• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I watched The Phantom Menace with my wife last night. What a horrible movie. I suppose that what I don't like the most about the entire Star Wars saga is that it was Anakin's love for Padme that drove him to the Dark Side, yet his love for Luke brought him back. That just seems contradictory to me.
Tooooooo true. Anyway, Phantom Menace is a s-h-i-t-l-o-a-d better than Attack of The Clones and Revenge of the Sith for multiple reasons.

1-The acting in phantom menace was much better than Attack Of The Clones and Revenge Of The Sith

2-The lightsaber scenes were solid...not great...but solid.

3-Darth Maul was a great character.

4-Liam Neeson working with Ewan Mcgreggor is just awesome

5-Anakin wasn't that annoying yet.

6-Podracing scene looked pretty nice in theaters

7-Boss Nass :)

It was definitely the best of the new Star Wars movie....but still does not touch the original three

The main reason why the new movies sucked----The Acting. They focused tooooo much on making it look SUPER COOL...and the new trilogy presented failed because of the acting.

Harrison Ford, Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, etc were all great actors and actresses that worked well together.

EDIT-Dr. Super has the best location EVER.
(I see what you did there!!! ;) )

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Winner gets a savior badge for the JW scouts.

Yeah, I don't think there are any birthdays or holidays.

I remember I had a JW friend (parents forced and etc.) and he wasn't sure of when his birthday was. I had to buy him a "invented korean custom" gift for his birthday and christmas.

As a matter of fact, I have one gift that I got for him that his mom didn't let me give him....from 4 years ago.

My other friends who have known him longer also told me that when they were kids, someone had brought cupcakes to class for their birthday.. and my JW friend couldn't have one D:
NO CUPCAKES????? WTF

Thanks to everyone who read my essay, If you enjoyed it, please check out my short story. The more criticism I receive, the better:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4709132#post4709132

I watched The Phantom Menace with my wife last night. What a horrible movie. I suppose that what I don't like the most about the entire Star Wars saga is that it was Anakin's love for Padme that drove him to the Dark Side, yet his love for Luke brought him back. That just seems contradictory to me.
His love for Padme brought him to the darkside because he let his emotions control him and take him over. he wanted to save her no matter what, but unfortunatly sidious had already converted him to the darkside. The moment he struck mace down he was converted.

The love for his son brought him back because by that time he had already learned to control his emotions and not become a slave to them. He saw his son someone who had the very same problem he had never once did Luke stray from the path of the Jedi and in a way Luke became the man Anikin was meant to become.

Now why this effected Anikin was a mystery I personally think Lukes stubborn and naive attitude for better or worse sunk into him and he finally saw the error in his ways. Or perhaps seeing your only son being murdered infront of you probably flipped the morality switch in his brain and saw the error in his ways.

/starwars nerd.
"love leads to anger, anger leads to hate." old-school jedis were assholes. Luke pretty much reinvented the wheel in that #1 he was the last/only jedi remaining and #2 he learned that in order to be a true jedi you needed to embrace some feelings while controling others... old school jedis wouldn't like that very much. And yeah, the prequels don't exist... if and when I ever have kids I am NOT showing them the prequels.

Aesir do you mean Empire Strikes Back? Or was that intentional? and yeah Empire is by far the best.

Aesir

Smash Master
NO CUPCAKES????? WTF

"love leads to anger, anger leads to hate." old-school jedis were assholes. Luke pretty much reinvented the wheel in that #1 he was the last/only jedi remaining and #2 he learned that in order to be a true jedi you needed to embrace some feelings while controling others... old school jedis wouldn't like that very much. And yeah, the prequels don't exist... if and when I ever have kids I am NOT showing them the prequels.

Aesir do you mean Empire Strikes Back? Or was that intentional? and yeah Empire is by far the best.
LOL did I really just call it Empire Strikes First? LOL

I meant Back yes.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
sleepyk how goes the ippu

the reason i ask here is because you're not on aim, lolol

edit: aesir do you like bad religion that much? LOL

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I just watched ipposode 58 during my ippobreaktiem between classes

;~:

BEAST!!!

Smash Rookie
Wtf

POF did you say that Phantom Menace is better then Revenge of the Sith....no way! I agree that the old ones were much better tho

_V_

Smash Ace
4-Liam Neeson working with Ewan Mcgreggor is just awesome
Quoted for ****ing truth!

It is amazing that George Lucas can have those two amazing actors and Natalie Portman...and still make ****ty movies.

Both Anakins were horrible actors. There was absolutely no chemistry between Hayden and Natalie and that was supposed to be the driving force behind why Anakin turned to the dark side. Wahh I want to protect you with my powers...wah wah wah.

I love Star Wars...and still enjoyed these movies...but man...they are horrible.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
every time i turn around the boys fight over me
every time i step out the house they wanna fight over me
maybe cause i'm hot to death and so so so sexy!
all the boys, all the silly boys, they wanna fight over me.

boys boys boys boys fighting over meeee

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
every time i turn around the boys fight over me
every time i step out the house they wanna fight over me
maybe cause i'm hot to death and so so so sexy!
all the boys, all the silly boys, they wanna fight over me.

boys boys boys boys fighting over meeee
so true, so true.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The dialog is what really murdered the first three Star Wars movies. Even great actors (like Ewan Mcgreggor) can only do so much with the horrible, horrible scripts that they were given. Fun fact- Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher ad-libbed a good deal of their dialog in The Empire Strikes Back (which is my favorite movie). Right before Han Solo is encased in carbonite, it was Ford's idea to say "I know" instead of "I love you too".

In other news, I'm going to begin work on a story where Smashers are super heroes and super villains. If you're interested, PM or otherwise message me with what you want your super power to be, and whether or not you want to be a good guy or a bad guy. I'll do my best to accommodate everyone's request, but I may have to take some creative license for the story's sake. So the sooner you let me know what you want, the better!

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Haha, that sounds like fun Jam. I wanna be in it but I dunno what yet. How supah can people be?
You can choose your own power, but I'll scale how powerful everyone is according to "real-life". For example, if PC wanted to be involved, he'd obviously be one of the more powerful heroes/villains.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
The Empire Strikes Back (which is my favorite movie).

In other news, I'm going to begin work on a story where Smashers are super heroes and super villains. If you're interested, PM or otherwise message me with what you want your super power to be, and whether or not you want to be a good guy or a bad guy. I'll do my best to accommodate everyone's request, but I may have to take some creative license for the story's sake. So the sooner you let me know what you want, the better!
I agree. That is the best movie....without a doubt.

Umm I'd like to be involved with that story....sounds interesting.

i'll pm you my fo or friend and ability thing in the near future.

anyway the new offspring album is amazing..>_>;
I downloaded it...have not listened yet. (Goes to listen)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Didn't you tell me that you main Sonic?

Theres your answer right there.

Brawl sucks compared to Melee...blah blah blah we know.

EDIT-if you select VIEW YOUR FRIENDS all the way to the right at the list of your friends it says "Break Friendship." A little harsh SWF? haha haha
Sonic is the PRECISE reason I keep playing this awful game. But goddamit, he has SOOO many bad matchups.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Repost for new page:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Being alive is nice. PoF, we'll hang out after I graduate Monday.

Top Bottom