^

And, err... Ok with the FE9 statement? o-o

Top Bottom