• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
wow **** i didn't realize the price was still going up (during the last time i played, the price didn't jump at all so i just assumed it was static)

i personally would still sell ;) but it's understandable that you want to hold on to your investment now

wow

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Yeah, funny thing is, I quit playing in 2002 after pro tour New York, but I still love farting around with type 1. Any pro can lose to a scrub if you get mana screwed, not like smashing, where luck is not even a factor. I prefer smashing, even though I'm not pro, at least when I lose it's all my fault. Gotta love the skill factor, who wants to smash?

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
channel fireball is ********, and isn't even a combo. Prosperous bloom actually takes a degree of skill and though instead of "I channel 19 life and kill you turn one"

That's why type 1 sucks.

Aesir

Smash Master
channel fireball is ********, and isn't even a combo. Prosperous bloom actually takes a degree of skill and though instead of "I channel 19 life and kill you turn one"

That's why type 1 sucks.
I was playing a type 1 deck and srsly, I totally just gave up, even that **** was boring me. it was like so basically I win right? >_>

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I started playing MTG around '95 I think, but I was only 9ish then and didn't start buying my own cards until a year or 2 later when 5th edition was out. I played for a while and had a nice Replenish deck when Urza's Saga was out, but I had some banned/restricted cards in there like Stroke of Genius. I never bothered playing in tournaments with it though since it was never legal and I never actually completed it to my liking.

Fun times though.

pockyD

Smash Legend

That's why type 1 sucks.
more cards in a combo does not mean more "skill"

pros bloom is very straightforward to play

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
it takes a reasonable amount of skill, the main one being able to decide whether to prosperity or infernal contract lol. But I just mean Channel > Fireball is stupid and boring. >.>

squaminator

Smash Ace
how about an "original" combo, like salvaging station + chimeric coils + disciple of the vault + krark-clan ironworks, or intruder alarm + sliver queen + gemhide sliver.

and i wanna play tomorrow. who wants to come up to naugy?

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Channel was banned for the longest time, so i never used it, instead I'd sac all my artifacts to Atog, yawgmoths will them, sac em again, attack, then fling him lololol, I'd get it off on turn one...a lot, That was my favorite T1 creation of mine. One time I mulliganed to five cards and killed turn one in a tourney, and I was playing first. If anything T1 takes much more skill, with everything being banned or restricted, it's very hard to kill on turn one anymore, it's easy to "go off" and fizz out, there's much more decision making, type 2 tourneys are the same three or four decks people copy off the internet and whoever gets the best draw wins. Drafting takes skill, but there's still too much luck involved, you can draft an amazing deck, but some noob can crack a couple broken rares and draw them every game.

Zoso: Kaerveks Torch>Force of Will

Wait, I'm a Journeyman now, do I get stick, or a compass or anything.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
I'm not saying T1 doesn't take skill. it certainly does. All I'm saying is, I DON'T LIKE THE CONCEPT OF A TURN 1 WIN. that's all. The fact that T1 enables that really turns me away from it.

EDIT: You're certainly exaggerating on the level of lameness in T2 though, otherwise it would be someone different every time winning pro tours. however, that isn't the case, very consistantly there are a few people winning and/or placing high in a lot of tournaments. The people to copy decks and don't do anything just suck flat out, and never do well.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
^^^ even in t1, unless ur both runnin pure combo, u shouldnt lose first turn. not with all the decks that arent designed to win first turn, more lock down/complete control.

lol @ me still running gro-a-tog in t1 :p

Dazwa: I retired from YuGiOh. it was really easy and really boring

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Dorf, as far as pros winning pro tours, it's because you have to be a pro to get into one, that might be why, and every year there's at least a hundred more pros added to the list from PTQs. Even in the pros, you see the same type 2 decks, I played sligh in Boston, so did Dave Price(the so-called "Master of Sligh"), he went 0-2 drop, I went 6-1-1, was I luckier than him? Probably. Was my deck the same? Almost (I tweaked mine better for the meta-game lol), but it's still the same idea. A friend of mine came in 9th at Nationals, and I would beat him every weekend, it's like the world poker tour, anyone can qualify, and anyone can win. Pro status means less each year. Unlike Smash, god I love smash, so much **** skill.

I'm gonna do some more Sacred comboing. Cort, I still can't make it back to the stage! Help!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
why are people who aren't even from CT on our thread arguing? srsly, get a life lololol
lololno

aiser dies

and I agree with trademark. the fate of the universe depends on yugioh debates. In connecticut.

for america.

Top Bottom