• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
*Bunches of stuff*

Mogwai-When I first met you, I thought you were really cool and really funny. Once I got to know you though, you started to show yourself a little bit more and I realized you can be a pretty big jerk as well. I noticed this at PC's and i've been noticing it in your recent posts. You were a complete tool bag the last couple of times we hungout and I also picked up on the fact that you are a sore loser.....and winner. Whenever you win...you tend to rub it in really bad....but whenever you lose....you get really really angry. You're just not fun to play Melee with. You take it way to seriously. It's like I'm playing Aesir. You also pointed out how much of a tool you can be by how you greeted me last time I saw you. "Hey Garrett! Getting ***** really hard?" "Yeah man, but I've been getting better...I'm holding my own." "I'm sure you're still losing though." Also, when we were walking to the diner I said, "Hey, those were some pretty rough matches we just had." "What do you mean? You were just johning and I wasn't even trying that hard." What kind of friend says that stuff to someone?

*more stuff*

Mogwai, I would like to start fresh with you if possible? Theres been a lot of tension between us lately but I don't HATE you.....you;re just really on my bad side right now.
Somewhere in *Bunches of stuff* up there you were talking about Cog taking things too seriously. You're the one who can't take a prank on smashboards and feels the need to publicly single the people you have problems with out. You frequently post walls of text on this thread in response to single line quotes. Please Mr.Pot, lay off the Kettle.

Now, when it comes to me, first don't quote me when you're not quoting me. I may have been cynical and morose at PC's, but neither of those are direct quotes and I'd appreciate you not posting them on a public forum like they are. I didn't ask if you were still getting *****, I was asking in the NY dudes were ****** you cause those muthafuckas are nasty. I didn't say I wasn't trying, I said I was playing bad. This is always how I am as I'm getting back into smash. I get frustrated with myself for playing like shit, so don't take that personally.

When it comes to the boards, I can only assume you mean when I quoted you as The Artist Formerly Known as Prince Of Fire... Well, get the fuck over it. Someone decided it would be funny to play a prank on you and I thought it was funny. I was supporting Cog cause he was saying exactly what was on my mind and I didn't feel like reiterating it. If you don't like the way people respond to your posts, maybe you should try paying attention to why and fixing it rather than just bitching about it and hoping everyone'll stop if you whine enough.

As to starting over, wtf is that even supposed to mean? I'm never really gonna like you on boards as long as you post the way you do. I'm not going to forget you making an ass of yourself on a daily basis. I also still don't really have a problem with you in person and will continue to not have a problem with you in person. So really I have no idea what the hell you're asking for.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Allright guys, I just finished typing up my latest short story last night. I'm not posting this one though, because I'm planning on sending it out in an attempt to become a published writer.

I would still like to have some opinions on it before I do though. If you're interested in reading it, let me know somehow (post here, IM, PM, etc.) and I'll email it to you. It's 6,442 words, so while it's not very long, it is longer than what I usually write.

I just want some feedback on it. Did you like it or not, and why? Which characters stood out to you the most? Would you want to see a sequel to explain what happens later? Anything like that, or nothing like that. I want your thoughts about it.

I know this isn't really the best time to do this, with school raging and people busy with their own stuff, but I've put myself on a timeline to have this thing sent out by December 31st, so I need to do more editing and re-writes by then, as well as pack it up and send it out to as many literary journals as possible. As such, if you volunteer to read this story, please do so in a timely fashion. That doesn't mean I want a review back tomorrow, but I don't have three weeks to wait either.

Thanks for your consideration guys.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Allright guys, I just finished typing up my latest short story last night. I'm not posting this one though, because I'm planning on sending it out in an attempt to become a published writer.

I would still like to have some opinions on it before I do though. If you're interested in reading it, let me know somehow (post here, IM, PM, etc.) and I'll email it to you. It's 6,442 words, so while it's not very long, it is longer than what I usually write.

I just want some feedback on it. Did you like it or not, and why? Which characters stood out to you the most? Would you want to see a sequel to explain what happens later? Anything like that, or nothing like that. I want your thoughts about it.

I know this isn't really the best time to do this, with school raging and people busy with their own stuff, but I've put myself on a timeline to have this thing sent out by December 31st, so I need to do more editing and re-writes by then, as well as pack it up and send it out to as many literary journals as possible. As such, if you volunteer to read this story, please do so in a timely fashion. That doesn't mean I want a review back tomorrow, but I don't have three weeks to wait either.

Thanks for your consideration guys.
I'll give it the old once over: wesley.ruttle@gmail.com

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I sent it out to email recipients. Sean, I'll send it to you a little later, since SWF requires some formatting changes to post stories. Thanks for your help.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
joe budden was alright in his earlier mixtapes, when he was beefin wit game/lloyd banks.
but he aint nothin to get excited over

em would be in my fav if he wsa still around. he came out wit a new mixtape tho. i'll have to listen to that later/when i remember

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Top 3 MCs for me.

1. Lupe, Kids ill.
2. Nas, get on Illmatic, too good.
3. Eminem, No need to explain.

For serious though
I hate no one.

And Jam

Kevinmorrissey2008@yahoo.com
Let me show you my lovin

@ Cort, you know I don't suck at Smash!
Bowser Ditto Money Match 1 DARRAH
PUT IT ON THE TABLE.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
whoa, i randomly lost contact with this thread like usual :(
anyways...who has a car/isn't busy tomorrow/is awesome?

jason's working and i need to catch my flight at 3:30 T.T
if anyone's up for that hit me up on aim...don't wanna pay 60 bucks for a taxi.

also...attempting to win OHSNAP4 melee. there are like 100+ people coming for brawl though so who knows how good it'll be. wish me luck, kiddos :D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Sent, sir.

Also, a post I made regarding hip-hop in another thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5756876&postcount=46
Jam, I gave your story a once over and it's definitely worthy of a couple more iterations, good stuff. I just want to make sure you have MSWord 2003 or higher so I can do sexy MSWord editing stuffs.

Some of my hip hop recommendations:
Nas: It Ain't Hard To Tell

The Roots: Act Too (Love of my Life) (if you can find The Roots Come Alive version, that one is the track that got me into Hip Hop.)

Jurassic 5: The Influence

Mos Def: Mathematics

Common: The Light

Wu Tang Clan: Protect Ya Neck

CunninLynguists: Fukinwichu

Lupe Fiasco: Kick, Push

to name a few...

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
also...attempting to win OHSNAP4 melee. there are like 100+ people coming for brawl though so who knows how good it'll be. wish me luck, kiddos :D
Good luck sir! Eat tons of turkey and win tons of money!

Jam, I gave your story a once over and it's definitely worthy of a couple more iterations, good stuff. I just want to make sure you have MSWord 2003 or higher so I can do sexy MSWord editing stuffs.
Yes sir I do. Sexify me!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Garrett: I don't hate you and I'm pretty sure nobody else around here does either. If you want me to stop being such a "jerk" to you, stop making such a gigantic tool of yourself on a regular basis. As for me having "no patience for anyone or anything," you really don't know anything about me, nevermind enough to make such a ridiculous generalization. OH WAIT all you ever post in here is ridiculous generalizations.

I only made fun of "the list" because you've done the exact same thing before and it was a pretty obvious attempt to exclude certain people who have publicly argued with you. It had nothing at all to do with anything else in that post.

You're not going to bother to respond to this. Oh well.

Does anybody else ever get the feeling that Garrett is actually an unbelievably brilliant troll?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Does anybody else ever get the feeling that Garrett is actually an unbelievably brilliant troll?
As Robert Downey Jr. said in Tropic Thunder, "You never go full ******"

Anyway, Jam I just finished your story and liked it. If I had to name something I had a problem with, it'd be that it ends pretty abruptly with no real closure (which I'm all for), but I noticed you did this in another story of yours. Maybe I'm just crazy here, but something has to happen to payoff all the buildup in the story. Otherwise, it justs makes your reader question if it was worth reading or not. I want more from the story, a good deal more. I really liked everything you had in it, but when I finished it it just made me think about what wasn't there. I may be completely wrong about all this so you can ignore it if it doesn't make sense (which is probably the case lol). Unless you intended for there to be more with a sequel of some sort I guess. Still, it was a great read so I hope you get it published.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
As Robert Downey Jr. said in Tropic Thunder, "You never go full ******"

Anyway, Jam I just finished your story and liked it. If I had to name something I had a problem with, it'd be that it ends pretty abruptly with no real closure (which I'm all for), but I noticed you did this in another story of yours. Maybe I'm just crazy here, but something has to happen to payoff all the buildup in the story. Otherwise, it justs makes your reader question if it was worth reading or not. I want more from the story, a good deal more. I really liked everything you had in it, but when I finished it it just made me think about what wasn't there. I may be completely wrong about all this so you can ignore it if it doesn't make sense (which is probably the case lol). Unless you intended for there to be more with a sequel of some sort I guess. Still, it was a great read so I hope you get it published.
I just think the ending needs some rewording to make it feel like it's fading into the credits rather than just cutting to them, ya dig?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I totally understand your complaint, Thumbs.

Unfortunately, non-resolution is one of the constraints of the short story genre. In order to work out everything that happened in the lives of these characters, it would require way more than I can provide in the confines of a short story. The point isn't so much to introduce a problem that must be resolved, as is the case with most novels. It's just simply to make you aware of the problems that the characters face. What you said regarding wondering about what isn't there is exactly what a short story is supposed to make you do. There isn't enough room for a resolution in 10,000 words, so we just try to paint a vivid scene with the time we do have.

Also, one of the things I was trying to communicate through the story is that there are no resolutions. You can't put a neat little bow on life, because it never works that way. You just go from day to day, doing your best, and hoping that it's enough.

I'll try to make sure that theme comes through in a clearer way though. Thanks for reading it.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
I used to really like Jurassic 5, but the more I hear them the more I realize I just like Chali 2na and the rest of them are only OK. Cut Chemist is a sick DJ, but he isn't a member anymore so I think their newer stuff is just falling short for me.
J5 make me feel alive
cut chemist is sick
check out this guy http://www.myspace.com/flyinglotus
"kill your coworkers" is good
also this is just some random kid from the DR who I think is mad good http://www.myspace.com/botanicobeats

still my all time favorite hip-hop instrumentalist/DJ is MF Doom

on a lighter note. for anyone who likes chiptune /electronic/ambient/techno-ish music. http://www.shemusic.org/
thanks PC this stuff is really cool
I might play some of on my show tonight

If anyone would like to listen I go on at 9pm and I'll be there till 11 tonight
I'll be playing mostly european electro, breakbeats, and house
www.whrtradio.com
^stream it online *****es^
(shameless plug : )

PS Happy b-day drSuper
Thank you Drooooo!!!
you see our school is having a tourney saturday? idk I'm mad rusty

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dear Pof,

You try so hard to be unbearably stupid. I love plenty of people that suck at smash (note: everyone) and I'm pretty sure I'm not a real dick to anyone in real life or online (besides you, jackass.) Quit trying to pretend you know me based on all the nonsense I throw at you, and just use your fucking brain for once.

Sincerely,
Paulathan
Dylan the Fiendlord

PS PC for President <3
added my name

The artist formerly known as Prince of Fire]Dazwa-"No offence or anything dude said:
u[/COLOR]ck over it. Someone decided it would be funny to play a prank on you and I thought it was funny.
*Dazwa

Jan. 21st
Giant pic of LOST in img tags
*masturbates furiously*
yessssssssssss

Top Bottom