• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Back in an untold year (1999), when I was a freshman in college, and you were all probably still in elementary school or something, I went to Worcester with some people to see Rage Against the Machine (with At the Drive In). We had our tickets already but our driver had to pick his and another kids' up at will call. So we split up and said "meet you at the car afterwards". Turns out will call didn't have their tickets... so they just left without telling us. So after the concert I wandered around the venue looking for our car or the people I came with to no avail. Finally I found the other 2 kids who came with us and had their tickets already. We concluded that they left without us. Leaving us stranded an hour away from college with no way to get back, in a freezing cold unfamiliar city at approx 1am. Now I didn't really even know those 2 kids nor did I like them. They started freaking out and suggesting that we split up which was really stupid. We wandered around Worcester for like an hour looking for a phone or something until we ran into a couple drunk guys exiting a bar. We talked to them and they were like "come back to our place you can use our phone". Despite this being highly sketchy, we did it. One of the kid's friends went to college in Worcester so we called her and she picked us up. We went back to her dorm and used her phone to call the dude who left us and he said he'd pick us up in the morning. So we finally slept on the floor of this girls room at like 4am.
This is primarily why I don't like Worcester.

And yes, the really ironic thing about this story is that this was before the age of cellphones. LOL To think how easily this would have been solved today because of cell phones is ridiculous.

Also to this day one of the kids who left us refuses to admit he did anything wrong.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
That has more to do with the people you were with than the actual city. Bad association prevails I guess.
lol I know. but I did use to go to a lot of hardcore shows there too and it really is a scuzzy scummy town.

Is that town related to Worcester sauce (also known as Worcestershire sauce)?
lol I don't think so. And for you non-mass people, it's pronounced Woo-ster or Wuh-stah.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
From CogSmooch's post in the Revival of Melee topic:

I lol'd, because when he said "best mango I've ever had," I tried to imagine how it would be used in trash talk >_>

Aesir

Smash Master
Back in an untold year (1999), when I was a freshman in college, and you were all probably still in elementary school or something, I went to Worcester with some people to see Rage Against the Machine (with At the Drive In). We had our tickets already but our driver had to pick his and another kids' up at will call. So we split up and said "meet you at the car afterwards". Turns out will call didn't have their tickets... so they just left without telling us. So after the concert I wandered around the venue looking for our car or the people I came with to no avail. Finally I found the other 2 kids who came with us and had their tickets already. We concluded that they left without us. Leaving us stranded an hour away from college with no way to get back, in a freezing cold unfamiliar city at approx 1am. Now I didn't really even know those 2 kids nor did I like them. They started freaking out and suggesting that we split up which was really stupid. We wandered around Worcester for like an hour looking for a phone or something until we ran into a couple drunk guys exiting a bar. We talked to them and they were like "come back to our place you can use our phone". Despite this being highly sketchy, we did it. One of the kid's friends went to college in Worcester so we called her and she picked us up. We went back to her dorm and used her phone to call the dude who left us and he said he'd pick us up in the morning. So we finally slept on the floor of this girls room at like 4am.
This is primarily why I don't like Worcester.

And yes, the really ironic thing about this story is that this was before the age of cellphones. LOL To think how easily this would have been solved today because of cell phones is ridiculous.

Also to this day one of the kids who left us refuses to admit he did anything wrong.
My family is from Worcester.

Yeah that's right I'm barely a CTer =[

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Chum-

Go to mass madness or the revival of melee.

"Forgive me father for I have sinned, it has been two years since my last confession."

"Almighty god we ask for forgiveness........." "What are your sins?"

"I visited the Brawl Marth boards!"

Yes, its true. I did. Shoot me? I actually enjoyed reading some of the information. Marth is still ****ing sick in Brawl. I think every other character is pretty ****ing dumb though. I only play Melee characters now in Brawl. The funny thing? It's pretty much just Marth, Sheik, and Fox. Melee tier homof or life haha

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
to those who are concerning
about RO

i'm playing on my friend's server
yeah, his own server
lol
:D
99 sniper ftwz
Let me guess, there's like 5 people on the whole server. Your friend has gm powers so getting gear and cards is easy.

Been there. Done that. Boring as hell after 10 minutes of owning all the toughest MVPs.

ro = ragnarok online?
Yes.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Joey, you should post your summary of RO so we can all benefit from your years of experience.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Joey, you should post your summary of RO so we can all benefit from your years of experience.
I won't subject them to the many many pages of its magnificence. It'd be like looking into the heart of the sun.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I won't subject them to the many many pages of its magnificence. It'd be like looking into the heart of the sun.
I like RO.
It looks simple and it gets mad deep.

Other stuff about it is cool too.
-DD

Top Bottom