• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CONNECTICUT Smashers / Smashfests !

S l o X

Smash Champion
this is a thread to keep up with CT Smashfests since newcomers see that the CT Thread is full of spam and are hesitant to post in it. The CT thread is also outdated and all that jazz so I guess I will keep player information here too (if warranted).

CT is pretty big and getting from Southern CT to Northern is like an hours + some drive.

Southern Connecticut Players (AFAIK):
SloX (bridgeport)
$Mike (stamford / norwalk)
Noodles (new haven)
Qpac (new haven)
Swiftbass (bridgeport)
Zebra (stratford)

Some of the people who are here during the summer aren't here during the school year. (Zebra?)

Northern CT / Eastern CT: :awesome:
Brookman
SPAWN (UCONN / Tolland)
and all those people who's names I don't remember / go to CCSU. (post here so I know)

but yea, let me know where you guys live so I can fix up this thread.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Hi, I'm bolt! =)
Anyway I'm having a smashfest tomorrow if you anyone is interested in going send me a pm and I'll give you all the info. Its alllllllllll day btw. Like 9am to 3am the next day.

We need real ct power rankings.

KingKAH

Smash Rookie
I'm in Milford...
Like 20 minutes from Bridgeport New Haven etc.

I just wanna playyy

strawhats

Smash Master
lol I'm not CT but I go to FU (Fairfield) so, let me know if u guys wanna play. Detres gonna be playing me like everyday.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Basically that. KINGKAH never answered my facebook message and a nub, tell him to message me again. I don't have a TV at my place though.

KingKAH

Smash Rookie
Basically that. KINGKAH never answered my facebook message and a nub, tell him to message me again. I don't have a TV at my place though.
I never saw it lol sorry I NEVER use facebook. Its a trazillion times easier to PM me here or text me

S l o X

Smash Champion
There were a few players from CT that I haven't heard of / don't know of who went to the last Hall of Gaming. Hopefully this is the thread I can redirect them to next time I see them. :3

S l o X

Smash Champion
There are plenty of people around Hartford, ask the CT thread though.

I honestly don't know anything beyond Stratford (Southern CT).

*georgeH

Smash Rookie
me, another scrub player like myself, and a slightly better player who's at uconn atm live in shelton

S l o X

Smash Champion
georgeh, hit me up more to play. shelton is mad close and if you have a good place to play we should have smashfests!

*georgeH

Smash Rookie
my house is terrible for having a bunch of people over for smashfests, but i'll get in contact with the guy who hosted our tournies since he's got a pretty big house where we've had a bunch of setups before. Just dont expect tournies here to enter , they hate it enough how me and especially erbanez destroy them and take their money

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I really don't know who any of you are since I just started visiting these boards after just recently getting into competitive Melee!

I'm more of a 64 kind of guy, but nobody is any good at that game around these parts, so I've picked up Melee.

But if SPAWN does go to UConn, by all means, introduce me to him. I feel like playing against somebody a lot better than me would really help me to improve.

*georgeH

Smash Rookie
erbanez is a decent falcon/falco main at uconn, he's in the band and he's had no one to play in a while so ask around the ucmb for eril

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Technically I am Southern CT because Waterbury is in New Haven county, but if you head about three miles north of where I live you're in Litchfield county.

Need more nugguhs around where I live.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'm having KingKAH over my place or Swifts this Thursday.

If anyone else has a place close by (Stratford or something) then we can play there instead / have a small gathering (smashfest) or even one of you Shelton kids!

S l o X

Smash Champion
Black Steve, come Thursday via train station or something! I'll walk to and from it with you amigo. (gonna see if Tim can host but i doubt he's down for more than four people, small place and my place is smaller (lol1roomson) so yea.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yo, wanna put me in there as Uconn in case other people see this that go to Uconn. I live in Tolland when I'm not in school. People can PM me for my cell.

S l o X

Smash Champion
bolt is dumb for not asking me to go down with him since i'm on the way.

***** needs to step up his FACEBOOK game.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
So...

Looks like my friends will be opening up their LAN / Gaming center in Waterbury some time before Thanksgiving.

Which means Waterbury Smashfests are just around the corner.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Well...I live in a large apartment with 1 roommate, so maybe. I'll check with my roommate, etc, to see if it's okay.

Is there any particular date you guys had in mind?

EDIT: I also have a LOT of extra snacks/food.

Will definitely look into this.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Ok, so, it's looking quite likely that I will be able to host a smashfest...
but there's a few things to keep in mind, and these will be STRICTLY enforced;
otherwise, no more smashfests from me.

1: There will be a limit on how many people can show up, as an example, I would say 8-9 max for the first one.
2: No messes; clean up your food/etc. before you leave.
3: Everyone will have to be gone by a certain time.

Also, pick a date(on a weekend or Friday), and I'll host it then.

EDIT: Text me at 1-631-255-3650 if you're interested, or add me on FB: Ryan Campion.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Connecticut Smashers are really cool about being clean and being able to keep after themselves (can't say that about every where I've been).

This is looking REALLY good and I'll let you know by tomorrow what we could have going. 8-9 people max is fine and this is looking really good for southern CT.

I'll talk to you on AIM soon.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Awesome.

The date of the smashfest doesn't matter, just pick a Friday or weekend, and I'll
prepare for it.

Also, about AIM, I'll be on later.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Nevermind LOL I can't go to that tourney, we're a go for tomorrow(this SATURDAY) if that's okay.

BRING SETUPS OF BRAWL AND MELEE

bolt.

Smash Ace
I have my Sisters Birthday on Sunday, but I could prolly leave that around 6 pm and go to the fest. I can bring a full melee set up.
EDIT: I'm not free this saturday or the next, but after that I can go to saturday fests.

Top Bottom