• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
come to think of it, I heard a higher up at square enix was threatening to fire some employees for making games "only they'd play" and that they'd need to make more mainstream games.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
I caught a glimpse of the milk-T and it looked like a winner

it's all about the $$$$$$$$$'s
yaaaay for our democratic communist media
eventually it is better to just join them than try and fight it
smashballs on baby!

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i agree (with khaly) which is sad... there so much they can do now and they choose to do so little of it... besides the look anyway

edit: i will never conform.. i will play only old school games if i have too.. i refuse to buy a game that takes no thought or is incredibly short... not including brawl

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
It would be possible to no longer buy new games. Regardless there will still be ones that I just need to try
I refused to buy games on the virtual console because my old systems are still fully functional. But me not buying wii points cards hasn't stopped them from making millions

Basically what I was saying is it would be better to be the guy working for nintendo, gamestop, gamespot, etc. making money off of the unsuspecting groms buying Shrek 5 the video game : ]

I've beaten SM3 so many times
(w/o whistles)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Super Mario 3 is actually EASIER without whistles because you get the extra lives soooo easily in the first four worlds and by the time you hit the eighth...you have like forty tries. I've used those three whistles so much I dont even know what worlds 3-6 look like anymore.

By the way-Dazwa for top tier.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I love SMB 3..

First few times through it, I didn't even know about the whistles. I did have lots of extra lives though.

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
That was an interesting read. Though, some of their responses made me confused as to what exactly they are trying to get out of joining or participating in the competitive smash community.

Particularly this response:

Respondent 1 said:
Brawling isn't about using only those moves that guarantee a win. Or choosing (or refusing to play on) stages where you have the advantage. It's a shame so many people shut out the majority of the elements of Brawl because they no longer have a clear understanding, ability, or patience for anything other than straightforward levels. It's not a game that you should seek our perfect combinations. Restricting your opponent from playing or giving a chance for attack is pointless and hardly shows any skill past button memorizations. It's not Brawling anymore.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
chris, did you see that one the chick took a **** and did a weird angle pose but didnt flush and the **** was in the pic

lolol

stay away from bathroom poses

trademark0013

Smash Champion
It's so good.

Bazaars are like $70 each, though.
$200 most places. if u can find it for $70, link me and i will heart u more than i already do
Why does everybody insist on dumbing down their ****ing games?!

Jesus.
its the trend. brawl, guitar hero 4, etc

Cort: i read that quote as "blah blah i suck at this game blah blah"

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
That was an interesting read. Though, some of their responses made me confused as to what exactly they are trying to get out of joining or participating in the competitive smash community.

Particularly this response:
yah i didn't get all the responses either, but i did learn a lot and it was an interesting read thanks jam

Top Bottom