• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
IS THAT THE ****ING GUY FROM DERRICKCOMEDY?!

WHAT?!

this is a shocking turn of events!

oh and hey john oliver

*checks*

YES

WOW
WOW MAYBE I SHOULD **** SOME BROS AND GET ON NBC.

Just sayin'

Also, I lol'd at this pic

Ahhhh Jason.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I spent my entire 3 day weekend hanging out with awesome friends from high school but also listening to them b.tch about how all the movies I owned were crap and were "movie-people" movies and laugh and brag about how awesome meat tastes and how they wished everything was made of meat so they could eat it and laugh uproariously when I ordered tofu from the chinese place and shiz.
I'm really tired.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
that's amber, rx-'s girlfriend.
posts on the boards as bossmagnet.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I spent my entire 3 day weekend hanging out with awesome friends from high school but also listening to them b.tch about how all the movies I owned were crap and were "movie-people" movies and laugh and brag about how awesome meat tastes and how they wished everything was made of meat so they could eat it and laugh uproariously when I ordered tofu from the chinese place and shiz.
I'm really tired.
This happened at my house over the weekend.

PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

PIC 4 (Slightly out of control)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WhD53UoJhM

I did not support it's production. I just happen to live with my brother who is a moron.

I apologize to everyone who clicked any of those links.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Pak that is seriously disgusting looking. Even if I ate meat that would look gross as ****.

Sleepy it didn't suck at all it was actually awesome to have my friends come from all over to hang out with us for my b-day... it can just be tiring because none of them have changed an ounce in the 10 1/2 years it's been since we were in high school and I guess I have. Interesting, really.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Pak that is seriously disgusting looking. Even if I ate meat that would look gross as ****.

Sleepy it didn't suck at all it was actually awesome to have my friends come from all over to hang out with us for my b-day... it can just be tiring because none of them have changed an ounce in the 10 1/2 years it's been since we were in high school and I guess I have. Interesting, really.
Well, like I said, I did not support meat baby. I did not eat it, and I still contend it is a waste of food. I was there for the story and the fact that it is my house.

I also played football yesterday and I got kicked in the mouth. Now my tongue is swollen and I am talking funny.

SleepyK

D:

and i see, cog. i see.
some things stay the same, i guess.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
We talked about how back then our biggest concerns were our immediate group of friends and since we didn't get a lot of girls even that didn't play into it much. After we graduated some of them just stayed in Maine doing the same things, some went to college in Maine and kept doing the same things etc...
I dunno, for example they are like almost 30 years old and had never heard the term "hipster" before. I feel like I'm the most cultured who's seen the most but then I feel like a snob and stuff. It doesn't help that except for one they all are very conservative politically. Like I said, interesting.

SleepyK

well, at least you can all beat small children together, right?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
We talked about how back then our biggest concerns were our immediate group of friends and since we didn't get a lot of girls even that didn't play into it much. After we graduated some of them just stayed in Maine doing the same things, some went to college in Maine and kept doing the same things etc...
I dunno, for example they are like almost 30 years old and had never heard the term "hipster" before. I feel like I'm the most cultured who's seen the most but then I feel like a snob and stuff. It doesn't help that except for one they all are very conservative politically. Like I said, interesting.
I can't say my situation is the same, I am only 24 and recently out of college, but I kind of see what you are saying. A majority of my friends went to the supremely terrible public schools in my area (I went to private school) and plenty of them didn't go to college. They are all getting by in their own way, but a lot of time it is like they are still in like the "pre-adult" stage.

I mean don't get me wrong, they are some of the best friends I could ask for. (Mogwai can contest to the hilarity of hanging with Ultimate Jim and Rob). But our lifestyles are slowly making it much harder to relate. They work so they have some cash to afford the weekend, pay their cell phone bills and possibly buy the latest video game. I work to afford my mortgage, groceries, house and car maintenance.

I am at the point where I want to start thinking about marrying a girl and having some little Pakmans running around. At the same age my friends haven't considered leaving their parent's house. Granted there are completely legitimate circumstances around it, I find it hard to relate to their problems and recently I have found myself sort of looking down at their antics, when a year ago I'd be right there with them.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
<generic stuff about how Mogwai notices the same **** with a few of his HS friends, but how some of his HS friends are where he is>

More importantly, I think my gf is still sorta living in that between kid and adult phase and it's bothering me recently. I have a great time when I'm with her, but the thought of her leaving her mom's place just seems so far out to her and I don't know where that puts us in another year short of myself making the effort to close the distance., which won't happen because I'm at a good place in my life.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Just wait until your friends start having kids then even if you are married and fairly settled you'll start wondering if you're ****-ups.

Mog: Long-distance relationships suuuuuuuuuuuck :'(
compromise is required.

Aesir

Smash Master
He's like.

"What is this creature latching on to my face? Can I fsmash it?"

edit:

A lot of my HS friends and I are all in the same boat, we're all in that between HS and adult phase still. But we're all NOT the same people we were 4 years ago. I mean these were people who I could spend billions of hours with and do absolutely nothing and still have fun without the aid of alcohol or pot, now it seems we're incapable of any sort of fun without those substances. Then again my friend and I are quitting so we might return to our age old antics of video games and watching random movies. Which is what we normally do, but this time without vices!

It's just kind of depressing, how you grow up with these people and after high school everything just goes down hill after that.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I am at the point where I want to start thinking about marrying a girl and having some little Pakmans running around.
Way to totally miss a "Mrs.Pakman" joke. *facepalm*

Mog: Long-distance relationships suuuuuuuuuuuck :'(
compromise is required.
DX I know it. Granted, Sandra isn't even 18 yet[inb4pedo], but I've just been my level of understanding and maturity for basically my entire high school career, so I'm not entirely happy that she hasn't at least started to upgrade to an independent person. x_x And she also gets really upset over some trivial things, like her mother throwing out the Death Note I got her for free because they didn't understand what it was...

I'm just starting to think all women are like that for eternity.
He's like.

"What is this creature latching on to my face? Can I fsmash it?"
LOLOLOLOLOL.

It's just kind of depressing, how you grow up with these people and after high school everything just goes down hill after that.
=[ Yea.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I can't say my situation is the same, I am only 24 and recently out of college, but I kind of see what you are saying. A majority of my friends went to the supremely terrible public schools in my area (I went to private school) and plenty of them didn't go to college. They are all getting by in their own way, but a lot of time it is like they are still in like the "pre-adult" stage.

I mean don't get me wrong, they are some of the best friends I could ask for. (Mogwai can contest to the hilarity of hanging with Ultimate Jim and Rob). But our lifestyles are slowly making it much harder to relate. They work so they have some cash to afford the weekend, pay their cell phone bills and possibly buy the latest video game. I work to afford my mortgage, groceries, house and car maintenance.

I am at the point where I want to start thinking about marrying a girl and having some little Pakmans running around. At the same age my friends haven't considered leaving their parent's house. Granted there are completely legitimate circumstances around it, I find it hard to relate to their problems and recently I have found myself sort of looking down at their antics, when a year ago I'd be right there with them.
you get the cat one cuz it was indeed a..................

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Great picture but looks shopped.

Also the company I work for makes those helicopters. !!

I'm in that transition phase at the moment. Only thing preventing me from being/feeling like an adult is living at my parent's house. I want to move on, get my own place and be independent, but I also wanna just hang out with friends and have fun all the time. Oh nos what do I do?! I think the plan is save up to buy a house, then just throw a bunch of parties!

Top Bottom