• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
youboob is uploading as we speak.

edit: wow...the moment youtube was finished uploading, WMG muted my song on copyright infringement...

god f'ing dammit...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
youboob is uploading as we speak.

edit: wow...the moment youtube was finished uploading, WMG muted my song on copyright infringement...

god f'ing dammit...
o_o Wow.
That was fast! LOL.
What song did they mute it for?
-DD

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Scar made a stream yesterday. It was a little laggy and no sound but it served its purpose. When I posted, the tournament was over already.

Everyone go to Jam's tournamnent, I am going and probably won't be at another for a little bit.

When is Steve going to be in CT?
I'll probably be going to Jam's.

Samikay

Smash Apprentice
I find it funny how other states are hosting revival of melee tournaments, whereas connecticut has already revived it to the point where it is the preeminent format and people are hosting revival of brawl tournaments.

Anyway, another melee tournament is coming up in april that you probably havent heard about, but itll probably be the beginning of a monthly series that will keep track of results, seed, and pay out season ending prizes.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224646

There is a Brawl edition, as well, but there is no date set as of yet. If enough people show up, then I can convince my brother, the owner, to run smash tournaments on a regular basis and we can finally build up a competitive smash scene in EASTERN CT. o.O Zomg imagine the possibilities... mlg will come knocking in NO TIME

So if a bona fide smash league sounds interesting then you should definitely try and make this tournament good ^.^

Chum

Smash Apprentice
If those become monthlies that would be awsome since its like 1 minute away from me, but i'm on Florida until may 5th or something like that.

Where is it in storrs? I dont ever remember seeing that gaming place there.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Let's make Samikay's brother's tournaments big...

..because I might show up to one and bring Louis eventually since it's by my house.

=D. *Bribes with brother.*

edit//actually he already goes on his own XD

edit2//who wants to teach my boyfriend melee with me XDDD teehee

Larex

Smash Cadet
Let's make Samikay's brother's tournaments big...

..because I might show up to one and bring Louis eventually since it's by my house.

=D. *Bribes with brother.*

edit//actually he already goes on his own XD

edit2//who wants to teach my boyfriend melee with me XDDD teehee

I'd go if Louis was there.

=D. *Bribes with myself*

I'll teach him.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
well mission accomplished sir, that qas quite disturbing. You also need to get a ps3 so we can sf4 and blazblue it up, it has been decreed, you havve no choice in the matter.

also boo at the rules changing while i was away, no fair
Haha I plan on doing so.

RoM was amazing. Soooo many top level players in the same room it was crazy. I'm so happy I finally got to play KDJ :D and many others. Too much awesome **** happened to remember.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
LOL @ sounds kinky. You're on board Mogwai, /hi5.

Shiet dude, don't even know where to begin. L-canceling and short hopping I s'pose. Hehe.
teach him L canceling with link's dair on FD. that's how i start teaching. then see what character he wants to play, and teach him the advanced recoveries with that char(likely side-B). if you don't teach them to recover, they'll just die all the time.

anyway, good luck

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I usually start with L-canceling and DI. But it's been my experience that noobs have the best DI in the world.

_V_

Smash Ace
Hahaha thanks <3

If I remember right that was from Dazwa? Maybe? I forget actually...hehe

Edit//The thread is renamed! First post update soon-ish. You have been warned

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
lol in that combo video it was like 'wut there are no combos in brawl' and then it proceeded to show like 5 clips of marth just doing single spikes, and i thought 'wut there are no combos in melee'

Top Bottom