• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Welp, I moved out of my place this weekend. I don't know where else to put this, so... Thanks to all the New England Smash people I've met since I started coming to tournaments. I discovered competitive melee at a slightly later age than most and quite honestly was never really good at it. But I was never made to feel bad or different. I dunno - leaving the east coast has me feeling sentimental. Hopefully I'll get to see everybody again.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So which if you cuties am I gonna see at Apex? I haven't been to a Smash event in... a year or more?
:D Me probably! I'm trying to sort things out with whats going on over my break from school, so I still haven't registered yet.

>_< Trying to get a job...

And nice to hear you'll be in LA Cog. I'll probably be out there for interviews eventually. Hopefully this summer or so. :|

Also:
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Hello-Kitty-X-Street-Fighter-Coming-2012-Capcom-Joking-33668.html
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Poffy finally removed me from his facebook...unfortunately it was for insinuating that all female journalists are *****es nearly a month ago, instead of something actually funny.

:[
-DD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
<3 Hai CT Thread Frieeeennnndddsdsssss <3
I'll be in NYC two weeks from now and it'd be dope to chill with anyone of y'all in the area while I'm up there =3
Schedule's tentative but I'll be arriving Friday morning and I should be free all day but I gotta be back in Brooklyn by about 1am. Let me know what's goooood <3
PS - please send a PM or put toasty in the response so I can find it cuz I am teh sux @ smashbroards =D

In other news...

Went to a Project:M fest last night with the closed-alpha version.*

NESS IS BACK, BABY! <3

But for real, it's looking pretty legit so far.

Caveat: the higher tiers from Melee work the same way as before but, for a lot of them, character model/move-animation differences can be a bit off-putting/disorienting so I recommend trying other characters first if you get the chance to play.

*Neko, one of the starters of the whole project, got stationed 10 minutes away from me ^_^

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
<3 Hai CT Thread Frieeeennnndddsdsssss <3
I'll be in NYC two weeks from now and it'd be dope to chill with anyone of y'all in the area while I'm up there =3
Schedule's tentative but I'll be arriving Friday morning and I should be free all day but I gotta be back in Brooklyn by about 1am. Let me know what's goooood <3
PS - please send a PM or put toasty in the response so I can find it cuz I am teh sux @ smashbroards =D

In other news...

Went to a Project:M fest last night with the closed-alpha version.*

NESS IS BACK, BABY! <3

But for real, it's looking pretty legit so far.

Caveat: the higher tiers from Melee work the same way as before but, for a lot of them, character model/move-animation differences can be a bit off-putting/disorienting so I recommend trying other characters first if you get the chance to play.

*Neko, one of the starters of the whole project, got stationed 10 minutes away from me ^_^
:3 Yeah. It's fun.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
bleghhhhhhh
sometimes minimalist is not a good thing

imo
that's fair and I'd be inclined to agree with you if they released another album that sounded exactly the same, but I'm ok with it for the one album.

also, I just finished the Walking Dead Season 1. Is season 2 worth watching? I felt like season 1 was really rough around the edges but I still enjoyed it enough to be curious about where it's going.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I would probably watch episodes 1, 3, and 5-7 of season 2. Or something like that. I know there were a couple of stale episodes in there, and some that were mostly filler but also with some critical plot expositions.

Overall I enjoyed season 2 so far, but probably not as much as season 1, though now I'm very much looking forward to the second half of season 2.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
that's fair and I'd be inclined to agree with you if they released another album that sounded exactly the same, but I'm ok with it for the one album.

also, I just finished the Walking Dead Season 1. Is season 2 worth watching? I felt like season 1 was really rough around the edges but I still enjoyed it enough to be curious about where it's going.
Sounds like I feel like the exact same way about season 1 as you... so yeah, watch season 2. It can still be really rough, and drag like a mofo, but the good episodes are better than anything in season 1. The mid-season finale that just aired a couple weeks ago was borderline incredible.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Sounds like I feel like the exact same way about season 1 as you... so yeah, watch season 2. It can still be really rough, and drag like a mofo, but the good episodes are better than anything in season 1. The mid-season finale that just aired a couple weeks ago was borderline incredible.
I really really liked season 1 ep 1. I thought the use of silence and the choices for camera angles were just brilliant and set a perfect tone for the story. and I still enjoyed the rest of the season, but I just wasn't as turned on by it as I was by ep 1.

I'm 2 eps into season 2 now, I'll let you know how I feel when I hit the mid-season finale.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah I thought the premiere was the best episode of season 1... did a really good job setting everything up and and had a good creepy & emotional tone (specifically with Duane & his wife etc).
Did you read the comic?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I've been meaning to watch season 2 but LoL occupies most of my time lately.

Top Bottom