• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay, I'm finally over my writer's block. Here's my mediocre intro paragraph:

There have been forty-three different men who have occupied the office of the President of the United States. The powers and responsibilities that are associated with the presidency have their foundation in the Constitution, but each president has interpreted those powers in their own way, based on their own personal characteristics, life stories and ideas about governance. With those traits, each of those forty-three men have helped to shape the presidency into what it is today, but some have left a more successful legacy than others. Comparisons between presidents are inevitable, and they help us to understand both where the presidency has been, and where it is going in the future. The evolution of the presidency can be traced by comparing the administrations of Abraham Lincoln, William Taft and George W. Bush. All three men represented the Republican party, but each took drastically different approaches as the chief executive. Some of these differences can be explained as the result of external circumstance, but there is also a personal and political philosophies that led each to execute the office as they did. As we consider their successes and failures, we will come to see how the individual styles of each man had as much influence on the presidency as the Constitution.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Only who can prevent forest fires?

*presses "You" button*

You chose "You", referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is you.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I'm finally over my writer's block. Here's my mediocre intro paragraph:
it's amazing, please post it when you're done, as i'd love to see your political views and such =D

edit:

Only who can prevent forest fires?

*presses "You" button*

You chose "You", referring to me. That is incorrect. The correct answer is you.
ROFL SIMPSONS ARE THREE GOOD

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
Laijin and KevinM should get new avatars.

Discuss.

(Dear Awex- I drive yey. Actually I might ask you to pick up Stephen and I.)
well, it depends if they actually really like bleach, and stuff. but if they're only doing it cause it's your avatar, just be flattered that you're awesome enough to copy, and such. any other reasons obv would need other logics, that can figured at a later time, and stuff.

i'd have to drive you guys home at like 10:15, 10:30 am. aka, don't you dare come over tired >.<

edit:

goodnight ct thread

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:p I should already have a ride system worked out.
And who is this "joe"?

:3 Also, Tom, I think the most recent Slims are running like, 3.5 exactly. Maybe 3.0.

Khaly, do you remember what yours was when you started?

Either way, your best bet is to do what Poffy said and stop by a gamestop and check a used one.
:3 Or, fedex me a battery and a 256mb Mem Stick Pro Duo and I'll take care of the rest.

-DD

Khaly

Smash Cadet
I think my slim came with firmware 2.7 or something like that >_>. I totally dont remember.

As long as Stephen doesnt turn off your alarm clock, I wont have a problem waking up XD.

Cort

Apple Head
Counter might work once or twice tops.

Ike get's royally destroyed by Snake IMO. His jab combo comes out slower than Snake's, and does not successfully put Snake out of range of shielding/ftilting Ike after.

Ike is also really easily gimpable off the ledge via just running into his over b, double bairing him into an edge hog, etc. Ike can't approach at all without hitting Snake's shield, even with the most spaced fairs can be punished.

Cort

Apple Head
also some more info I forgot about, SamuraiPanda posted how 'bad' Snake's recovery is and how it can be gimped via grabbing it near the ledge, but obviously any competent person will recover away from the ledge and either air dodge or c4 recover to get a better angle.

Snake's recovery is one of the best if you know how to use it effectively. It has some interesting super armor... which honestly I don't understand sometimes.

It's based on your initial momentum before you up b, so if you are falling and up b, you will dip down before you start going up slowly, however if you double jump and up b instantly you will shoot up and gain a lot more height and not dip down.

I forgot about talking about Snake's fsmash, which is EXTREMELY GOOD >_<

It's the third most powerful fsmash, killing Marth from the center of FD fully charged/no DI at 23% (Ike's kills at 20 and DDD's kills at 17, thanks M2K =P). The initial start up takes a while, but while you charge and let go it comes out nearly instantly. The hitbox also reaches around the back of Snake's legs as well as far below the explosion as well (you can do it on a platform and it'll hit below him by a good distance)

If you're good at predicting your opponents rolls/habits from the ledge/time it randomly as you think your opponent is going to approach, it's extremely useful as it'll kill basically any non-heavy weight character below 60-70%. Also if you're caught doing it and your opponent shields, you can simply just charge it because your opponent will usually not dare try and punish you or grab you, and I've gotten some awesome shield breaks (it completely decimates shields and pushes them back far). Then as their shield is broken they just eat another fully charged fsmash (or sticky them into utilt explosionnnn oh god I love this combo)

trademark0013

Smash Champion
ok, before playing guilty gear/mike sells his we, me and mike have been playing brawl for a whil. snake is god
all new england or at least ct main snake now
rofl ppl these days snake does sound pretty beastly but seriously now... What ever happened to maining the person you liked?? not the person who owns the most.
Ewww im with moon doggie even tho i play oli and he happens to be good im all about playing who you like and not who is best. LOVE you main! lol oh yea and i like brawl...its better IMO
I have a 4-6 page paper due tomorrow, and I have a powerful case of writer's block.
to things that might help you:

1. the origins of the republican party/original republican party is drastically different from what we have today

2. each president's term can be classified as how theyve dealt with situations presented to them while they were in office rather than their personality traits/vendettas.

idk the topic but maybe one of those points will help u

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
May 17th...
I wonder if thats when the graduation at my school is...
>.> If it is, my attendance might be iffy, because I sorta need to get some community service hours there so I can stay in NHS...

<.< On the other hand, its fricken Breasticle II/XIESTICLE.

EDIT:
Nah, I think Graduation is a week earlier.
v.v Too bad I'm a junior.
D: I plan on making it up to a Mass Madness or two over the summer...
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Shoot, I forgot to check if I work the 17th. Whatever the date is, I'm going to try to be there.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
ive gotten pretty good at doing that dash up-smash with snake, and watching cort use him made me get a lil smarter with him. he probably is the best guy. all of his moves are brutal, but he can be beat if your character has decent ko moves, and you got a good strategy (cough camp him out cough) but if your against snake in a small stage chances of winning are like 2% lol.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Nus, the flash card comes with a few of those connector thingies. the microSD cards you get should come with some too, i think '-';

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
*Tries to find LandMasterFailure.gif but fails*
=( Failing at failing...
So did I succeed?!?!
-DD

Top Bottom