• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I don't actually even like LOST, so I won't argue with you.

Brawl sucks. Just throwin' that out there.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I like the music in Melee more. Brawl has the Dark World theme (which you can only hear in single player or on banned stages) and that's about it. I really didn't need 187 arrangements of the Brawl theme.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
D: But I love that theme!
Also, I like the pokemon remixes, and the Kirby remixes too.

Also, the Grenade kick in lost last night was epic.
I want a .gif of it =(
Also:
Going on Wifi.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I love the Brawl theme but I set the melee music to play most of the time because it gets old if it plays every single time...
All the metal gear songs, all the fire emblem songs, the pikmin songs, the variety of zelda songs, the variety of kirby songs, the earthbound songs.... weird if it's one thing people seem to agree on in the brawl v melee debate it's that the music improved.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Zoso-Haha, awesome location.

The music in Brawl is definitely better than Melee. Half of the music in Melee is in Brawl anyway....Minus like FD and dreamland pretty much.

I miss Dream Land...good stage. Brawl does not suck...its just that melee is 23894234i2340 times better and it makes it look like it sucks.

I like Brawl though....its something new to play.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
**uhhhhh subtle spoilers?**
haha the grenade kick was awesome! and then his body went flying cuz he forgot to shield

I was thinking of making a gif of the Sayid fight because he was kicking ***

Cog, I think I've read that somewhere so I'm not gonna argue. I actually believe it was one of the lost podcasts where they were talking about the future of the show. Either way it seems like these shenanigans could go on forever. I know its unlikely but I wish they would just stick to a few plots so I myself am not always so lost.
I went that whole episode saying "who is jeremy bentham? Should I know who that is? Was he that guy? Or is he someone new?" etc. And honestly I could care less what happens to Jack from now on. I never really liked him and now I'm just getting sick of him. Lock is still an incredibly interesting character. Theres just sooooo many subplots going on it seems like we never get anywhere. lol but I still keep watching....
they win!

edit: this is interesting how they tie in real life people to the characters all the time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham

hour later edit: This is also interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2203errLVY

Sir James

The Doctor
LOL

Brawl is definitely a good game and it has great potential. Sure, Melee may be better right now, but we have to remember that Melee has a fully developed meta game that took years to develop. Give Brawl some time. There is still a chance that it can become almost as good as Melee.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I like all the arrangements in Melee better.

Actually, chalk up one more for Brawl since it has music from Revenge of Meta Knight.

Obviously, I'm exaggerating when I say Brawl sucks. I think it's a bit much to say it sucks, but I do think it's a giant disappointment.

But seriously, it sucks balls.

Khaly, maybe I'll see you there. ;)

Papito

Smash Journeyman
i am super crazy bored, im remembering the good ol days when i used to skip school smoke a blunt, and play smash 64 in my cuzins basement. he used to piss me off cuz all he did was pikachu's back throw.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
lol, there's a lot of music I like in brawl

4 of my favorites though (old Mute City, Fountain of Dreams, and the 2 Earthbound songs) are included so I gotta say both games have some awesome music.

Also, I'm making a batch of sigs tomorrow so if anyone wants one, make a request in the BB topic with what you'd like on it.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
LOL

Brawl is definitely a good game and it has great potential. Sure, Melee may be better right now, but we have to remember that Melee has a fully developed meta game that took years to develop. Give Brawl some time. There is still a chance that it can become almost as good as Melee.
and you have to remember that brawl was developed with the intention of making it as noncompetative as possible, so theres no way it can become as good as melee

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
D: So I got totally rejected by this girl tonight.
@_@ Ah well, on to the next one.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=( it hurt extras because she plays smash.
@_@ SO CLOSE TO PERFECTION.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
**uhhhhh subtle spoilers?**
haha the grenade kick was awesome! and then his body went flying cuz he forgot to shield

I was thinking of making a gif of the Sayid fight because he was kicking ***

Cog, I think I've read that somewhere so I'm not gonna argue. I actually believe it was one of the lost podcasts where they were talking about the future of the show. Either way it seems like these shenanigans could go on forever. I know its unlikely but I wish they would just stick to a few plots so I myself am not always so lost.
I went that whole episode saying "who is jeremy bentham? Should I know who that is? Was he that guy? Or is he someone new?" etc. And honestly I could care less what happens to Jack from now on. I never really liked him and now I'm just getting sick of him. Lock is still an incredibly interesting character. Theres just sooooo many subplots going on it seems like we never get anywhere. lol but I still keep watching....
they win!

edit: this is interesting how they tie in real life people to the characters all the time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Bentham

hour later edit: This is also interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2203errLVY
*shrug* I enjoy having mysteries presented to me. I really think it's quite challenging without crosssing the line into stupid. I know it's a played out analogy but it really is like pieces of a puzzle slowly being turned over. Some you are like "ahhh so that's what that is" and others (most) are like "so I know what that looks like but how does it fit with the rest/what's the bigger picture". The fact that new questions/mysteries are constantly being presented may give the illusion that nothing ever happens but um remember when the Others were dirty mysterious strangers living in the jungle? Of course I am pretty much almost as hardcore as one can get with that show... I freaking love it so much and read up on and follow theories and the ARG stuff the show does (kind of like viral marketing: did you see this during a commercial break?: http://www.octagonrecruiting.com/ )

I really like Jack still. He's had some shoddy flashbacks (the tattoo one in particular). But he's insanely flawed and complicated, which is why I like him. I like tragic people with hero complexes. I loved Locke's line in the finale: "If you lie to them half as well as you do to yourself, they'll believe you." Plus I love bearded Jack, obv. *strokes beard*

And yeah the producers were pushing hard for ABC to give them an end date and I believe before season 4 aired they came to an agreement. There are going to be 2 more seasons with 17 episodes each. Originally it was going to be 16 each but since the writer's strike f'ed up this season they added some.

gg's Cog!!! That was fun :)

gg's Noodles? That was you, right? I forget when people have different board and Brawl names!
GGz indeed....that was really fun, we're pretty well matched :) lol @ monkey match

yea gg's n416=noodles416 i was gunna play longer but had to leave
ggz... your rob is like....super annoying....lol

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
you guys watch lost too?

sayid is badass

lol @ Hugo beating eco in chess

lol Jeremy Bentham wtf.......

Ben is the f**kin man.........I love Ben honestly he is one of the many reasons I keep up with the show. F**k Jack and Kate and all that mellow drama with Soyer/juliet. Ben and Locke have a WAY MORE INTERESTING plot

Top Bottom