• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
OMG GUYS!
"You know that thing thats like...that thing...and like...oh man I forget."
"Dude. Stephen, you're high."
"What! No I'm not!"
"Then go to bed."
"I can't though!"
"Because you're high?"
"NO! Because I'm all jittery and stuff."
"From the brownie?"
"Probably."
"Then you're high."
"OMG Guys no I'm not."

>.> Thats basically the conversation as it happened before we went to bed.
-DD
mind your own mother ****ing business.

_V_

Smash Ace
Haha sorry about that, I don't really try hard on wifi... that and sometimes it was just lagging a lot so I didn't know what was going on and kept doing the same thing over and over lol. *mindgames*

Good **** though, you ***** me :( haha

I need some Cort training before I leave CT, so I can **** the West Coast!

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
I have 16 more brownies, all packaged up. They might not be oven fresh, but they're just as good. =]
as proven by the jam brownie of 08

shay laren is so hot.
this is true

i wonder when the next time I'll see CT
what you doing this weekend? ;D

k im on my way

whos housin me
*raises hand*

if anything, it should have helped you go to bed >_>
yeah >.<

Being high makes you all tired?
you must be smoking really good stuff. AZ's normally puts people to sleep.

speaking of AZ's, goodnight ct thread

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
Theres about one week until My N.F.B Tourney, We have a few problems, WE NEED TV's and Wii Setups, anyone coming to this tourney Please PM me or IM me [ssbmfoxuser being my AIM] anyone who can bring either please contact me.

if for some odd reason you cant IM me or anything just post on my tourney thread.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165651
This is pretty urgent sp please contact me.

noodles

Smash Champion
ROB is really good
ROB is really boring
agreed mostly the good part since im not a campy *******. but the great gonzales or whatever showed me to be good at this game u have to camp. he out camped me with ike >_<

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Wow I missed so much. Too much posting! haha. Has anyone seen that ridiculous mario hack vid? Gotta find it...it's priceless.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
My wife finally figured out why playing Brawl makes you better at Melee. She said that since Brawl is just the basics, by playing Brawl you practice the basics and get them really sharp, and that helps in Melee.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant deduction.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
My wife finally figured out why playing Brawl makes you better at Melee. She said that since Brawl is just the basics, by playing Brawl you practice the basics and get them really sharp, and that helps in Melee.

That makes sense to me but either way I definately agree that after playing Brawl and going to melee you get better at certain aspects of it. I do at spiking in particular.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

I'd say thats true.
Although the timing is different, in a Mewtwo ditto with Alex last night, I powershielded his shadow ball, right into a roll, and then it killed him and it was awesome!

>.> Also, I'm more comfortable at using the CStick in the air, I know when to use which dodge, and I roll less.

Yay!

Also, on the USB Gecko/Melee 2.0 front, we've discovered the gravity modifiers, now we're looking into the global one, if there is one.

We've also determined a good 190 lines of code that at least one of which has to do with Tripping, which we've managed to disable.

-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I find it funny how some people are getting desperate to lose tripping and increase the gravity just so the game reminds them of Melee.

You guys need to just drop it and get over it, Brawl is not melee...nor will it ever be regardless of what you do.

Melee is better but stop crying already.

We've also determined a good 190 lines of code that at least one of which has to do with Tripping, which we've managed to disable.
Ok, maybe this is another RANDOM factor that has been inserted into the game but if you're a good enough player a little tripping should not affect you that much. The most you lose on a trip is AT MOST probably 15%. That is not a lot....good players will/can work around that. Before you know it people will try to alter the game to stop Diddy from throwing Bananas.

There are those of you who dont like it and thats fine I dont expect everyone on here to like Brawl but I am sick and tired of people complaining about the game. Its just a videogame, not a big deal.....

Papito

Smash Journeyman

yea i always said brawl was about the fundamentals

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I wouldn't mind if we played a non-tripping version of brawl, everything else on that Melee 2.0 thread was sad.

I disagree about Brawl making me better in Melee. I went back to Melee for the first time since Brawl was released last saturday, and I got 3 stocked by Skler twice. The entire game felt foreign.

EDIT: Well, obviously it's going to vary from person to person, and I'm an exception, I guess.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Dazwa-Thats because you know the basics quite well haha haha You have a great Shiek.

I go back and forth between n64, brawl, and melee and they all basically feel the same to me.

Weird, right?

I still think N64 is the best smash brothers game because of the memories i have playing it EVERYDAY with my friends for like 4 months. My friend used to be NOBODY but Link haha. Wed always try to beat eachothers records in board the platforms and target test. That game is the ****.

By the way, goodnight.

-Poffy

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Rofl, I remember back in the days (like within the year of it coming out) when I thought I was king of smash 64

turns out I was just a roll spammer :laugh:

Papito

Smash Journeyman
i always thought i was mad good until i found out what youtube was and looked up combo vids. i was like yea... was i wrong. then after that the freakin game became an addiction. : ]

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
yeah, seeing the level the game could be played on made me love the game even more than I already did, and I was already pretty addicted to it

smash is too goot

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I find it funny how some people are getting desperate to lose tripping and increase the gravity just so the game reminds them of Melee.

You guys need to just drop it and get over it, Brawl is not melee...nor will it ever be regardless of what you do.

Melee is better but stop crying already.

Ok, maybe this is another RANDOM factor that has been inserted into the game but if you're a good enough player a little tripping should not affect you that much. The most you lose on a trip is AT MOST probably 15%. That is not a lot....good players will/can work around that. Before you know it people will try to alter the game to stop Diddy from throwing Bananas.

There are those of you who dont like it and thats fine I dont expect everyone on here to like Brawl but I am sick and tired of people complaining about the game. Its just a videogame, not a big deal.....
-.-...
>.> It won't be melee. But its not even close.
You have no concept of what the project even aims to explore.
I'm in this project to develop something I wouldn't mind giving $10 to Cort for being good at, because it could be entertaining to watch.
All Brawl needs is some more speed and a little hitstun. Then we'll get combos at a basic state. Thats more than enough.
Diddy causes slipping, not tripping. One is defined by an action, one is defined by a single boolean statement. We would have no right to remove that, nor is it possible without causing the disc to crash.

No one is crying. No one is complaining. This is just constructive criticism in action. Brawl's metagame isn't going anywhere, even with the many thousands who actively participate in it. All I know is that when someone asks to play me on wifi, I just select random and zone out, which I don't enjoy, but can't help doing. This project is for the sake of hope. Hope for something to lengthen Brawl's true competitive life span.

@SSB64 Discussion: I went 33 straight wins @ my school on N64 day last year, 14 of which were 2 v. Me with Kirby. <3ZCancels and falling rock attack!
-DD
-DD

Top Bottom