• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I was actually pretty fed up with baseball around like 14. I had a jerkass coach in little league and it had ruined the sport for me.

I became a true Phillies fan around 2003 when I went to college. My roommate was a big Phillies fan and he got me into it. It was like right before they started getting the Wrold Champion team together.

Before you jerks have a chance to:

I was actually pretty fed up with baseball around like 14. I had a jerkass coach in little league and it had ruined the sport for me.

I became a true Phillies fan around 2003 when I went to college. My roommate was a big Phillies fan and he got me into it. It was like right before they started getting the World Champion team together.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace

I became a true Phillies fan around 2003 when I went to college. My roommate was a big Phillies fan and he got me into it. It was like right before they started getting the Wrold Champion team together.

Before you jerks have a chance to:

Seriously, F U. I found this about a week ago and was going to post it but I wanted to save it for a REALLY good rant.

Stupid Pakman.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
pft, I pissed Dave off with that one days ago in the tier list discussion thread.
I was a little annoyed but I got a good laugh out of your subsequent explanation.

And yes, Mow has always admitted to having Marth problems and is a hugely impulsive person so the story that that's why he would hold his "Marth is still teh best opinion" is a cool one because he has been a non-existent member of the tournament community for a long time now.
Also, everybody should subscribe to supersf2turbo on Youtube. He uploads tons of high quality (in terms of the gameplay) ST vids from Japan.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
dustin, i'd almost be offended but you look so cute i'll forgive her.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yay for me having a few minutes of time to post in the CT thread.

Not yay for having a ****ing 8am saturday class.....fail.

I just realized that I play all of these fighting games

Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat II
Soul Calibur II
Smash Bros
Smash Bros Melee
Smash Brothers Brawl
Blaz Blue
Tekken 4
Tekken 6

Maybe that's why I'm not dominant at any of them. I play so many friggin fighting games and I'm trying to learn all of them at the same time. lol.

I'm thinking about getting back into Brawl a little bit too. I've finally learned how to fight Meta Knight (A good 40% of the reason why I quit) and Icylight wants to team with me at his next tourney so i'm interested I think.

I wish Melee tournaments weren't out of state all the time. I really have no desire to travel outside of state ATM unless I can carpool with someone. Driving for my job and going well over 500 miles a week does not make me want to travel OOS. Any good Melee events coming up aside from ROM? I'm going to try to go to that. Seems like mad people are interested.

I've been playing Tekken 6 lately...pretty much all I play if I have any free time. It's pretty awesome. I'm trying not to play Melee all the time so like when I go back to it it's like, "Wow, this game really is the ****ing best game ever." If I play too much at one time i also start thinking about the game too much and then I suck.

PS-I totally now use Jigglypuff in Brawl too. I've beaten some Snakes with her on Wifi. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QukbUZvweGs

Scars getting better.

Definitely has potential to be the best Falcon.

I edited this post like 5 times.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Garrett, you should try HD Remix.

Also, Scar has been extremely good for awhile. Sort of depends on brackets, but he was the highest placing Falcon @ Genesis (Darkrain was there).

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
That commentary was just kind of boring. Sounded kind of inexperienced. I imagine commentary being pretty hard actually.

I think it was PC that said that pro falcons are really good but inconsistent because um they main falcon
eta: holy crap I've never seen this scar vs shiz set nice

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Problem with Falcon (and the thing that makes him inconsistent) is that you basically have to guess right a lot against good space animals.

Stephen: The more I watch other SF games the more I realize that 3S is kind of stupid.

Why do you gain meter by whiffing normals?
Why does meter carry over to new rounds?
Why does Chun's c.MK xx SA2 do like 40%?
Why is her kara throw so fucking big?
Why?

Note: Chun can also choose to do meaty UOH ~ c.MK xx SA2 or just regular old c.MK xx SA2 in this situation. The cross-up just gives her yet another option. Basically every time you land SA2 you can reset them, potentially landing another SA2 as long as you have meter, but it's a guessing game in your favor either way.

3S is ridiculously fun at intermediate levels and a lot of the characters are just awesome (Q, Urien, Hugo, Dudley, Yang, Makoto, Oro sometimes), but at really high levels of play where everybody's basically perfect it's just... dumb.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah. He's like the 3rd or 4th best character (in ST), but everybody hates him because they watch John Choi play him (flawlessly) and they're like, "Man that looks EASY what a gay character."

SleepyK

Yay for me having a few minutes of time to post in the CT thread.

Not yay for having a ****ing 8am saturday class.....fail.

I just realized that I play all of these fighting games

Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter II
Mortal Kombat II
Soul Calibur II
Smash Bros
Smash Bros Melee
Smash Brothers Brawl
Blaz Blue
Tekken 4
Tekken 6

Maybe that's why I'm not dominant at any of them. I play so many friggin fighting games and I'm trying to learn all of them at the same time. lol.

I'm thinking about getting back into Brawl a little bit too. I've finally learned how to fight Meta Knight (A good 40% of the reason why I quit) and Icylight wants to team with me at his next tourney so i'm interested I think.

I wish Melee tournaments weren't out of state all the time. I really have no desire to travel outside of state ATM unless I can carpool with someone. Driving for my job and going well over 500 miles a week does not make me want to travel OOS. Any good Melee events coming up aside from ROM? I'm going to try to go to that. Seems like mad people are interested.

I've been playing Tekken 6 lately...pretty much all I play if I have any free time. It's pretty awesome. I'm trying not to play Melee all the time so like when I go back to it it's like, "Wow, this game really is the ****ing best game ever." If I play too much at one time i also start thinking about the game too much and then I suck.

PS-I totally now use Jigglypuff in Brawl too. I've beaten some Snakes with her on Wifi. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QukbUZvweGs

Scars getting better.

Definitely has potential to be the best Falcon.

I edited this post like 5 times.

Hey guys how many games does jwong play? I don't remember but I'm sure he's bad at all of them.

SleepyK

LOL <3.

is that a name change?

also i think the reason new england males are so sexy is because of their love for chrono trigger.

also zoso totally reminds me of crono and that's hot

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
LOL <3.

is that a name change?

also i think the reason new england males are so sexy is because of their love for chrono trigger.

also zoso totally reminds me of crono and that's hot
It's because they both kick ***, not because of any similarities in appearance.

Top Bottom