• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CONNECTICUT Smashers / Smashfests !

S l o X

Smash Champion
dat ct power rankings that i'm posting after swagg.

also: we have a lot of smashfests in southern ct. everyone's welcome. :D

S l o X

Smash Champion
not really. it's based on almost all the tourney results from this year and the panelists opinions.

it's nothing too serious. just to encourage tournament attendance and all that jazz. and it will be posted after swagg before rom.

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)
scrub

whats up guys! i guess im a "scrub" since ive never played anyone who uses their brain when playing smash, so that makes it hard to improve.... anyway imma freshman at unh right now so i dont have a car which BLOWS but if anyones interested in smashing on weekends lemme know and ill see what i can do. this is more of a distant future plan than short term, but just figured id say something.

S l o X

Smash Champion
whats up guys! I guess im a "scrub" since ive never played anyone who uses their brain when playing smash, so that makes it hard to improve.... Anyway imma freshman at unh right now so i dont have a car which blows but if anyones interested in smashing on weekends lemme know and ill see what i can do. This is more of a distant future plan than short term, but just figured id say something.

that was just weird.

Cummings

Smash Apprentice
Ledyard, CT (Right next to Foxwoods/Mohegan Sun)
gah! so tempting... i wish i could make it but i have numerous projects due on monday and need to stay here to work on them all weekend. on top of that i cant touch skyrim whatsoever. i also need to familiarize myself with the train system so i can get around without a car... any pointers? and whos alex? or gunz? haha im guessing you thought i said he didnt have a brain but i dont know him.. lol

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
I really need to find people to play against. I'm getting worried that all the people I play currently (mostly scrub level) won't get me improving at all.

I'm up for a day of friendlies with anyone, honestly. Just need something so I can improve.

crush

Smash Master
I really need to find people to play against. I'm getting worried that all the people I play currently (mostly scrub level) won't get me improving at all.

I'm up for a day of friendlies with anyone, honestly. Just need something so I can improve.
I ll play with you sometime bro.

:phone:

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Saturdays are almost always bad days for me right now since I'm usually out of state. Sundays or weekdays are usually better.

If I could attend tournaments right now, believe me, I would be doing that instead, lol.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Looking forward to it. A lot of Smashfests will be going down from Dec 26th - Pre-Apex (Jan 6) and onwards.

Fairfield / Bridgeport / Durham will be where they're held.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:)

Someone train with me for apex. I need help vs falcon, falco, and jank characters.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Greetings. I live in Stamford, CT and been playing smash since N64.

At my college in Norwalk, I have friends and fellow smashers I play with in Brawl and Melee and we have been pretty much playing each other as a group for almost two years (we are pretty diverse with our mains) and we feel that its about time to head on and play in tournies or with more people offline to play matches. Personally, I am a competitive fighting game player and have played in many tournament scenes for many fighting games (SSF4AE, MK9, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, ST, ETC) and I am looking forward to putting time into the smash scene in the area.

Any one play Brawl? Most of us play brawl but some of us play melee as well. It's a game I recently just got back into 2-3 months ago and I am beginning to learn techniques with Samus (my main) in melee and still willing to get better. But if you'd like to play brawl, that would be excellent since were a group of 20 and only six or seven of us play melee. LOL

Feel free to respond. I'll use this thread to keep my friends and fellow smashers that I know of updated. :)

bolt.

Smash Ace
Yo, I live in Branford and play melee. If you ever want to play send me a pm and I'll try to make the trip.

Mogwai, slox, swift, zebra and strawhats are all really close to you for melee.

Brawl is semi dead in ct... I think.

Good to have you in ct!

@ Crush - nevermind about this weekend, I'm almost certain I can't make it.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
Hey that sounds great! :)

HAHAHA I doubt I will be any better at melee by the time of the tournament but I will be heading out to Apex 2012 with everyone to play Brawl, Melee, and Mortal Kombat 9. Won't be plying SSF4AE2012 since I am still learning with a fightstick. Hope to see you guys there! XD

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
Stamford is a good area for Smash.

You had better all come up for my tournament, though. :)
I'm gonna try and make it. Parent johns and stuff but I should be able to make it work.

I'm kinda disappointed that I live so damn high up in this state. Everything that matters happens in the tri-state part.

bolt.

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try and make it. Parent johns and stuff but I should be able to make it work.

I'm kinda disappointed that I live so damn high up in this state. Everything that matters happens in the tri-state part.
Not at all, its just that the upstate/midstate smashers are ninjas...

and they only talk on a fb group

Thanos828

Smash Journeyman
If I had transportation I'd be in tristate CT all the time. Not being able to drive sucks when there are no buses, taxis, or trains in the boonies.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
and they only talk on a fb group
Its super exclusive too. Only real *** nugguhs get in there. Its like a CT Smash cabal.

Actually, we let Black Steve in there, so I guess its not as exclusive as I thought. I mean, homie can't get into most golf courses or country clubs but we let him in?

Top Bottom