• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
"One of the things I'm personally most excited about is the return of the Smash series to the Pro Circuit with Brawl. The world's best players will be there, and I can't wait to see the Smash community continue their strong tradition of creating some of the most thrilling events in the league's history"

I want to cry

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
"One of the things I'm personally most excited about is the return of the Smash series to the Pro Circuit with Brawl. The world's best players will be there, and I can't wait to see the Smash community continue their strong tradition of creating some of the most thrilling events in the league's history"

I want to cry
Ah yes, the baby's first instinct.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I can't help it, it's just depressing and you know it :(

Btw Jam, what do you feel are the chances of a GG version being made for the PS3?
I think it's going to happen. Aksys has already expressed interest in making it, if all the legal stuff can be worked out. I have some concerns either way; namely, I really, REALLY hope that a next-gen GG is offline-only.

Also, nice pic. More like MacinTrash.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I think it's going to happen. Aksys has already expressed interest in making it, if all the legal stuff can be worked out. I have some concerns either way; namely, I really, REALLY hope that a next-gen GG is offline-only.

Also, nice pic. More like MacinTrash.
It turns out that my roomate has GG so I've been playing it all weak with a stick I borrowed from a friend. It is shockingly fun, so I really would like a newer version to be made. Why would you want it to be offline only? Cause of lag?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=o I think Nintendo's big thing is that someone else is making money/publicity/making someone feel like they're not on an equal playing field with everyone else using their product.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
It turns out that my roomate has GG so I've been playing it all weak with a stick I borrowed from a friend. It is shockingly fun, so I really would like a newer version to be made. Why would you want it to be offline only? Cause of lag?
I don't mind lag, that's a given for online play.

But Guilty Gear is too fast paced for online to be viable without a significant reduction in gameplay speed, and then it's nt GG anymore. Keep BlazBlue around for people who absolutely must play fighting games online, but leave GG alone.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
people should watch Community

i am such a fan of annie. but not too much of a fan of Allison Brie for some reason. Dunno her personality rubs me the wrong way. It seems kinda phony, but **** she plays a good nerdy/hyperactive/straight edge character. I have yet to see her in madmen yet

the new eps return next week right? Halloween episode FTW still.

While I thought that this show was gonna be the hands down best new comedy, modern family has blocked it's road to victory. Abed is DEF my MVP of community. The funny about it tho is like the cast feeds off itself well I think. The synergy is what makes abed be that stand out funny person to me.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
The only exposure I have of her is Annie. Team Annie 4 lyf. *** britta
I dunno if it was the producers objective to make Brita THE utmost lame character out of the cast, but congrats if they did. She's crappy play on the whole environmentalist/hipster/vegan/liberalist stereotype. I feel like her character is so dead at times, perhaps she doesn't fit the roll as I thought she would. There something about the character that I dun like, its kinda hard to put a finger on it.

abed + troy is win.

Chevy Chase is kinda hit or miss but he is usually good I think.

And I really dunno what to think of Jeff anymore, some eps I think hes awesome, some just meh kinda awesome. Im satisfied with him so far.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Abed + Troy are by far the standouts. Everything they do (not to mention their relationship with each other) is just pure gold.

I did like how a recent episode was actually about Britta being kind of lame and no fun whatsoever. A "fun vampire" or something?
Though I will say that the scene of her getting her azz spanked by Troy's old grandmother was strangely sexy. O_o

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I can't help it, it's just depressing and you know it :(
My comment may have been a little dickbutted but I respectfully disagree, and you probably understand why. I'm the guy who plays Brawl, after all :laugh:

also what is Nintendo so afriad of? I don't care about mlg brawl in the slightest but that's really ********.
Well I mean, if you think about it, they didn't intend for any of the Smash games to become competitive. Since MLG is still talking about it as if it were still a possibility, I can only imagine Nintendo is still giving it some thought as to whether or not it'd be good for their new image. Keep in mind this probably wasn't a problem for Nintendo back when they were a traditional game company, so Melee streams and VoD were fine by them, but since they're now appealing to lots of different markets, they're probably having mixed feelings with the "hardcore" crowd. (This guy does a hell of a lot better job of explaining this than I do: http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/)

MHTri was leaked. Booyah.
-DD
Oh jesus why do I have tournament tomorrow

I too, love Abed.

Cort

Apple Head
best description of The Wire I've read yet:

Though white people have a natural aversion to television, there are some exceptions. For white people to like a TV show it helps if it is: critically acclaimed, low-rated, shown on premium cable, and available as a DVD box set.

The latter is important so that white people can order it from Netflix and tell their friends “they are really into <insert series> and I watched ten episodes in a row in the weekend. I’m almost caught up.”

If you attempt to talk about an episode they have not seen yet, they will scream and cover their ears. In white culture, giving away information about a film or TV series is considered as rude as spitting on your mothers grave. It is an unforgivable offense.

Recent series that have fallen into this category include The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, and most recently The Wire.

For the past three years, whenever you say “The Wire” white people are required to respond by saying “it’s the best show on television.” Try it the next time you see a white person! Though now they might say “it WAS the best show on television.”

So why do they love it so much? It all comes down to authenticity. A long time ago, someone started a rumor that when The Wire is on TV, actual police wires go quiet because all the dealers are watching the show. Though this is not true, it seems plausible enough to white people and has imbued the show with the needed authenticity to be deemed acceptable.

The popularity of this show among white people has create a unique opportunity for personal gain.

If you need to impress a white person, tell them you are from Baltimore. They will immediately ask you about The Wire and how accurate it is. You should confirm that it is “like a documentary of the streets,” the white person will then slowly shake their head and say “man” or “wow.” You will be seen in an entirely new light.

If you are not from Baltimore but the white person you are talking to is, they might start asking you a lot of questions. In this situation, you should just say you left when you were young but you still have a lot of cousins there but you don’t like to go back to visit. This will remove all doubts and they can go back to telling you about how John from Accounting needs to “stop snitching” about their two hour lunch breaks.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
LUELinks. Guy wrote a "Top 20 shows of all time" thingy. The Wire was third, iirc.

EDIT: HATE YOU MOGWAI

Top Bottom