• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

Lovage

Smash Hero
HEY CONNOR
do u have the n64 console with cables?

futile said he'll bring controllers, and i'll bring the game (item switch isnt unlocked, if anyone else has the game, bring it)

tyty

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
guys, we don't even have enough space as it is. connor says he can only have 4-5 tvs in his tiny garage, and not being able to play friendlies with such quality people as futile and lovage (and other good people who may decide to play 64) detracts from the tournament experience imo.

normally i'd say bring your own tv and setups, but even if you do, that's one or two less setups that can't be used for melee because there's not enough room. that means less friendlies for the people who aren't playing 64 as much as melee (the majority imo) and the tournament going slower. sorry but i'm paying $2 for venue -- i'm not down with that.

why do you guys insist on trying to set up 64 setups every opportunity you get. hold a 64 smashfest or tournament.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I'll be having 2-3 tvs in my living room this time along with 3-4 in the garage. I'll have a 64 set up outside since no one really hangs out outside anyways.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I agree. There is just not that much space. The one a month ago lasted for a while, and it would've lasted even longer with another game. I really don't want there to be 64 at this tourney. P has a good point

^^^^^^ if it's out of the way then maybe. I still think the TV's should be used for just melee. We have a melee community not a 64 community.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i was taking a **** today and i was imagining me and futile teaming -- me marth, him falcon -- and the cool team combos we would do.

it would be a struggle at first, because we've never teamed. so maybe the first time i grab a fox and wait for him to come and knee him, but there's not enough time so i have to throw him up but he still comes with the knee and i get kneed. then i think he's a big noob and am upset i ever teamed with him.

but then i tell him, "hey, if there's not enough time, i'll throw him up and you'll combo and we'll go from there."

so then next time i throw him up, and he double uairs the fox, and i run and ken combo it and we have an amazing team combo.

imagine the fun that would be, and that's how much fun i have playing futile.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL I see >_<

But I'll admit.. it never gets old playing him and I've been playing against him for like 2 years.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
if people are REALLY against having 64, there won't be one but Futile's been asking for this for a while....

Kira-

Smash Champion
I want to play 64

So over my week hanging with my cousins in nor-cal and im heading home tomorrow. I smashed a ****load with his college roommates, got hellllla wasted, smoked some cannibus, and went to some sexy coffee shops with some beautiful ladies.

Life changing?? Hell yes. Love smashing even more? 100000x more.

Sherigami MM? Yes it's still on.

Vodka burns. the end.
aww wittle kevin becoming a man

well cameron is picking me up in a bit

i think so i still dont no who im teaming

with and ill ask cameron to bring a tv

and a cube
i dont have a teammate

thelegendofLuCKy: they dont know mr try hard lol
thelegendofLuCKy: not like i do
PrrettyMango69: LOL
PrrettyMango69: yup
PrrettyMango69: hahhaha
thelegendofLuCKy: **** mr try hard. . . *******

lol

-mango
mango stop sandbagging in finals. it's why people like kouryuu underestimate you

Im looking for a ride, i can throw in 20$ :D
i'll take you for $20, text me your address

so maybe the first time i grab a fox and wait for him to come and knee him, but there's not enough time so i have to throw him up but he still comes with the knee and i get kneed. then i think he's a big noob and am upset i ever teamed with him.

but then i tell him, "hey, if there's not enough time, i'll throw him up and you'll combo and we'll go from there."

so then next time i throw him up, and he double uairs the fox, and i run and ken combo it and we have an amazing team combo.
very nice description

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm just as much against as having a 64 as futile is for one.

honestly i don't really care, i just want the best melee tournament experience i can get. anything that detracts from that i am automatically going to be against. so if i'm just being a **** and everyone disagrees with me, then allow 64. but if it's only a vocal minority that wants 64 and, logically speaking, it detracts from the melee tournament in other ways, then you bet your *** i'm going to be just as against it as the people for it are.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I will always underestimate/trash talk Mango no matter who he beats, be it m2k or not.
And he knows it :laugh:

Edit:

To Mango-

Hey ***** remind me when we go out to eat tomorrow. Don't forget cuz I will.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Atlus: I'll probably leave here around 9:30, which means I'll be at your place around 10ish. So far, you're the only one I'm picking up.

JDM

Smash Champion
After reading P's post Im deciding not to bring TvC to this tourney.

And imma bring one of my small power strips.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
hey connor, i'll give you my power strip if you bring it to tournies

i know i won't

it's the melee community's power strip actually, the power strip we bought at WCSL

Top Bottom