• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Power Rankings discussion UPDATED,BRAWL RANKINGS UP

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
if i get this job then i should be able to go to spoc maybe

mogwai: carpoozle?
Is it gonna be just you in your car?

I can probably carpool, but I doubt I can house on Friday or Saturday.

PoF, if you feel like driving down here or if we can get something together in between, I'll play today, but I'm not driving all the way up to North Haven.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
If Mogwai isn't going then I guess I'm not going. I don't know anyone else that is driving there that I could carpool with. T_T

Noodles, lemme know if you find someone that could get us there lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Asking people if they can/can't come over is not spam because it helps you/other person get better. You good Chewman.

I think we should do Brawl+ rankings for the lulz. Nick and I would be panelists. It'd look something like this:
1 DarkDragoon
2 Spawn

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
We haven't played yet. You'd def be on there since we'd have to make a top 10 LOL.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
PoF, if you feel like driving down here or if we can get something together in between, I'll play today, but I'm not driving all the way up to North Haven.
I don't know anyone else that is driving there that I could carpool with. T_T

Noodles, lemme know if you find someone that could get us there lol.
I want to go to SPOC. I forgot when it is...I have to look.....

someone come play me.
You and Mogwai should come here. HDTV with Component cable still lags.

I'd come to Milford tonight
^Read above.

We haven't played yet. You'd def be on there since we'd have to make a top 10 LOL.
I personally think that I should be a Brawl panelist because I'm one of the only active posters (aside from Noodles and Icylight) who actually decently gives a flying crap about that game. I **** most of CT, my placings in tournament have been consistent since the games release, and I still play. (mainly because all my scrub friends at QU and SCSU play it. LOL)

I think the rankings would go something like this.

Cort
Icylight
Noodles
TeeVee
Bizkit
Prince of Fire
Dark Dragoon

and then thats it. LOL

Despite the fact that Marc doesnt enter tournaments he could probably **** most people. Marcs snake is retardedly good.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
SPOC is April 18th.

PoF, I was talking about rankings for Brawl+ aka imitation Melee (but not nearly as good).

Also, Cort isn't eligible for a candidate in Brawl because he's too inactive(Brawl not Melee). I also can't be on there (not that I want to lulz) because I'm too inactive. It's stupid to put people on the list that aren't going to care one way or the other if they're on it. Like, you could put me as dead last in CT in Brawl, and I still wouldn't pick up the game seriously to start really playing.
Btw Cort is still the best in CT at that game LOL.

Brawl should probably be a top 5 since like 8 people play the game, you also forgot about Solid Jake. :o

noodles

Smash Champion
spawn you shouldnt make assumptions like that, especially since he wasnt THAT far away from some people in ct at the time that he played. no offense but you really dont know much of how good everyonr is now.

theres also .hack, mikeray moon doggie, vulcan, jv, nana and probably a few more i forgot that do well in brawl btw

Thanatos*~

Smash Apprentice
actually noodles has placed higher than icy light in recent tourneys. icy light beats him in sets everytime but I believe noodles beats higher quality ppl. and hes on new england power rankings so hes awesome....plus he helped hack my wii so like hes awesome and a good brawl player son....

noodles

Smash Champion
lol thx swift tim. i had like a 11-4 streak on icy, (rounds not matches) then in a tournament about 2 months ago i sent him to losers 2-0, he comes back to grand finals and beats me 6-1 ;_; i havent beaten him since.

edit: theres like 4 tournaments coming up in like 2 months so hopefully that'll settle top 1-4

edit2: sorry i forgot >_<

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
spawn you shouldnt make assumptions like that, especially since he wasnt THAT far away from some people in ct at the time that he played. no offense but you really dont know much of how good everyonr is now.

theres also .hack, mikeray moon doggie, vulcan, jv, nana and probably a few more i forgot that do well in brawl btw
Marc doesn't care about Brawl, so why are you bothering with this argument? That's like saying Khaly or Axel could **** me in DDR.......umm ok....but I don't care. LOL

Nana, Moon Doggie, JV, Vulcan, and all of those people used to attend tournies. Find me a tournament where Nana has entered. I talk to him still from time to time and he really doesn't care much anymore. If Nana has stopped caring about Brawl than that should be a sure sign that CT doesn't care about competitive Brawl. Your tournament name next month clearly shows CT's lack of interest as well.

Melee is a more exciting competitive fighter than Brawl. There's just no doubt about it. The fact of the matter is, Brawl brings new players because it's new and fresh and leaves Melee to only our veteran players. You've told me yourself that you play Brawl for the $$$ just like any other top player does. Brawl is all about the money. I on the other hand, play it for fun mostly now because my friends really could give two ****s about "tournaments" aside from Olimar369...which I pretty much can consistently beat him anyway. I don't need to prove anything playing Brawl anymore. People know I'm good. Also, I've noticed that people are more impressed with the ability to perform well in Melee VS Brawl. It takes so much more to stand out in Melee as opposed to Brawl.

Thanatos*~

Smash Apprentice
lol thx swift tim. i had like a 11-4 streak on icy, (rounds not matches) then in a tournament about 2 months ago i sent him to losers 2-0, he comes back to grand finals and beats me 6-1 ;_; i havent beaten him since.

edit: theres like 4 tournaments coming up in like 2 months so hopefully that'll settle top 1-4

edit2: sorry i forgot >_<
its all

good

pound3

noodles

Smash Champion
Marc doesn't care about Brawl, so why are you bothering with this argument? That's like saying Khaly or Axel could **** me in DDR.......umm ok....but I don't care. LOL

Nana, Moon Doggie, JV, Vulcan, and all of those people used to attend tournies. Find me a tournament where Nana has entered. I talk to him still from time to time and he really doesn't care much anymore. If Nana has stopped caring about Brawl than that should be a sure sign that CT doesn't care about competitive Brawl. Your tournament name next month clearly shows CT's lack of interest as well.

Melee is a more exciting competitive fighter than Brawl. There's just no doubt about it. The fact of the matter is, Brawl brings new players because it's new and fresh and leaves Melee to only our veteran players. You've told me yourself that you play Brawl for the $$$ just like any other top player does. Brawl is all about the money. I on the other hand, play it for fun mostly now because my friends really could give two ****s about "tournaments" aside from Olimar369...which I pretty much can consistently beat him anyway. I don't need to prove anything playing Brawl anymore. People know I'm good. Also, I've noticed that people are more impressed with the ability to perform well in Melee VS Brawl. It takes so much more to stand out in Melee as opposed to Brawl.
i wasnt talking about how good spawn is at all. the only other thing that has to do with what you qouted was about all the other brawl players. they do attend tournaments, problem is, ct hasnt had many brawl tournaments (except for the small hamden tournaments, which nana vulcan and moon doggie attended atleast once, nana went 3 times). the 3 of them still meet up, from what i hear every friday and are secretly getting better. btw youve been to 1 brawl tournament since summer.....1 and did well. theyve all attended way more and always do decent.
its all

good

pound3
:D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I've played Icy recently, things didn't change much. PC got 5th at a Brawl tournament with over 100 people(Mass Madness) and he hasn't played in months. Cort was better than PC in his prime so I'm pretty sure Cort is still better than everyone in CT even though he doesn't play it.

noodles

Smash Champion
nice logic lol. it makes sense though. hed need to play before you can say that though, it doesnt make it fact.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I know it doesn't make it fact. There are many similarities between PC's playstyle and Cort's playstyle... they both use Snake too so I felt it wouldn't be completely terrible Inui logic.

noodles

Smash Champion
thats true BUT, if we were to play him before he gets any type of practice we'd might win/at the very least do really well. which is what im trying to say. also pc entered a brawl tournament the week before mm

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Cort's also really good at ssb64. So gay. T_T

I wonder where I'd be if we did a ssb64 pr. I dunno how good Brookman is... I think I'd be top 3/4. *this is disguise for trying to see if anyone plays ssb64 at a higher level LOL*

I'm done meatriding Cort now. ;P

Edit: Noodles, how'd pc do at that one (the one before MM)?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Nah, I was just seeing if I could further prove my point or not. Haha, ****. No win.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Asking people if they can/can't come over is not spam because it helps you/other person get better. You good Chewman.

I think we should do Brawl+ rankings for the lulz. Nick and I would be panelists. It'd look something like this:
1 DarkDragoon
2 Spawn
I love you. So much.

Noodles, put this on the OP.

iunno, im purty good at it
You can be #3.

I personally think that I should be a Brawl panelist because I'm one of the only active posters (aside from Noodles and Icylight) who actually decently gives a flying crap about that game. I **** most of CT, my placings in tournament have been consistent since the games release, and I still play. (mainly because all my scrub friends at QU and SCSU play it. LOL)

I think the rankings would go something like this.

Cort
Icylight
Noodles
TeeVee
Bizkit
Prince of Fire
Dark Dragoon
Pft. You forgot Jake. And those other people that play Brawl also.

You really don't lose Brawl skill. It takes a good 5 minutes to remember how to play Brawl.
Assuming you knew anything in the first place, which a lot of the "top" CT Brawl players don't. Its just smash skill.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Takes me about 15 minutes to warm my Diddy back up. But that's cause I have to get back in the habit glide toss non-stop lol On the other hand, it takes a good three hours to warm up my Fox in Melee LOL

Aesir

Smash Master
It takes me 30 minutes to warm up in Melee.

Then again marth really doesn't require anything technical, but once I start warming up my marth can basically do anything..

Ask marc =)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Screw you Aiser, lol. /lost one match as Sheik vs his Marth Our matches are so inconsistant *3 stocks you with Fox "Looks like you're still bad vs Fox" *gets 3 stocked as Fox* "Rematch same stage mother ****er" LOL.

It takes me <1 minute to warm up as Sheik. Just have to do like 3/4 shino stalls and 3/4 perfect wavelands so I can do them often.

Fox on the other hand... don't even get me started. Probably like 5-7 matches lol.

Falco also needs no warmup time... for me at least. Maybe practicing waveshines since his feels weird to me.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
o_O Over a year to warm up. That's ridiculous.

Mogwai, I found out how to outcamp you on FD, hehehe. :D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Shino stalling is only half of it. :D

That's it, next tourny we're both at, $1 mm. FD Only!!! Best of 3 since it'll take way too long otherwise.

Top Bottom