• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
oh, I dunno, I meant I wouldn't leave No Johns particularly early. I think I'll be leaving stamford around 10, I dunno, I need to check when No Johns starts.
Sounds good to me. I'd be there around 9 if I show up. xD.
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
D: omg, whens it done? are you free at all friday? i dont have school that day

Chum

Smash Apprentice
worse than nyc drivers?
You have no idea, in NY its just angry people, in FL its really really old people who can't see very well.
where in FL do all the beast smashers live?
Orlando. I think H-box is there, Qvds is some where around central FL maybe gainsville, I really have no idea, but yea I'm told Orlando has the best competition in FL so i'm really just assuming those people live there.

Edit-I think we should actually make a life value equation. It can not have any variables that are multiplied by each other cuz then you end up with 0 values and those are bad.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
D: omg, whens it done? are you free at all friday? i dont have school that day
i'm going home on friday so maybe i can stop by ur place on the way
yea, venue's just 40 mins away. I'm gonna win the tournament though, so plan on staying the whole duration. Also it's an NYC tourney, so it's guaranteed to start late, so we'll be there probably until midnight or so.
fine by me

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Rockcrock, QDVS, Colbol, Frames, and Hungrybox are all in/near Orlando... I think.

Shiz and bros are like way southern and have noone to play lol.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Dear Wes and Bernard,

Die in a fire.

Also, Kirby is the worst character in the game. There's no doubt about it....like at all. If you think Pichus the worst character in the game....you really are an idiot and should stop playing Melee.

Pichu has a good usmash, chain throws, a good nair, and thats about it.

Ness is definitely not the worst character in the game either. Ness's recovery is beyond ****ing horrible but on stage....hes not so bad as long as you dont get grabbed! He has a nice f smash, a decent grab game, hes got a DJC, chain throw vs spacies, a great approach with his fair, and his bairs not so bad either.

Kirby on the other hand has a PREDICTABLE recovery, no good throws, only two good aerials, no good smash attacks, and can't combo anyone.

It's definitely Kirby.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
too busy to go into details but who cares about chaingrabbing on spacies??? half the melee cast does. it doesnt make them decent. thats not something that you should be considering.

pichu is the best of the 3 easily cuz his roll is teh sex

Brookman

Smash Hero
i don't know if I would consider anything pichu has 'good'

they're good in relation to pichu's other moves... sure, but good in comparison to other characters? not really

I think ness is the best out of the bunch, and I think that should be fairly obvious. Ness has the most speed and only REALLY has trouble with characters that out range him and out prioritize him everywhere (marth, sheik, ganon...etc) they all have a lot of similar problems though, they're just not scaled to the better characters.

quite literally, their scales are far from the likes of marth and ganon. People talk about moves or recover but in reality, they all have decent moves... if only they had made them slightly larger.

I guess you could argue that ness has the best edge guard in the game, and all of kirby's aerials are 'good.' His up air has his best ko power probably, and his f smash has interesting range and his tilts are.. descent. Pichu? Pichu has no range and damages himself, and doesn't really have any reliable means of gimping. That translates into pichu needing to out live his opponent...which is kinda hard when you weigh an oz.

Frankly, they all suck compared to GW.

Thanatos*~

Smash Apprentice
pretty sure roy has teh 1337 flames and he can beat jiggly and jiggly is the best cuz mango is the best so that makes roy pretty **** good

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Papito, what's your phone number? We gotta chill sometime mang.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I think ness is the best out of the bunch, and I think that should be fairly obvious. Ness has the most speed and only REALLY has trouble with characters that out range him and out prioritize him everywhere.

I guess you could argue that ness has the best edge guard in the game, and all of kirby's aerials are 'good.' His up air has his best ko power probably, and his f smash has interesting range and his tilts are.. descent. Pichu? Pichu has no range and damages himself, and doesn't really have any reliable means of gimping.
pretty much everyone out range and prioritize him.

pichu can gimp with downsmash, nair, and dair.

if ness goes off the stage, he's dead. the other two have somewhat of a chance to come back

_V_

Smash Ace
Psh, PC even says it in one of the matches one of Cort's matches from RoM. Pro players will edge guard you no matter what. It is true.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Question, what would make me the most profit:

All of my Wii/gamecube/DS games i no longer need. I want to sell all of them.

My first question is this, should I sell them on ebay or sell them back to gamestop?

Second question: There's this site called goozex.com where you ship your games to other people and get points. So like, bad games are worth 1 point, amazing games are worth 10 points. Should I ship off my games and get mad points and then use those to either
a) get the really rare hard to find games
b) get cheap bad ps3/360 games since they're worth a ton of money

What do you guys think?

Edit: Who's playing smash with me on Wednesday night?

noodles

Smash Champion
i have no idea. it depends on if my girl distracts me. it'll be later on in the evening tho or late afternoon
allrite sounds good. text me when your close plz.
Question, what would make me the most profit:

All of my Wii/gamecube/DS games i no longer need. I want to sell all of them.

My first question is this, should I sell them on ebay or sell them back to gamestop?

Second question: There's this site called goozex.com where you ship your games to other people and get points. So like, bad games are worth 1 point, amazing games are worth 10 points. Should I ship off my games and get mad points and then use those to either
a) get the really rare hard to find games
b) get cheap bad ps3/360 games since they're worth a ton of money

What do you guys think?

Edit: Who's playing smash with me on Wednesday night?
what pockyd said. id go with ebay, just dont bring it to gamestop

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
So what about when I get points from Goozex. If my choice is get rare game or get *insert ps3/xbox360 game here* what should i get?

Example: Final Fantasy 7 is worth 1000 points
Assassins Creed for Pstriple is worth 550 points

I could either get 2 ps3 games, or 1 rare/hard to find ps1 game. In other cases, Resident Evil 5 is worth 1000 points(ps3 game) and the highest it goes to is 1000 points. What should I do?

Also, if you decide to start using Goozex, put the referrer as Spawn90 so we both get 100 points. :D

Edit: Looks like I'm going to Nick's house on Wednesday to get my Xbox360 back. :D

noodles

Smash Champion
i dont know but i think everyone on smashboards should join and refer each other

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
You get the 100 points when you mail out your first game. That's the only part you have to pay for is the shipping in order to get your points

You also get it if you buy a 100 point game.

The person who referred you I mean.

Top Bottom