• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i don't think i've met mogwai or pockyd either

people to meet from this thread in no order

variola
pockyd
mogwai
noodles
thumbs
trademark
swift
darkdragoon
porf
axel
reno - man, i was at TGM standing almost next to reno. i fail

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

variola
pockyd
mogwai
noodles
thumbs
trademark
swift
darkdragoon
porf
axel
Fine I didn't want to meet you anyway. T_T (I even bought those don't get hit shirts)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
So because i know swiftbass reads this thread i just want to say im sitting in a chipotles right now on west110th st and broadway about to enjoy my steak burrito. This place even has lemons for my coke. Wtf. Anyway pictures to follow maybe lol. Sorry swift the way u talk about chipotles it would be un-american of me to not taunt. Bai nomnomnomnom
T_T

T_T

T_T

you know btw you can just say swift or Tim. I hate swiftBASS

I couldve sworn we met b4 sleepy.....or was that lain......**** I feel racist

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I need an excuse to drive up and visit Mogwai, so keep me in the loop of beard fest. I also still owe Mrs. Cog a match in Dr. Mario.
I live like forever away from Mogwai but sure XD

variola
pockyd
mogwai
noodles
thumbs
trademark
swift
darkdragoon
porf
axel
I am not on this list!

I'd rather go to California in the summer than wherever the heck pound is in the winter. Imagine if there's a gigantic snowstorm that weekend? Tourney will be ****ed :(

SleepyK

oh i forgot pakman! my bad, i swear i thought i had everybody. i think i skipped over the red name because of some atl south business.

my b.

also cog we've met! briefly, but we met.

i am prob coming up for ct con

R3N0

Smash Lord
Haha sleepyk i remember u from vls. So. What a jerk. Lol we'll formally meet soon!!!
Btw i took pics swift. They'll be up soon on this thread :)

R3N0

Smash Lord
EPISODE ONE: Reno goes to Chipotle

Reno sits down and see's his paper thing and it says something really weird.. the name C0ckburn. I chuckle to myself and contemplate how to taunt swift. Stay tuned.

for Episode TWO: Reno gets his burrito.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Pakman, the reason Bullheaded wasn't run terribly quickly was because that's the way I wanted it to be. I had two days to get done singles and doubles. I wanted it to be more of a hang out smashfest type of tournament. I can run a big tournament if I need to. I'll obviously take any help I can get because I'm not saying I'm the best TO there ever was. I guess I can start asking some people now to help me TO.
:D BRAWL+ TOURNAMENT? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE HINTING AT?

=D I'll see you there!
Actually, so will most people on that list except Poffy[Doesn't remember entire list].
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
oh i forgot pakman! my bad, i swear i thought i had everybody. i think i skipped over the red name because of some atl south business.

my b.

also cog we've met! briefly, but we met.

yeah I know, that's why I said I'm not on the list :chuckle:
I wish I knew you better when we met, though :ohwell:

EDIT Darc is going to Genesis now??

Also I finally got a 360!!
I can afford exactly one game
?

SleepyK

yeah I know, that's why I said I'm not on the list :chuckle:
I wish I knew you better when we met, though :ohwell:

EDIT Darc is going to Genesis now??

Also I finally got a 360!!
I can afford exactly one game
?
get it modded! :D

i'd do it for you except um, i don't live near ya.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I think pound 4 will be better than Genesis because I honestly think that Genesis might be tooo big? It will be extremely difficult to run and has been posted for more than 8 months. I'm not sure if this is the right way to say this but I think people have high expectations for pound 4 and people are sort of going into genesis thinking, "Well, this better kick ***!" where as we all know pound 4 will be run very smoothly. Also, it makes more sense for any EC smasher to go to Pound 4 rather than Genesis because of the distance. I'm pretty sure you can gain just as much experience going to Pound 4 as you would going to Genesis. So I won't get to play Isai (I want to play him in smash 64....) Gimpyfish, or Silent Spectre...but I can get just as much Bowser and Captain Falcon experience playing Hax, Scar, and DJ Nintendo. Plus, the money you are going to save is close to $300.00 For some people that is nearly a weeks worth of pay.

I guess i'm getting all technical because I'm moving out of my house in two months....meh.

Also-Milkteas was fun yesterday. Good seeing everyone.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Episode TWO: Reno gets his Burrito

Reno is taken aback at its massive size and stares at it with much tasty delight!
Feeling awful yet Swift?! YOU SHOULD!

Episode Three: The BITE.

SleepyK

rofl @ reno
that looks delicious!

also yes, pof, wc has no experience running tournaments and large tournaments have never been run successfully except for the pound series.
also pound 4 makes less sense for WC smashers to go to
wc is like 50% of melee now.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
also pound 4 makes less sense for WC smashers to go to
wc is like 50% of melee now.
Yes, this makes me sad. I mean I play all four games now (smash 64 and Brawl + included) and I find it sickening when I go to Brawl tournaments and just see loads of players who are no offense, horrible. EC is just filled Brawl scrubs who have no idea what they are talking about and for the most part, Melee veterans are the ones making money off of Brawl.

Dazwa
IcyLight
OmegaBlackMage
Darc
Fatal?
Noodles

Are all good Melee players and Noodles has potential. Fatal is a giant question mark but I've seen him play Melee at the last DM Brawl tourney ran by Noodles and he can hold his own and isn't uber scrub. That's what makes Brawl boring...a lot of players are just so bad. It's really funny when players like DJ Nintendo, Alukard, Cort, and PC Chris who don't even play the game can pick it up and destroy people who play it on a regular basis. That's case and point as to why Melee > Brawl as a competitive fighter. There is nothing else to argue.

I honestly found Brawl to be at least a good 30% of the reason why I've gotten better at Melee. Playing Brawl really FORCES you to be more patient and wait for your opponent to make the first move. The game is nothing but a quick hit and reset game. Characters like ZSS and Sheik can combo but for the most part it's "let me wait for you to do something...punish you....and rinse and repeat." The only difference between melee and brawl is technical skill, speed, and the ability to link moves together and easier DI in Brawl.

meh, this is me rambling but

Melee > Smash 64 > Brawl + > Brawl

Sometimes I honestly debate this though... Melee > Smash 64

Smash 64 brings back so many memories for me. <3

noodles

Smash Champion
im actually really decent when ive been playing for an hour before hand. i only play melee when people comeover. in the last month ive only played like twice >_>

MaNg0

Smash Hero
at brawl tourneys

lets say theres 100 people

94 people suck

2 guys who win

4 guys who might give those other guys a challenge

SleepyK

at brawl tourneys

lets say theres 100 people

94 people suck

2 guys who win

4 guys who might give those other guys a challenge

sounds about right.

perfect example of this was last smash in LA
only good people there were top 5, lol.

a few in the under placings give top 5 a challenge.

1: Reflex - Pokemon Trainer ($400.00)
2: kismet - Falco ($197.00)
3: Lee - Lucario/ Marth ($122.00)
4: Cyphus - DK/ Ice Climbers($41.00)
5: Biglou - Luigi ($20.00)
5: Nick - D3($20.00)
7: Take - Marth
7: KOSMOS - Peach

thumbswayup

Smash Master
It probably won't. I don't play Brawl often at all and dislike it and yet last week I placed very well at a tourny with all the best MD/VA Brawlers minus Azen present. I beat people like Forte and G-reg and took Omni to game three. It really makes no sense. I like beating people who think they're amazing at Brawl though, it's kind of humiliating when you lose to the guy that hates the game :D

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
us scrubs are the lifeblood of the community
actually very very true:chuckle:

It probably won't. I don't play Brawl often at all and dislike it and yet last week I placed very well at a tourny with all the best MD/VA Brawlers minus Azen present. I beat people like Forte and G-reg and took Omni to game three. It really makes no sense. I like beating people who think they're amazing at Brawl though, it's kind of humiliating when you lose to the guy that hates the game :D
you're just amazing.

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Alright time to pinpoint the racist. Yeah I said it. If you don't have a black friend chances are you're racist. (Same if you're a female and haven't slept with a black dude, I'm looking at you Milktea) Also real life friends, not this internet bull****.

Top Bottom