• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
holy crap i just remembered
did anyone see my 2nd match vs. P on corneria?!?

when i fell THROUGH the map?
AND RECOVERED/!?!?!!?

that was crazy
Yeah, did you just SDI through the boundary of the ship? That was so weird.

-Fly doing the ice block reset (vs adam 3rd match, corneria)
Hell yeah. I can't do Melee CGs very well, but I'm somewhat decent at the Brawl ones, lol.

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
Here goes my attempt at a shoutout:

Connor: Thanks for hosting this

JWK: It was good to see you again. And we definitely lost with style in doubles :)

DCmoney: That last match was so intense. The combos and edgeguarding that was pulled off made me further realize how great this game is. That match is definitely one of the most memorable that I've ever played.

Kira: I always felt that I needed to mix up my approaches with Jigglypuff (and be more patient that just applies to every character I play pretty much.) You really showed me how much of a problem it is to me. As the matches went on, I felt that you were taking more and more steps ahead of me when it came to making in-game decisions.

Psychomidget: Sorry, I don't really know what to say so...................... good games?

Sherigami : Ordinarily I don't find low tier battles that fun, but the YL dittos were. Good games in general.

replicate: Thanks for the encouraging words and the amazing friendlies, both doubles and singles. I felt like it was so hard getting momentum back in my favor when you had it at times.

Lovage: Good job getting third man. Also, I'm afraid of using Fsmash against u now because my typical spamming of it didn't work well. But not spamming Fsmash is not a solution I will accept, so I guess that means more Cactuar mindgames and playing like a spazz tactics are needed.:rolleyes:

I completely regret not making any attempts to try to stay for crews. :(

Also, as someone who is pretty much a new player, I appreciated the welcome I received from the community (as well as overestimation of my skill or lack thereof.) The Melee community is too good.

bbb

Smash Champion
a bunch of new people I didn't get to meet, lameness

go to the next one

Lovage

Smash Hero
walk the opposite direction before you moonwalk
extends the distance by a lot and enables you to moonwalk with every character

DanteFox

Smash Champion
so let's say I'm facing left. I would start walking left, turn right, then do the control stick crazyness in order to moonwalk to the left while facing right?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
You can also wavedash -> moonwalk to make it go farther. Like, I can't do walk -> moonwalk -> edgehog with ICs, but I can do wavedash -> moonwalk -> edgehog.

bbb

Smash Champion
I always used to run one direction then do a short hop then moonwalk in that direction on landing, seemed to work for me

Lovage

Smash Hero
technically any form of momentum that you can dash out of can help extend the length of your moonwalk
wavelanding is much harder but provides better results
certain walks accelerate slow but end up fast [marth], which is why his moonwalk is REALLY good, but only if you let your walk accelerate for a while. a trick to reach max walk speed is to walk out of wavedash or waveland. that will put u at full walk speed

Lovage

Smash Hero
theres no real trick i can tell you to make you better at moonwalking
watch the video, emulate the finger movement and practice a **** load

also,

mangos moonwalk sux

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
technically any form of momentum that you can dash out of can help extend the length of your moonwalk
wavelanding is much harder but provides better results
I don't think this is quite correct, but I'm debating whether I should try to elaborate on that or just go to sleep.

Kira-

Smash Champion
my fox is going to be so good in two weeks

lovage/replicate/connor got nothing on this

Loco Roco

Smash Apprentice
im trying, but im juggling studying and posting since finals are next week

i figure 25 posts a day is the minimum, then 50 after finals

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
wow wtf is this easy mode forums. smash child at 28? this is hardly a punishment. ill get smash master at 250. i have 2 1 page papers and a 3 page paper due tomorrow. but i just hit 80.

festizzio

Smash Champion
So I can't go to the next one, cause i just realized that it's 2 days before finals for me and i wanna get all the studying time i possibly can

but i will DEFINITELY go to the one two weeks later, on the 27th, if there is one.

Lovage

Smash Hero
ur fox is GAYY
all u do is hit people and then u hit em again
and u keep hitting them till they die

trash...

<<3

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Wow, I can put **** as the title...:(

isnt the next one the Day of Races o.O??
That doesn't matter because Race's tournament is Brawl. I can guarantee that all the people going to this wouldn't go to Race's in the first place.

my fox is going to be so good in two weeks

lovage/replicate/connor got nothing on this
I'm just happy you mentioned me ^^

my roy is going to be good
You're gonna flake again. I can NEVER take "I'm coming" seriously from you 909 kids. STEP IT UP!

Top Bottom