• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I think it's a brilliant deduction.
yeah, tell her high five, that's a great idea. even tho brawl made me able to waveshine LOL, i agree completely =P

Also, on the USB Gecko/Melee 2.0 front, we've discovered the gravity modifiers, now we're looking into the global one, if there is one.
didn't know you were on the "front"

I disagree about Brawl making me better in Melee. I went back to Melee for the first time since Brawl was released last saturday, and I got 3 stocked by Skler twice. The entire game felt foreign.
did you put in the carrot variable? that doesn't carry over

I was horrible at Smash 64. I didn't even know about Z-canceling until last year.
it makes the game silly =D

**** why don't they let you link from 4chan?
right click, save as. www.imageshack.us , upload, post the direct link in here. that way when the picture gets removed, you still have it, it still shows up.

**** i wish i had a blunt.
*is looking at my blunt*, reow?

and stranded in stafford springs
por que? watch out for mask wearing weirdos

good morning ct thread

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
This seems like an old topic but I definately thought I was really nasty at smash64 and I only played Link haha. Spam up b. Actually come to think of it I thought I was nasty at Melee for awhile too until someone I knew decided to search smashbros in youtube haha.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> Oh, yea, I'm working on the project.
<.< Once we have some success with it, I'll throw it onto my application.

=_= Of course, that assumes we have viable progress by Mid October for me to show in my application.
>.> I'll still have a few platformer games and a client for my MMO that they can use, so I suppose it'll be alright coupled with my SAT and Transcripts...
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
i say u should go for it. so your only trying to remove tripping and add hitstun rite?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
More or less.
We're also trying to uproot some of the cool SSE Stages, like the one where you fight Petey one, and Taboo's stage.
We've already done some GigaBowser Dittos for the lulz(Not on wifi though, because it won't work on Wifi).

Also, Warioman has his own entrance animation! He flies onto the stage :3.

:3 There are a bunch of other neato modifiers too..but they won't be on the patch. ^_^.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
add z cancelling and make the hit stun infinite and it would be the greatest game ever
Well, we're looking into the possibility of Lcancels...which COULD be turned into ZCancels...
@_@ However, I don't think its really all that possible...
=D Infinite Hitstun is! Woo! MK's 0->999->Death Combos!
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I think that it would be pretty much completely pointless to try to remove both tripping and insert a longer hitstun UNLESS you can somehow speed the game up like Melee. Maybe then it would be interesting.....but wait, when that happens you'll be upset...."Now we need L Cancelling guys!!!" If the games engine is faster than its not exactly a quick 1, 2, 3 kill. If it was slow it would be a remake of Smash 64. Yes, Smash 64 is faster but due to no DI...it balances out. 0-deathing someone would be easy as pie....especially with people like DK, Marth, and Meta Knight. Seriously, Imagine Hit Stun with Snake for a second. F tilt to Dash Cancel anyone for a good 20-30%? How are you NOT trying to make the game like Melee? Thats exactly what you are doing dude....you are trying to insert that "perfect" competitive play by removing tripping and adding more hit stun so you can relive your Melee glory days.

So what if the game is so called "dry" and is not the best Smash Brothers like we all had hoped but honestly, who cares? It's just a game and some of you really care toooooo much about a forty dollar video game.

Cort

Apple Head
removing tripping would be the only thing that would be good. if you were running a national tournament and tripping decided who took first vs who took second, there would be some pretty angry people and a lot of people that would (lol listen to this) not take Brawl seriously at all

changing or modifying the physics would just be silly IMO

ZoSo

Smash Champion
The obvious solution is to play Melee.

But yeah, tripping is the only thing that really NEEDS to go, in my opinion.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Yes Cort I agree, but honestly...tripping only probably MAYBE lets you lose....10%?

A good 90% of the time it does not happen at the end of a match. Seriously, thats happened to me once that I can remember out of a good 2,000 matches probably.

The obvious solution is to play Melee.

DD-If you are going to recode Brawl the only thing that would make this cool is if Marth had more range, thats it. I think what you are doing is interesting and definitely food for thought, but an utter waste of time when you could just be playing the game.

Cort

Apple Head
okay so you're agreeing with me in that I said it could happen

and tripping could definitely decide the outcome of a match

so... what was your point again?

noodles

Smash Champion
tripping definatly happens less than 10% of the time

edit/ ppl wantings to play wifi i set up my router and ill play around 4-ish

Cort

Apple Head
yeah, but you're basically bound to losing a match to it eventually

and my point is if it happens in the finals of a national tournament

it'd just show how big of a joke Brawl is

noodles

Smash Champion
yup id be pissed with hundreds of doolers on the line, trip and get fsmashed to hell

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>.> Tripping either happens a lot or a little.
Its just a true/False value that is set when a dash animation starts.
There is nothing that determines it in game, it is completely and utterly random.
So, in theory, it can happen to someone everytime they dash.

Man, It'd suck to be that guy.

And Poffy, wtf? You tell me I'm doing this to relive my melee glory days? What glory days? Dropping out in Round 1 at IXEsticle? Wow! And it turns out that the only thing I can do that would get approval from you is to make Marth, your Melee main, better that he already is in Brawl? e_e Wow...

>.> Besides, why would I play a game I find kinda boring when I could be looking at the code which makes me absolutely giddy?!
-DD

Top Bottom