• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Lol, do you have any idea how many times I've bypassed the swear filter? I've never even been warned for it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Thanks Dave, <3 early Miyazaki. (thumbs it's from Nausicaa) edit: too late and Dave put in the umlat and everything :(

And yeah it was just especially vulgar so whatever. And I just got warned in the Survivor thread lol

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I only remember the keys for the "A" w/ umlaut because I mentioned Nausicaä a few pages ago when we were talking about pirating movies.

Speaking of especially vulgar things, I slept over Matt.Zeb's along with a bunch of other people a few weeks ago. At one point, Kevin started talking in his sleep. I'm pretty sure he was talking about how comfortable the chair he was sleeping in was, but either way the stuff he said was hilarious.

"Two thumbs way, way up... in the ass."

"'Shit on my dick and call me a bitch,' raves Rick Ross."

I was sitting there playing Smash with Matt at like 5 in the morning and when I heard this I lost it.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I only remember the keys for the "A" w/ umlaut because I mentioned Nausicaä a few pages ago when we were talking about pirating movies.

Speaking of especially vulgar things, I slept over Matt.Zeb's along with a bunch of other people a few weeks ago. At one point, Kevin started talking in his sleep. I'm pretty sure he was talking about how comfortable the chair he was sleeping in was, but either way the stuff he said was hilarious.

"Two thumbs way, way up... in the ass."

"'Shit on my dick and call me a bitch,' raves Rick Ross."

I was sitting there playing Smash with Matt at like 5 in the morning and when I heard this I lost it.
LOL WTF

Howl's Moving Castle is actually the only Miyazaki film I have seen. Which is your favorite Cog?

Banks

Smash Hero
no. jedi mind tricks and jus allah are good

heres a deep post i made about hip hop and why its lost, for anyone whos interested:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5892127&postcount=55
yea i know they are good i like them both and have everything they ever put out even jus allahs full catalog of non-bomshot omnipotent stuff, jmt is probably my favorite rap group currently, don't really like psycho social, but from VBD on and the aotp albums. i was just saying that they are an acquired taste because they aren't very similar to mogwai's listed interests (lupe, mos def etc) you can't really just jump into that

i agree with your post too, the average listeners like the dumbest nursery rhyme stuff. but i think lil jon and his crunk rap was a big factor too. southern mainstream artists as SO much worse than any other kind of mainstream or any kind of rap basically...

and check out this guy, you might faint: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8qzeRvvakU
so much talent to write stuff like that

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
It's hard to pick but I'd say Spirited Away with Laputa close behind.
Spirited Away
Laputa
Nausicaa
Mononoke
Porco Rosso
Kiki's
Castle of Cogliostro
Howl's
I know it's ****ing terrible to admit but I've never seen Totoro. T_T

Add in all Ghibli films and that list gets more complicated....

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I believe Mononoke was the first Ghibli film Disney bought and released in the US...? They do all of them now.

I saw Spirited Away at a subtitled screening at an indie movie theater in Boston at like 10pm. When it finished I was kind of dazed, and walking out there was this huge line for the midnight screening, composed mainly of Japanese families with their little kids looking so anxious and excited. I promptly sat down on the curb and cried. >_>

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
hi ct thread. you guys sure do have alot of pages. hope you're all doing well. i miss you people. not the forum, sorry, just you guys as people, and chilling with you irl. so, lets chill irl, mk? iwhbyd skull?(lol jokes)

aim - allhighloanshark

you guys should know this. leave messages or call me, let us play the game with the buttons in it.

or just smoke a blunt, it's w/e.

i won't be looking at the thread again to see if anyone responded to this. sorry, lol.

text me, lets play. - 860 463 7809

love and peace ct threadians

~Alex (that awesome guy you like)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The only movie that has come close (and comes close everytime I see it) to making me cry is Braveheart. I can't explain it, but everytime I watch it from the very beginning to the end I just want to hide from everyone and cry my eyes out. I love that movie.

There's actually an anime that almost made me cry, and that was Berserk. When I saw the ending I sat frozen on my couch with my jaw dropped and felt as though my entire life was falling apart.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah, Berserk pulls no punches.

I cried at the end of Gladiator the last time I saw it, which was weird because it was something like the fifth time I've seen it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I've cried at lots of movies. I've already told this story but I cry every single time I see the ending of Big Fish. It could be in portugeuse, recorded from a cell phone, and on youtube, and I'd still cry.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Trademark those SS matches were amazing.

I've seen Spirited Away, Mononoke and Howl, all of which I thought were great. I don't know which one I liked the best, but probably Spirited away. The music in it is so good (among other things).

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
My favorite Miyazaki is definitely Castle in the Sky. The fact that the word Laputa is a curse word in Spanish only makes it better.

Top Bottom