• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
LOL, I had 1 class today and in that short time of going to class I saw a bunch of kids I knew! Most of which you kids won't care about but I saw MallSanta and Devlo! Then this one kid went up to me and was like, "Hey! You're bombsoldier aren't you? Remember I played a match with you at Manchester." I was like LOL. Then shortly after, someone slapped me and hugged me within a 2 second time frame which must've looked really weird... But then I got a free meal off her lunch plan at ccsu, haha. ^_^

I missed the first 30 mins of class and it ended 30 mins early so I was there for like 15 mins... But I still went, I had planned to skip the first week to get my schedule perfected before actually attending class so even though I missed most of it, going is what counted! Then I got a slurpy, the day is going pretty well.

Edit: Spawn, if I am living on campus, it'll be probably in one of the normal sized dorms meaning just 1 other person though if Rep doesn't want to, you MIGHT be able to be next on my list. I might also get a small house and share with kids, idea stolen from Ray. He said him and 3 others guys are sharing a place for only $250/person a month so that sounds pretty sweet. Dorms cost too much based on how long you are actually staying and how crappy they are, not to mention you are froced to buy a food plan; so I am really going to try to find a nearby apartment/etc.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Small house sounds ****ing amazing. I thought normal Dorms held like 3-4 people. :o

I'm not too sure if I'm going to go to the tourny Saturday. When I asked my mom less than a month ago, she said yes. Now she is saying no and she said she'll talk with me when she gets back home. My dad is going to be in Phoenix, AZ and I have the gps.

So, if this does work out... Cort, Brookman, and Aiser wanna stay at my place Friday night so I don't have to pick you up Saturday morning. Maybe someone else's? As long as it's not Cort's place. Too many scary stories about teh madre. /shivers

Swift: It's a maybe now :(

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
****, just had to read like 15 pages of posts to catch up, lolz.

I'm glad you guys put me on the PR list even though I've only been to 2 tournaments and that's about it. I'm happy with my position too considering I haven't been able to play with you guys all that much.

I completely understand those who think I shouldn't be on the list, and I'd be fine with it if I was taken off for now. It's true that right now I live in Massachusetts (though my permanent address and home is in CT), so I guess it makes sense either way, whichever you guys prefer.

However, if I do go to all/most of the CT events (which hopefully I'll be able to do) then I'd like to be able to stay on the list or be put back on it if you take me off. I don't really plan on doing anything with MA power rankings or anything since after this school year I'll be graduating and coming back to CT for good. I do plan on going to tournaments in the area up here to help improve my skills, however.

I know I have a habit of making long posts, so in summary - you can take me off the list now if you want, but if I do participate a lot in the future then I'd like to still be considered.

I should be going to the meetup on Thursday and also to Mass Madness on Saturday, so hopefully I'll see some of you soon.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Nus is most likely the most interesting smasher in CT.
He's exorbitantly good, yet lacks confidence in his skills.

...besides, hes Asian!! xP

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
finally on the inactive list, was wondering how long it would take :)

im pretty much done til brawl. but of course, ill attend esticles if im not busy.

and meetups once in awhile, aka this thurs if people tell me whats going down.

Edit: dont yell at me for not playing. because i live in the middle of ****ing nowhere. it sucks.

Cort

Apple Head
I start tomorrow.

I guess me/Brookman are going to the meetup Thursday and going home with Dave? I'm not sure what's going on.

Pipe

Smash Cadet
I'm a junior.
they're paying me moderately.

V if you're going on Saturday let me know ASAP, it makes it 100 times more likely I'll go.

strikers code: 433898 620641

but I'm hardly ever online so if you want to play let me know in advance.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I'm going thursday f'sho...f'sho...goin there f'sho <3superbad

Also, it's my belief that the only matches that matter now are Marth dittos, in which case I should be ranked #1 in CT...debatably.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
my laundry won't be done until 1:30 o.0
then i have to shower
i'll be in bed at 2,
sleep at 3?
and class at ****hell in the morning.
boooooo@sophmores taking up all the washing machines with like 5 articles of clothing at a time!

edit: someone left their panties near my pants. :O

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I'm 90% sure I'm going Thursday. Might bring some people with me too, who knows.

For those who just started college this year, don't buy books from your school's bookstore (unless you can get them used). Just buy them used from amazon.com, amazon marketplace, www.booksoncampus.com, www.textbooksrus.com, etc. Look for "international editions" and stuff like that (unless the professor requires a certain type/bundle). Also, once you get to know people in your classes, just share books with them and split costs (unless you need a book for the exams).

K, enough of my crazy old college senior "wisdom". Time to do homework due tomorrow that I've postponed for a week. There's some wisdom for ya.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
^^ (edit: two posts up) i have amazon prime.
it's badassssss
though i don't bother using it when classes make me read actual books. i just buy those from the bookstore. in one class we have to read 10 books this semester though :\

Khaly

Smash Cadet
I didn't care anymore. Shruggles, but yeah I am tired of being overrated. Haha.

Fun weekend.

Rep is SO good, once he starts participating again, he will be high on that list. Kids a beast. Sunday was probably the best day ever, we had hugged and snuggled and I had my shirt off and stuff. He asked me out too since he broke up with his girlfriend because his girlfriend was upset that he screams like a girl. Haha, though it was all a joke. What a tease. T_T
Double posting 4 milktea.

Top Bottom