• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Contest: The Ultimate Fox Showoff (RULES UPDATE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Apple Head
I play as just about anyone, Wolf. But I mostly resort to Peach/Fox depending on how I'm generally playing.

Wolf, just get more good tourny practice and learn matchups/smart playing strats down and you'll be the next m2k. :)

I know just about everything about matchups and all that, skypal helps me A LOT. :)
as for tourney practice...ive been to 16 or so, need to go to more big ones though.

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
I should have known this would happen - looks like the contest is doomed unless we make some adjustments, especially to the 'strict' rules and scoring, so that we can encourage more Fox players to participate. After looking at the posts in this thread and thinking about it, I've completely altered the rules so that they are more lenient. What does everybody think about this? Read the new rules carefully and thoroughly before commenting:

------- RULES --------

- A short video under 3 minutes is to be submitted that demonstrates your tech skill and creativity with Fox (just showoff as much as you can).

- Your videos can be edited with music, a title screen, etc. to make it look attractive, but the gameplay footage MUST contain the game's SOUND effects, so we know you didn't just use AR.

- Instead of having judges, your video will be one of the choices in a POLL - the poll thread will be password-protected so that only those who have SEEN the contest vids will be able to vote. The participants will include this SET password at the very end of their video for the viewers. After the poll goes on for some time, the winner will be the participant who's video got the highest vote percentage. If you win, you'll be awarded the 'SPECIAL PRIZE', whatever that is - or you can just feel proud that you won the contest.

- If you break the second rule about including sound effects, we can't just not include your video, so instead, a penalty will be given. Let's say - 5 percent will be deducted from your final score.
----------------------------------

There you have it, the new and improved rules. What do you think? Will it work?

look at my title LOL. im gonna laugh so hard if i lose. im going to tell m2k to enter so i lose and shut up, lol.
NOW im the ultimate fox show off, look at my avatar! i pmed m2k tho, hopefully hell consider it.

and every1 who votes on the polls MUST POST SO THERES NO CHEATING! no multiple account bull**** like that.
dont vote for ppl cause theyre editing was dope and **** like that, gameplay=purpose of this. also, my editing will blow any other vids away n e wayz. 60fps ftw!
just helping you out dalal

Cort

Apple Head
Some people don't have the hardware to record directly to their computer, so they have to use some crappy camera...

Wolf, I can't wait to see your entry.

The King

Smash Ace
Lmao. First, 60 fps quality isn't going to help your editing one iota. Big difference there. Second, isn't there supposed to be No editing whatsoever anyways, i.e. just 3 minutes of unbroken footage, or has this turned more into just compiling 3 minutes of crazy-technical clips?

Maybe I'll submit something and just take this sheezy by storm. You ain't seen a Fox like mine, of that I'm sure.

King Out

too bad cunning takes it without even having to make a video..... gg no re.
wow, if hes that good, lets see how great he is WITH a video, ^^
im practicing right now, lol. cant record right now though.
if i talk more ****, maybe more people will enter and try me. i wanna see videos like this theyre cool.

Cort

Apple Head
I've never seen Cunning's stuff, just heard he can shine rejump bair easily lol.

Come on people, start working on submissions! :mad:

Lmao. First, 60 fps quality isn't going to help your editing one iota. Big difference there. Second, isn't there supposed to be No editing whatsoever anyways, i.e. just 3 minutes of unbroken footage, or has this turned more into just compiling 3 minutes of crazy-technical clips?

Maybe I'll submit something and just take this sheezy by storm. You ain't seen a Fox like mine, of that I'm sure.

King Out
you can add editing he said, and you're right, about the 60fps thing, but slivershadows editing>all. have you seen mariotality 2? gameplay was meh, but his editing was too good.
double post...oh wait, nvm lol

not technical clips, NO! though i might make a monatge of my tech skill in the future. ^^
just for the beginning and stuff to make it cooler. :)

what do you mean i aint seen a fox like yours? whats it like!?
we have quite the wierd fox here in WA, jumpfreak.

btw cort, that shine shdl, then shine aerial thing frame perfectly, i can do all aerials with it now! its so cool if you waveshine back then shine and do it then waveshine back and repeat. ill make a seperate vid of stuff like that.:)

Juce

Smash Ace
and every1 who votes on the polls MUST POST SO THERES NO CHEATING! no multiple account bull**** like that.
dont vote for ppl cause theyre editing was dope and **** like that, gameplay=purpose of this. also, my editing will blow any other vids away n e wayz. 60fps ftw!
just helping you out dalal
James lost the Samus contest because of that. so sad....

well i guess im out then.
you can definately count on me eventually still making a video of this nature though, because itll be cool, and im sure most ppl here think im a liar, LOL. mainly doing it for myself though. :)
let me know if more ppl decide to give this a chance, but if no one big is in this (not fat), im not gonna participate.

cmon ppl sign up!
if this doesnt work out dalal, at least get ppl to send in crazy tech clips to make a montage. thatd be cool. :D id try and help

Dalal- You should convince people to put on signitures that advertise your contest. and i think you should wait till you have like 10-15 ppl at least. notable players too. not all of them just a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom