• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SEXY

Smash Cadet
Alex Liessssssss... i draw nice penguins and Pencils and Pen-island.

but just incase u doubt me umm ill behave :-3 ill just fiddle with my rubix cube the whole ride. :-3

anyone still? :-3

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
Dear world.

Hey. Y'all managed to escape the devil page pretty fast lol.
So today I managed to go to the mall 3 times, and within that time I managed to steal a book (No Country for Old Men :3 ), a buncha paint markers (from A.C. Moore down the street, and I bought giant paper.
Yes.

Love,
Stephen.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
stephen forgot to mention that i probably used up a quarter of my tank of gas in our epic adventures.

*scowls the earth for gas money*

Lock

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I hope you're all enjoying Brawl so far.

_milktea and POF have both mentioned this a little bit earlier, I think, but I was hoping some of us here might be interested in a Brawl tournament taking place at Storrs/UConn on Friday. It does take place on the same day as Jam Stunna's smashfest, but interestingly, Jam's event (according to the topic) ends at 7PM, and the first round of this UConn tournament doesn't start until 9PM. Because UConn is only a short drive away from Hartford, the idea occured to me that maybe those of you who are attending Jam's smashfest, who still want to brawl afterwards, could easily go straight from The Player's Brawl to UConn's tournament for additional practice and play before XESTICLE.

Because of the 9PM start, the tournament is expected to be very strict on time - but I've been working with the director and other organizers over the past weeks and I think the rules, turnout, and overall handling will be comparable to many other tournaments. The prizes are set to a Nintendo DS w/ Mario Kart (1st), $50 to Gamestop (2nd), and 2000 Wii Points (3rd), but there won't be any entry fee, making things worthwhile enough, maybe.

Unfortunately because of time constraints, only rounds past Round 1 will be double elimination, with losers in the first round being completely knocked out - but I've convinced them to seed entrants by groups of friends, which will prevent any of us from being eliminated by each other during the preliminaries. However, they are willing to make the entire tournament double elimination if they can obtain enough setups - currently they're struggling to find more Wii's and TVs at around nine each thus far. I noticed some people were bringing TVs and Wii's anyways to Jam's smashfest, so if the plan I outlined above sounded interesting to them, the equipment would help a lot.

The FaceBook event group is here, for specific details. If anyone does decide to attend, it's very important that you e-mail UCONNVGO@Gmail.com with your name/username to register, as they are considering a player cap due again to time constraints.

What d'you all think?

Cort

Apple Head
I was planning on attending Jam's and going straight to UConn after to visit a friend/participate in the tournament.

I have room in my car for 1 more person, who wants to go? They have to sort of be on the way though.

noodles

Smash Champion
at latest around wat time will the uconn tourny end? if i go ill bring a wii/brawl setup

Top Bottom