• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I just found out the absolute COOLEST thing EVER with Roy. Roy is definitely better than most people give him credit for.
That Roy dtilt thing you're talking about is pretty common knowledge:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=790641&postcount=1

Haha, that post is from 2004. Besides, no Fox or Falco worth their salt is going to Firefox at Roy if they have any other option available...which includes plummeting to a somewhat less embarrassing death.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yum. I had no idea Roy does that good against Fox. The d tilt is probably roys best attack and exectuing a sweet spotted Fsmash on Fox or Falco around 30-40% will definitely put you in some form of edge guard position. The only problem with this is that Roy falls faster and is not as fast...
>_> No, Roy probably doesn't do that good against Fox. Mewtwo probably does better.
;O LETS ASK MOOKIE!
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
In both of these videos "Nick" has the most predictable roll patterns. He rolls away from the edge EVERY SINGLE TIME pretty much. Why aren't you punishing this? You need to slow down and wait. You do not need to be super aggressive all the time. Try to keep Sheik above or in front of you at all times. In the first match you stood around wayyyyyyy too long. You need to move around and mix it up. I knw EXACTLY what you were going to do for the first minute of that match. You just stood around and hoped for an u throw to u tilt to f smash combo and i'm sure your opponent knew this...thats why he punished you. Try to mix it up more. Also-Grab more and try to save your jumps. On the first match you jumped to avoid his fair. If he caught you on the way down with a dash attack (he missed) you would have lost your stock easily.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ya more vids of me not doing so well :urg:
Wasn't playing so well to day, not feeling the greatest :urg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQMVo8l3Ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGm1AoNCM6g&feature=user

Cog, critique me again please. Now that I have decent quality videos I can see most of my mistakes. I suck at spacing, and pretty much every thing else...
I lol'd at :29 in the first match.
1:08 needed an edge hog.
1:50 needed a tipper. I've never seen a ken combo fail before o.o.
2:56 you should have thrown backwards.

Overall[Vid 1]: Stop UThrow->Utilting Sheik. Its not working. UThrow to UThrow...if that works on Sheik...I forget. LOL. But yea, not UThrow to UTilt. Unless you're somehow doing those things that lead to that missed amazing kill at 1:08.
------------

Should have punished the hell out of the Zelda. Just sayin'. Screw friendlies.
1:25 was great spacing.
1:35 was facepalm.
1:45 was wtf? Interesting chain grab there Nick. >_> Not positive, but you probably could've DI'd out when he jabbed if you went up and jumped. Or NAir might've worked.
Rest of the match: Son you're getting owned.

Overall[Vid 2]: You have to learn how to use Dream Land to your advantage. Here, uThrowing Sheik onto a plat form and then following with aerials or something is nifty.
Do the things PoF said too, not that I read them, I just saw he posted.
-DD

Chum

Smash Apprentice
In both of these videos "Nick" has the most predictable roll patterns. He rolls away from the edge EVERY SINGLE TIME pretty much. Why aren't you punishing this? You need to slow down and wait. You do not need to be super aggressive all the time. Try to keep Sheik above or in front of you at all times. In the first match you stood around wayyyyyyy too long. You need to move around and mix it up. I knw EXACTLY what you were going to do for the first minute of that match. You just stood around and hoped for an u throw to u tilt to f smash combo and i'm sure your opponent knew this...thats why he punished you. Try to mix it up more. Also-Grab more and try to save your jumps. On the first match you jumped to avoid his fair. If he caught you on the way down with a dash attack (he missed) you would have lost your stock easily.
Ya, we both know were predictible and we are trying to stop that. We both need to work on not rolling and everything else. I don't know why but I have a lot of trouble with sh double fairs.

Overall[Vid 1]: Stop UThrow->Utilting Sheik. Its not working. UThrow to UThrow...if that works on Sheik...I forget. LOL. But yea, not UThrow to UTilt. Unless you're somehow doing those things that lead to that missed amazing kill at 1:08.
------------

1:45 was wtf? Interesting chain grab there Nick. >_> Not positive, but you probably could've DI'd out when he jabbed if you went up and jumped. Or NAir might've worked.

Overall[Vid 2]: You have to learn how to use Dream Land to your advantage. Here, uThrowing Sheik onto a plat form and then following with aerials or something is nifty.
-DD
The sheik chain grab on marth was just something nick wanted to see, I didn't di at all during that.
I don't know why but I have a lot of trouble with sh double fairs.
I'll have lots of more videos up in the next week, should have some of my falco, and I actually like how my falco looks, unlike my marth.

noodles

Smash Champion

------------

-DD
hmm i kinda wanna do one now.
Ya more vids of me not doing so well :urg:
Wasn't playing so well to day, not feeling the greatest :urg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQMVo8l3Ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGm1AoNCM6g&feature=user

Cog, critique me again please. Now that I have decent quality videos I can see most of my mistakes. I suck at spacing, and pretty much every thing else...
use metaknight

Top Bottom