• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Papito

Smash Journeyman
i like her recovery

if you guys didn't know yet, you know how you can't immediately ledge hop like in melee (down+jump)?

tether recoveries can ledge hop as soon as they touch the ledge (retaining more invincibility frames in the process), and while recoveries (I'm looking at you, ivysaur) take forever to go from tether to ledge, sheik's retracts almost instantly.

instant tether + instant ledgehop = awesome

too bad she sucks

wow man you broke this game down to a science lol good ****!

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
in luv <3http://www.myspace.com/lightsnoise<3 teehee

Too lazy to go to school tomorrow. :"|

Hey... Mewtwo does NOT suck. :"{
That sucks I got school too :/ uhhm Lightsboise Rocks never heard these guys but I like there song "Last thing on your mind." And as for now I must adjourn good night smash boards see you peoples tomorow.

^_______________________________^

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Here's some very interesting information about the song "Ai no Uta" from the Distant Planet stage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ai_no_Uta_(Strawberry_Flower_song)

And here are the translated lyrics:

"Uprooted, we'll follow you alone. / Today once again we'll carry, fight, multiply and be eaten. / Dug up, we'll meet again and be thrown around. / But we'll follow you forever.

I guess it's time to play. / Maybe we'll go out quietly. / Ah... ah... falling in love... / Under that sky...

On this planet, where so mnay lifeforms live, / Today once again we'll carry, fight, multiply and then be eaten. / Uprooted, we'll gather, and be thrown. / But we won't ask you to love us.

I guess it's time to play. / Maybe we'll try harder. / Ah, ah... falling in love... / Under that sky...

We'll work together, fight, and be eaten, / But we'll follow you forever. / We'll fight, be silent, and follow you, / But we won't ask you to love us."
Those lyrics are so sad.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
one of two things

-the true meaning is lost through translation, because there isnt a way to emulate the same feelings within another language. one needs the original to truly understand.

-the singer is a japanese crackhead on some get rich quick shiet.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ive actually seen him play mew2.

GG's PoF. Sry I CG in friendlies and whenever. @ least it wasnt the full sheild cancel CG where I can grab u twice as much b4 u go off the edge. @ least its not wobbling. I like ur metaknight XD.

bed time son.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Guys, I ****ing love Dedede now. Consider him my official main from now on.
Might I ask why you have decided to go from Capt Falcon and Peach to him? If you say his chain throws....then....well....thats funny.

Everyone enjoys DDD primarily for that reason. I'm sure a good half of the people who main DDD would not use him if he could not chain throw.

Dedede...errr

Edit-

Swiftbass-Thank You kind sir. I cant fight Dedede on wifi usually....i have to space against him and its hard to do that with characters other than my Meta.

Papito-Still have my cell? If you want, Im sure you could come by tomorrow night for a little while or some ****. I dont get back till like ****ing 10:30 though....

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
ACCENT CORE PLUS HAS JUSTICE AND KLIFF IN IT!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!

>.<

I hope to God Justice is playable this go around. It was a crying shame that such an awesome character was banned hardcore from tourneys (and for **** good reason).

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
WHAT THE FU--

HORSE****.

Oh, well. I've been hearing distant rumblings from a friend of mine that lurks around Dustloop that they were going to be slapped with a ban. Perhaps I need to start lurking at the site again so I can keep myself informed.

Egoist, I wanna MM you in GG one day.

Smooth Criminal

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Might I ask why you have decided to go from Capt Falcon and Peach to him? If you say his chain throws....then....well....thats funny.

Everyone enjoys DDD primarily for that reason. I'm sure a good half of the people who main DDD would not use him if he could not chain throw.

Dedede...errr
Captain Falcon and Peach were never my mains, just people I was playing well with at the time. Sure I was good with them, but I never really enjoyed them. That's why I switched around with characters so much, mainly Peach, Ike, Samus, Pikachu and Yoshi. I never really had a main because the fun factor wasn't there.

Dedede is the first character in this game that I really have fun with. Look, I like characters that specialize in throws and use hammers. If you recall, I was an IC main in Melee. I like chain grabs, I like powerful smashes, I like good tilts. Dedede is a great character, and he fits my play style and I have fun with him. That's the character for me.

Besides, why the hell wouldn't I pick a character that has a great tactic? Does it prove more to lose with a bad character than to win with a good one? If all those people who chose Dedede just for his throw are winning, more power to them. We are not here to prove points or change tier lists or get "respect". We are here to win, and you do what it takes to make it to that goal. Using exploits, glitches, tactics, cheapness or whatever you want to call it helps you towards that goal, so you use them. If you want to "prove" something other than you're the best, go right ahead. Have fun losing.

Lastly, who are you to lecture to anyone about characters or tactics? You're self-proclaimed mains are Metaknight and Snake. It amazes me how you carry this attitude that you're above "cheapess" and say things like "I want to out-think my opponent, not out-tilt them", when you're mains are Metaknight (who's advantages over every character are so numerous as to push him towards being broken) and Snake (the very character you disparaged). You talk out of your mouth and your *** so often that it's no wonder you say so many ridiculous things because even you can't understand the trash you spew.

PoF, I'm your friend, and I have been since we met.You're a really cool guy in person. But something obviously gets lost in translation between your mind and the keyboard. Please, for everyone's sake, just take one minute between the time you think to post and when you actually do. That time spent reflecting on what you're about to say will do wonders to improve the persona you give off on the boards.

Modest_Egoist

Smash Journeyman
CT's worst Peach. Float Cancelling... what's that?
WHAT THE FU--

HORSE****.

Oh, well. I've been hearing distant rumblings from a friend of mine that lurks around Dustloop that they were going to be slapped with a ban. Perhaps I need to start lurking at the site again so I can keep myself informed.

Egoist, I wanna MM you in GG one day.

Smooth Criminal
They only added Justice and Kliff for the story. I believe they even said thosetwo got buffs, and their forcebreaks were ridiculous.

Also, if I'm ever in GA or you come up here, we can do a MM.

Top Bottom