• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
My friend and I a few weeks ago were looking for old random shows to watch on youtube because we were mad bored and we stumbled upon that. Its actually really hard to find that show on youtube not dubbed or being made fun of.

yeah brooooo boston lost :) LOL great series tho, thought'd they make another magic combeback.
Boston is the luckiest team in Baseball. that 7-0 comeback...beating NY like that.....L-u-c-k-y. There like me when I play pool....I'll be getting ran and have about 7 more balls to sink while my opponent has two and i'll just run them lol.

Hell Yeah Fruck Boston lol i didnt want manny to make it with the dodgers either.:laugh:
Agreed.

boston CELTICS with Kevin Garnett the best player in the world > life
Fixed.

Noodles-Looks like I'll have to be playing with Trade, Mike Money, and ZK a bit more now. No one lives near me. Gay.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah PoF that was one of those think before you posts things.

Brookman I miss you like Woah

Lol at Darc mah bad

<3 Jam

<3 Milktea

PC I miss you

Cort lets play soon

Pound3

Chum

Smash Apprentice
This is a random year for sports. The Bills 5-1 they haven't seen a record like that in forever. Sabres are 4-0 I think? Tampa Bay? Its like their only winning series....... ever.

noodles

Smash Champion
^^yes. also i think they just realized that people can find amazing things through hacking the game. i mean not to long ago they were against the no tripping code

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
They had the 3rd best record in baseball going into the playoffs and were still a wildcard.

Definitely luck.

LMAO.
Yeah PoF that was one of those think before you posts things.
I did not mean that the team was lucky and had no skill I'm implying that they get the luckiest comebacks/crap when they clearly should not be winning.

That is what Boston does...they usually are down and they make ******** comebacks that should not be happening. I still think to this day that there comeback VS the Yankees was the biggest hoax ever.

Also: Someone want to play tomorrow night for a little while? I havent played with anyone other than my tournies in a bit.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
TT_TT No, Sandra wasn't at Esticle.

I think I'll bring her to the next one if the timing works out.

o_o She makes me happy, so she'll probably buffer my losing...uh...I want to say streak, but since I started out losing...and kept losing...I really don't know...

>_> Okay, since she makes me happy, she'll probably buffer my sucking at this game with a kiss or two! LAWL PDA WOO!

So did I mention Sandra is knitting me a scarf? How ****ing hardcore is that? Its like, a bright green color too. It'll look good with my eyes.

-DD
Yes, be happy about the knitting while you still can *cough*schooldays*cough*

Anyways I blew through all of Code Geass season two in the last two days. I'm a bit disappointed by much of it. They had way too many twists just for the sake of having twists, at the cost of the plot. The twists were bad, the plot was bad, and the story was all but ruined. Too many characters dying and coming back to life. Too many unexplained events happening. Most of the time I was asking, "How the **** is she/he still alive?!?!!", and they never explained any of it.

There was also too much of story that was designated to dealing with the nature of Geass rather than the conflict between Brittania and Japan. You'd think that would be a good thing, but a good 5 or 6 eps was set aside for what was basically him and his father arguing about their philosphies of the use of Geass, which I had long since stopped caring about. I hated everything in the spiritual world with his mother and father and CC, which was poorly explained. I hated how people lost and regained their memories at the drop of a hat, I hated how there was numerous betrayals by the same people switching sides over and over and OVER, and I hated the ongoing and never ending dialouge between the pilots during war arguing their ideologies which NO ONE CARES ABOUT WHEN IT'S DONE 17 BILLION TIMES IN 25 EPISODES.

I did like how they brought a mythical quality to this futuristic world with things such as the Knights of Rounds. I loved that. I also really liked how they explained the ending of season one and especially everything in the first 5 eps of season two. It was VERY well set up and had GREAT twists, worthy of the first season. Some were even Death Note calibur. But around the ep where they ripped off V for Vendetta, everything just started flying out the window. It seemed like the writers said, "Ok, now what's the CRAZIEST thing that can happen at this point, doesn't matter if it doesn't make any sense", and they did that for every episode.

What was great about the first season was that it had a great story with great characters and great twists. And while I had my problems with it, it more than redeemed itself by the end. The second season just fell prey to everything I hate about the mecha genre, which is why I don't watch them to begin with. It was a miracle of miracles that I actually sat down to watch Code Geass, and I was suprised by how good it was. But now, it almost seems like it wasn't worth it by the end. They had GREAT potential for this show, but they squandered most of it. The first five or so eps of the second season more than delivered in every sense, but they just couldn't maintain it.

To wrap up, I will say that I very much enjoyed the final twist. That was well executed and seemed like it belonged in this show. I loved that he thought that far ahead. Visually speaking, season two exceeds season one. I loved looking at the show, with all the great new costumes and designs of the mechs. Many scenes were also terrifically set up. There was one scene in particular that stuck with me:
early on when Suzaku comes back to attend Ashford Academy and Lelouch is hiding the fact that he has regained his memory. Right before they speak to each other for the first time since the emperor wiped Lelouch's memory, they quickly think back to what has happened in the past and what their current relationship is supposed to be so they can fool one another.
It's a BRILLIANT scene, the best one in the entire second season I think. I rewatched that scene a dozen times because it was so amazingly spectacular. It's a shame there weren't more scenes like this.

Overall, I think season two is still worth watching, but it doesn't carry the emotional impact of season one. It is also much weaker in terms of story and twists, but you'll end up seeing it anyway if you've watched season one (because it's so good you HAVE to find out what happens next).

In the world of anime, where anything is possible (especially in a fantastical sciene fiction show like Code Geass), events must be explained. Otherwise, what's to stop the writers from having any contrived scene they want occur without having to worry about the consequences. If it isn't explained there is no point in it happening. It detracts from the story and stops the viewer from enjoying the rest of it. The reason shows like Death Note (first 25 eps) are so amazing is because they follow the rules they have set up in their world. Everything that occurs happens within the boundaries of what could take place from what we know. That's why the plot twists were so great, because THEY MADE SENSE even in a world of Shingami's and books that kill people once you write their name in it. When a show starts introducing elements that aren't believable in the world they've set up, the story suffers.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Wow, thumbs. That was really long.

Hey guys-A Good stage to take a Samus as Marth? I was thinking Yoshi, and Mute City?

Yoshi-Because of the obvious.

Mute City-The samus always has to be moving and it reduces campyness. Also: she loses her tether recovery and with the changing elevation of the stage Marth can set up for tippers more nicely.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
what the **** did I just see

yeah brooooo boston lost :) LOL great series tho, thought'd they make another magic combeback.
>_<'

Boston is the luckiest team in Baseball. that 7-0 comeback...beating NY like that.....L-u-c-k-y. There like me when I play pool....I'll be getting ran and have about 7 more balls to sink while my opponent has two and i'll just run them lol.
I did not mean that the team was lucky and had no skill I'm implying that they get the luckiest comebacks/crap when they clearly should not be winning.

That is what Boston does...they usually are down and they make ******** comebacks that should not be happening. I still think to this day that there comeback VS the Yankees was the biggest hoax ever.
Good to know your ignorant posts aren't strictly confined to smash-related things.
How the **** was 2004 a HOAX? You mean like Criss Angel mindfreak? It wasn't actually the players but all ILLUSIONS?

ANYWAYS, Ra Ra Riot was pretty rad live :)

noodles

Smash Champion
happy birthday jam

edit: happy birthday to people whose birthday is today or tommorow

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I know, we should just go back to playing Melee. Seriously, I miss Melee.

A lot.
I like this post. And I agree. :bee:

Side Note-I'm about done with Final Fantasy IV on the DS. Next-I started Final Fantasy III (VI On PS1) last night.

Want to hear something gay? I'm a moron because I sold my FF Anthology and Final Fantasy III original cartirdge like three years ago. I=Moron.

I'm just going to go on ebay and re buy them though, I NEED them in my video game collection fo sho.

Next game to play after VI-XII.

Yum.

Off to my first job....then on to my second afterword. Bye guys.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yes, be happy about the knitting while you still can *cough*schooldays*cough*
****!
Anyways I blew through all of Code Geass season two in the last two days. I'm a bit disappointed by much of it. They had way too many twists just for the sake of having twists, at the cost of the plot. The twists were bad, the plot was bad, and the story was all but ruined. Too many characters dying and coming back to life. Too many unexplained events happening. Most of the time I was asking, "How the **** is she/he still alive?!?!!", and they never explained any of it.

There was also too much of story that was designated to dealing with the nature of Geass rather than the conflict between Brittania and Japan. You'd think that would be a good thing, but a good 5 or 6 eps was set aside for what was basically him and his father arguing about their philosphies of the use of Geass, which I had long since stopped caring about. I hated everything in the spiritual world with his mother and father and CC, which was poorly explained. I hated how people lost and regained their memories at the drop of a hat, I hated how there was numerous betrayals by the same people switching sides over and over and OVER, and I hated the ongoing and never ending dialouge between the pilots during war arguing their ideologies which NO ONE CARES ABOUT WHEN IT'S DONE 17 BILLION TIMES IN 25 EPISODES.

I did like how they brought a mythical quality to this futuristic world with things such as the Knights of Rounds. I loved that. I also really liked how they explained the ending of season one and especially everything in the first 5 eps of season two. It was VERY well set up and had GREAT twists, worthy of the first season. Some were even Death Note calibur. But around the ep where they ripped off V for Vendetta, everything just started flying out the window. It seemed like the writers said, "Ok, now what's the CRAZIEST thing that can happen at this point, doesn't matter if it doesn't make any sense", and they did that for every episode.

What was great about the first season was that it had a great story with great characters and great twists. And while I had my problems with it, it more than redeemed itself by the end. The second season just fell prey to everything I hate about the mecha genre, which is why I don't watch them to begin with. It was a miracle of miracles that I actually sat down to watch Code Geass, and I was suprised by how good it was. But now, it almost seems like it wasn't worth it by the end. They had GREAT potential for this show, but they squandered most of it. The first five or so eps of the second season more than delivered in every sense, but they just couldn't maintain it.

To wrap up, I will say that I very much enjoyed the final twist. That was well executed and seemed like it belonged in this show. I loved that he thought that far ahead. Visually speaking, season two exceeds season one. I loved looking at the show, with all the great new costumes and designs of the mechs. Many scenes were also terrifically set up. There was one scene in particular that stuck with me:
early on when Suzaku comes back to attend Ashford Academy and Lelouch is hiding the fact that he has regained his memory. Right before they speak to each other for the first time since the emperor wiped Lelouch's memory, they quickly think back to what has happened in the past and what their current relationship is supposed to be so they can fool one another.
It's a BRILLIANT scene, the best one in the entire second season I think. I rewatched that scene a dozen times because it was so amazingly spectacular. It's a shame there weren't more scenes like this.

Overall, I think season two is still worth watching, but it doesn't carry the emotional impact of season one. It is also much weaker in terms of story and twists, but you'll end up seeing it anyway if you've watched season one (because it's so good you HAVE to find out what happens next).

In the world of anime, where anything is possible (especially in a fantastical sciene fiction show like Code Geass), events must be explained. Otherwise, what's to stop the writers from having any contrived scene they want occur without having to worry about the consequences. If it isn't explained there is no point in it happening. It detracts from the story and stops the viewer from enjoying the rest of it. The reason shows like Death Note (first 25 eps) are so amazing is because they follow the rules they have set up in their world. Everything that occurs happens within the boundaries of what could take place from what we know. That's why the plot twists were so great, because THEY MADE SENSE even in a world of Shingami's and books that kill people once you write their name in it. When a show starts introducing elements that aren't believable in the world they've set up, the story suffers.
XD Yea, there are lots of questions I want answered too. I heard rumors of an OVA or a movie to wrap it all up.

How the **** was 2004 a HOAX? You mean like Criss Angel mindfreak? It wasn't actually the players but all ILLUSIONS?
They made elephants disappear under home plate.
True story.

Only not really, that would be ridiculous.

Happy Birthday Jam!
This.

Somewhere in Kansas.

>___>

And why the **** is the SBR trying to hack Brawl? It's so stupid.

Smooth Criminal
o_o Hacked Brawl, as a hacker myself, is something I support.

Then again, I prefer tooling around with a game more than I enjoy playing it, so I'm probably a bad example.
>_>...
LOL.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
****!

XD Yea, there are lots of questions I want answered too. I heard rumors of an OVA or a movie to wrap it all up.
I think it was fine the way it ended. I just wish the stuff beforehand had been explained. And let me guess
you think Lelouch is still alive because CC said his name to the guy at the reins of the coach she was on at the end :laugh:

Top Bottom