• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Anyone who is anyone knows that the original CT Thread > this thread.
HAH.

I would really love to hear your explanation of why you qualify as "someone."

But I'm probably just going to ignore your reply anyway, so only respond if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Cort

Apple Head
I think a grand total of like 2.5 people actually care about rankings in CT.

Which leads me to wonder why this thread has over 1000 posts.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Really, 2.5? I think there's less than that.

This thread will be updated with our next Melee rankings after Spoc.

Is Melee going to get their 2nd rankings done before Brawl kids get their 1st rankings done? :p

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I think a grand total of like 2.5 people actually care about rankings in CT.

Which leads me to wonder why this thread has over 1000 posts.
aren't these rankings designed not so much for the people on them but for everyone not on them to try and get better than these players?

IcyLight

Smash Lord

Is Melee going to get their 2nd rankings done before Brawl kids get their 1st rankings done? :p
double post, yes, they will if spok is before the 25th, in which i think sean mentioned it WAS before the 25th.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yeah, Spoc is before the 25th lol. Melee people are ****** Brawl people currently. :pP

Cort

Apple Head
Not really. The thing is CT has so few players that care for the competitive community that our ranking topic is essentially never going to progress until like, 20 random people decide to start consistently showing up to tournaments.

This is why CT/a good chunk of New England blows.

As a result not even the competitive players have much will to constantly setup tournaments to try and stimulate the community and make people give a poo.

Jake, your waffles are of the delicious brand and I love to smother them all over my pancakes.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Aka, what happened in 2005-6. I doubt that will happen again though.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Not really. The thing is CT has so few players that care for the competitive community that our ranking topic is essentially never going to progress until like, 20 random people decide to start consistently showing up to tournaments.

As a result not even the competitive players have much will to constantly setup tournaments to try and stimulate the community and make people give a poo.

Jake, your waffles are of the delicious brand and I love to smother them all over my pancakes.

LOL
i want waffles now

noodles

Smash Champion

i think the gap between melee's current pr and the previous one is larger than brawl has been out XD

trademark0013

Smash Champion

this

even if 20 random ppl did start showing up, they wouldnt really matter. the same ppl would go, the same ppl would place, PRs might be adjusted slightly, then its back to the way it was

Cort

Apple Head
Nah, as long as a good amount of people from CT got interested in the competitive scene I think it would revive our scene as long as they consistently played or were generally good/talented at the game.

shrug

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Thats why you should keep introducing new people to the scene. Thats what i've been trying to do at my school. Hosting tournaments and gatherings just for smash. It actually draws in decent amount of people, even if most of them go to it for brawl a few people will decide to play melee. I'm even going to start hosting biweeklies next semester at my school to try and get a good competitive scene here.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229136

LOL Khaly.

I would really love to hear your explanation of why you qualify as "someone."
Do you ever stop being a ****?

You really have no reason to be such a tool, no reason. I know you are arguably the most sarcastic person in New England but I can recognize when you're joking, and when you're not. You're pretty much just like me. You're an *** on the boards, but when it boils down to it....you're not so bad in person. After you BS for a good half hour in person and stop insulting everyone you're a cool guy.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Misunderstanding having to do with jazz music I think.

Garrett is so cute. I just want to pinch his cheeks.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
**** i think im buying FFXI monday to keep me away from WoW -... i know ill play wow way too much
FFXI is good, but its kinda desolate because WoW ***** it of all its players.

I'd suggest picking up like...a populated LineageII private server.
-DD

Top Bottom