• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Pretty much. He has the worst recovery in the game in terms of range. I still like him because a lot of his attacks are overpowered and hes more of a horizontal player.

Fox=Vertical fighter
Falco=Horizontal with worse recovery.

I've always been a fan of horiozontal KO's and quick spikes as opposed to a more vertical game.

and thats why I main both Falco and Marth. There horizontal ground game is fantastic. and they both have great fairs, nairs, and dairs and thats what i primarily use in the air. Falco has a good bair..but I am not too found of Marths bair...I would rather spam Fair :)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
i played like 7 wifi matchs today
theyre so ****ing gay
i kill myself so often
i hate wifi to ridiculous extents

but games w/ you were fun jam
i cant bear to play that **** ever though XD
game battles pissed me off, people just spam projectiles and i cant react w/ the god ****ing lag

_V_

Smash Ace
Yeah...this was like the 3rd time I played Brawl ever lol

but I just learned to not care. I don't think lag-filled wifi matches mean anything. Just treat them as fun...dealing with people that camp and spam is annoying, like you said, but don't worry too much.

Sorry I missed your IM by the way :(

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
all good steve, but losing ranked matchs on game battles pisses me off, specially when it consists of a wolf jumping off the ledge and lazering, and repeating, and half the time when i try to punish him on wifi i just kill myself cus i cant get used to the delay *sigh*
wifi is so incredibly terrible
but its fun for friendlies

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Playing online with lag improves your game whether you realize it, or not. If you are used to such a slow crummy performance....playing on a full speed game will make you THAT much better. It is like playing on a level you hate to play on, it's all about knowing how to adjust.

I find that I do very well online as well as in person. At first I was not big on wifi and thought it was horrible...but after you get used to it and learn to deal with it...it will make you an overall better player in my opinion.

An example could be-

playing on wifi---wait...didnt i just hit SHIELD!!! (rage!)

In person-nice! I can actually shield! thus making you happier, doing the things you want to perform and more eager to finish your foe off. The game goes your way EVERY TIME it seems haha

_V_

Smash Ace
No one is denying that...just saying it is frustrating, so personally, I do not try that hard...oh wait I do that in person too (unless it is against Mike Brookman <3)

_V_

Smash Ace
Yes sir!!! Right now I am in Stafford Springs at my friend Steph's apartment for the weekend.

I am usually staying with my Dad in Canton though :) until June 3rd

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
alright steve we need to hang out while your in canton
patric sun needs to join us too cus hes close as well. i get my work schedule tomorrow
so we can figure something out for next week , maybe?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Jake- Yes, wi-fi is terrible. That's actually how I started playing Falcon. I said to myself, "I don't care if I win or lose, so I might as well have fun."

FALCON PUNCH!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
everyone should quote that gif I posted in every post in the CT thread from now on

This must at least be on every page from here on.

Marth is the best character. I don't care if m2k thinks it's Sheik. It's Marth and it's always been Marth. He absolutely ***** the entire cast. The only characters who give him real trouble are Sheik and Falcon. You can combo Sheik decently, and Falcon is ****ed once you get him off the edge. There's a reason m2k mains Marth, and that no one can beat it most of the time.

Top Bottom