• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Failure!

Please change that shi* PoF, I'm tired of scrolling sideways on every page.
o_o Really? Why is your screen resolution so high...or low?

o.O hit Ctrl + or Ctrl - to enlarge/shrink your browser's text until it looks good to you. I didn't even notice Poffy's location.

-DD

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
o_o Really? Why is your screen resolution so high...or low?

o.O hit Ctrl + or Ctrl - to enlarge/shrink your browser's text until it looks good to you. I didn't even notice Poffy's location.

-DD
that just makes the size of the text shrink >_>. Which means i can't even read it. What would be the point of that? His location goes so far to the right that it's pushing the whole page with it.

noodles

Smash Champion
I'm confused, what's this supposed to mean, noodles?
i searched my name and found this. at pc's smashfest i thought you didnt want to play me since you might have thought i was just looking to beat you so i could brag or whatever

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
i asked him to play brawl with me at pc's smashfest. i think he knew what i was after which is why (i think)he declined lol. well to see how he is currently, and so he can teach me snake stuff.
i searched my name and found this. at pc's smashfest i thought you didnt want to play me since you might have thought i was just looking to beat you so i could brag or whatever
K in the first post you said he knew what you were after, then in the second post you said he thought you were just looking to beat him so you could brag, So...you were looking to beat him and brag about it?

Wow.

noodles

Smash Champion
i dont really brag about beating people. like at all, especially not friendlies. i did wanna see if i can beat him though. like when he played he beat me but it wasnt ****. its been almost a year now since hes played brawl (atleast i think) ive gotten alot better, and vs snake is my best match up. im pretty sure if i were to play your snake cort, without you warming up id be able to beat you. im almost 100% positive (im not sure how much of an accomplishment that is though) vs snake is also my best matchup. there was talk in the ct thread a few months before the smashfest that kinda of brought the topic up. which is why i thought you didnt wanna play me.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
>_>

I think the melee prs are going to be updated after SPOC since we have that and Samikay's tournament results to go off of.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You're numba one in mah heart. Idk, go to both of those tournaments and it'll depend on your rankings there.

It'd be so funny to put OOS'ers as like top 10 in CT. xD

Cort

Apple Head
i dont really brag about beating people. like at all, especially not friendlies. i did wanna see if i can beat him though. like when he played he beat me but it wasnt ****. its been almost a year now since hes played brawl (atleast i think) ive gotten alot better, and vs snake is my best match up. im pretty sure if i were to play your snake cort, without you warming up id be able to beat you. im almost 100% positive (im not sure how much of an accomplishment that is though) vs snake is also my best matchup. there was talk in the ct thread a few months before the smashfest that kinda of brought the topic up. which is why i thought you didnt wanna play me.
even when I played brawl I barely ever played

it's virtually impossible to **** people in brawl unless the matchup is clearly one sided

I am 100% sure I'd still easily beat you because I still have better MAINDGAMEZ than you, and I could tell you that from playing you in melee

I didn't want to play you because brawl isn't fun to play

unless ofcourse

you want to money match

$20?

noodles

Smash Champion
i dont usually like MMing people from ct but sure i guess. im also broke 80% of the time so unless i have a job itd be for less (unless i have the money >.>)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Noodles, unless you can back it up, don't call someone out and then back down. >_> You said you were 100% positive, nothing to lose, right?

noodles

Smash Champion
i didnt back down. also i said almost 100%. but okay once i have the 20$ we'll do the MM. gambling money i dont have isnt the best idea

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Okay, 99% of the time you think you'll win, 1% of the time you think Cort will win.

.99*20 -.01*20= $19.60 profit if you played him a lot.

I thought you were backing down, I didn't know you were going to mm him after you get the money so you can mm. My bad.

noodles

Smash Champion
>_<. im not gonna ask you to use a character of my choice. the MM wont settle what i was saying though

Cort

Apple Head
lol, it's just a really scrubby mentality

you keep saying you're confident in playing me, and then saying things like I have to not be warmed up first

also my snake isn't really predictable like catfights, I dont have a bad sidestepping habit like he does haha

snake vs rob is extremely uninteresting and not fun :|

IcyLight

Smash Lord
well geez if it's going to be like this then cort i'll beat you 100% of the time AND you can choose MY character! xD

and i never said we were playing smash bros.

noodles

Smash Champion
our view on what i was saying was alot different. i was saying, if you havent played since lets say CH3 and i was the next person you played ROB vs snake im pretty sure id win. thatd be an extremly big disadvantage for you. if you played brawl and entered tournaments and stuff, not extremely rusty. im not gonna argue that youd win. and i agree on your comment on snake vs ROB. all i have to do is just shoot stuff and get you off the stage, which is why i was so confident in what i was saying.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
So you won't do a mm of your whatever vs his whatever? So, basically you think he's better than you, just that Snake has such a big disadvantage that you'd win, not saying you're better than him, just saying that Snake is really bad vs Rob.

If you're saying that, then that is extremely lame. Who cares if you can beat him in a counter matchup for you vs him. That doesn't prove anything really.

Edit: People don't mm with my X character vs your X character unless the opponent KNOWS who they main and so they can find out what to expect. Cort used like 5 characters in Brawl and was good with everyone. Granted, he mostly used Snake, but against better players if the matchup was bad enough for Snake, he'd go a different character.

noodles

Smash Champion
i dont mind doing the MM at all. i just think he read what ive been saying wrong. ill have to use mk vs your mk if you decide to use him cort >_<

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
The money match is going to be a double blind. >_> Each of you are going to tell someone your character before the match starts. This makes it fair and not, "Oh he's going that character I guess I'll just switch and use this character."

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I am very tempted to accept this.
well what options do we have anyways i was just saying that

1) SF4 if you even play...

2) stepmania if you play (i heard you did that or i'm misinformed)

3) Disney sing-off for the lulz

4) guitar hero/rock band

5) Soul Calibur 2

6) starcraft/warcraft 3/counterstrike

i can't really think of anything else, have any options to throw in there? i've played about everything out there that's worth playing.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
this thread moved in a very entertaining direction

noodles, jus do what smashers do:

"player (in this case cort), my _____ vs ur ______, $X?"

thats how its done son

spawn/sean: we should all play more often esp since we dont live relatively far from each other

Top Bottom