• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm pretty sure the smash scene has been dying since the disease came out a few months ago. I think it was gonorrhea.. err I mean brawl.
Or people who do more complaining than helping.
>_> Poffy, I'd hate to think you missed one of Jam's huge posts[I think it was Jam] about how CT's smash scene was never too awesome and its just dying off because of the lack of competitive drive that say, NJ has.

<_< Seriously, just realizing it now Poffy? You're a silly kid.
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
CT Smash is NOT dying. We've been over this.

If people don't want to/can't go to tournaments, they'll be missed, but don't just ignore the tournaments that ARE happening. That's what we call a self-fulfilling prophecy.

_V_

Smash Ace
Those dog posts reminded me of Bob Dylan from the Scorsese documentary. LOL.

God, I love Bob Dylan.

Did I mention that I HAVE TICKETS TO SEE HIM!

YES...he is coming to my school on November 11th!!!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

If people don't want to/can't go to tournaments, they'll be missed, but don't just ignore the tournaments that ARE happening. That's what we call a self-fulfilling prophecy.
>_> Well, when I said dying, I meant malnourished.
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
CT smash isn't dying at all what? This month alone was LLHS2, ESTICLE 13, NFB4, and a bi-weekly tournament in Hamden. 4 tournaments in one month 2 Melee, 2 Brawl?....sounds kinda good to me.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You know how many times it's started pouring when I walk the ten minutes from my job at Fort McNair to the metro station to get home? I'm not even saying it was raining beforehand, I'm saying it STARTS raining as soon as I walk out the door. Every time this happens I get on the metro soaking wet and looking like a complete moron because no one knows it's raining outside because it just ****ing started soon as I left my job.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
It's not the fact that it's DYING it's more the fact that everyone is kind of moving on and I do not think there is enough drive from our newer/younger players to keep it going strong. The tourney scene in CT solely relies on our new players to keep it going strong. So Cat Fight (where the **** is he?) noodles, nana, etc are the future of the CT players. Seriously, just take a look at the "CT Thread" About half the people on here are not even from CT (No offense to you guys.)

Brookman
Jam
Chewman
PC Chris
_Milktea
Cort
Mogwai
Papito
Shminlkedorf
Aesir
Dark Dragoon
Budai
Khaly
Axelslam

All have stopped playing Smash Brothers dramatically. It's either this, they quit, it's difficult for them to attend tournies or they just play for fun and do not want to compete. (I know for a fact that Aesir was debating on quitting and DD along with him. Or were you joking Nick?) Most of us are growing up, have jobs, girlfriends, and much more important things to do. Most of us started playing this game around 15 or 16...maybe earlier and it's kind of getting to the point where it is time to move on. I myself am even becoming a part of this slowly. Lately I find that I only have time for maybe one day a week of smash while I used to play a good 3-4 days a week easily. I want to get better and such but I just do not have the time to put into it anymore. I mean....just take a look at Cort and PC.....do you guys think they play as much as they used to? I doubt that. I'm not talking about Melee, Brawl, or Smash brothers dying....I'm talking about CT.

Where have the tournaments/smashfests been in CT aside from my Melee tournaments and Nana and Moon-Doggies Brawl tournies??? (Which most of CT is not attending.) Non-existent. Yes, there is SPAWNS in Janurary....but thats quite a ways away, agreed?

Also-You always find a way to keep me right here waiting lawls.

Aesir

Smash Master
I'm using the word serious as a way to define being competitive which means traveling to tourneys and wanting to get better.

Aesir
Trade
Sean
Mike$
Spawn
Icy

These are really the only people who travel A lot.

And for the record I was thinking about quitting and don't give me that no johns **** play this game for 3 years and then 2 of those years where you spent dedicated and traveled.

Just these past few months I've been to tri-state with sean and trade numerious times and I've been up to mass I've gone as far as Maryland to play this game.

So to I was completely justified to feel like quitting for taking last a tourney I shouldn't have taken last in.

If I actually quit though then you could have ragged on me.

_V_

Smash Ace
I don't mean to be an ***...but you cannot talk about the community if you have not been in it for more than 2 years. I have known these people for a while and we have always known that CT could be good...but CT is more friendly than competitive and that is how it is.

_V_

Smash Ace
I entirely read your posts...I am saying you don't know or understand what you are talking about.

There are not many people in this state that are "good" and the ones that are do not care.

Edit//You cannot say this is not an attack when only 3 people have posted since you have...that is just bad arguing.

_milktea

Smash Lord
PoF, I don't mean to be a jerk when I say this, but people don't listen to you because you stated yourself a billion times, you don't care at all what any of us think of you or your posts.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Anyone know any N64 emulators that can be used on the wii besides wii64? I renewed my wow subscription today to find out that rhet pallies ****... wtf?
CAN WE SAY I THREE TO FOUR SHOT MS WARRIORS?

roflrofl

But seriously, though. Look at the rest of the patch, man. Blizzard's going for the MvC2 approach: Let's make every class in the game broken in some way. Mages, for instance, are ridicu-**** with Arcane now; can you say I cast the equivalent of two Arcane Missiles in one cast and each missile does 1.5 to 2 times damage?

And btw, I only know this much about the game because I read about it and my best friend has a very unhealthy obsession with it. I've played it, but I never got past level twenty myself. Got too bored.

And why in the **** am I talking about WoW? Somebody kill me.

Smooth Criminal

Chum

Smash Apprentice
I was one shotted by a palli today. I play a rogue. I was one shotted by a mage to day (WTF UBER POMPYRO WITH LIVING BOOM!?!?!?!?!). I have both s2 maces and i was sad when I was respecing to see I no longer stun spec :( there went 30k honor.... I can one shot some clothies once in a while with killing spree though. Poisons proc off of it and you still get auto attacks, and each shot can crit >.<

trademark0013

Smash Champion
PoF, no one thinks your personally attacking them. ur statements are just incorrect

>_> Poffy, I'd hate to think you missed one of Jam's huge posts[I think it was Jam] about how CT's smash scene was never too awesome and its just dying off because of the lack of competitive drive that say, NJ has./QUOTE]
actually, even before jam, i wrote something about it.
everyone ignored it

jv wrote something
everyone seemed to want to play again, then did nothing

jam wrote it
see jv's response

pretty much

see caps for responses
It's not the fact that it's DYING it's more the fact that everyone is kind of moving on and I do not think there is enough drive from our newer/younger players to keep it going strong. The tourney scene in CT solely relies on our new players to keep it going strong. So Cat Fight (where the **** is he?) noodles, nana, etc are the future of the CT players.

NOT TRUE AT ALL. YOUNGER PLAYERS ACTUALLY WOULDNT BE ABLE TO KEEP A COMMUNITY OF ANY KIND GOING. ITS UP TO THE VETS AND PEOPLE WHO'VE BEEN AROUND.

Seriously, just take a look at the "CT Thread" About half the people on here are not even from CT (No offense to you guys.)

NOT A RELEVANT STATEMENT

Brookman
Jam
Chewman
PC Chris
_Milktea
Cort
Mogwai (NO HE HASNT)
Papito
Shminlkedorf
Aesir (NO HE HASNT)
Dark Dragoon
Budai
Khaly
Axelslam

All have stopped playing Smash Brothers dramatically. It's either this, they quit, it's difficult for them to attend tournies or they just play for fun and do not want to compete. (I know for a fact that Aesir was debating on quitting and DD along with him. Or were you joking Nick?) Most of us are growing up, have jobs, girlfriends, and much more important things to do. Most of us started playing this game around 15 or 16...maybe earlier and it's kind of getting to the point where it is time to move on. I myself am even becoming a part of this slowly. Lately I find that I only have time for maybe one day a week of smash while I used to play a good 3-4 days a week easily. I want to get better and such but I just do not have the time to put into it anymore. I mean....just take a look at Cort and PC.....do you guys think they play as much as they used to? I doubt that. I'm not talking about Melee, Brawl, or Smash brothers dying....I'm talking about CT.

YOU MEAN THAT THING CALLED LIFE? ISH HAPPENS. STR8 UP, EITHER PLAY THE GAME OR DONT. CT JOHNS HAVE BEEN IRRELEVANT FOR A VERY LONG TIME. YOU CAN GET BETTER OTHER WAYS, DONT BE SO DEPENDANT. ALSO, YOU REALLY DONT NEED TO PLAY SMASH FOR 4 DAYS A WEEK, NOR SHOULD YOU.

Where have the tournaments/smashfests been in CT aside from my Melee tournaments and Nana and Moon-Doggies Brawl tournies??? (Which most of CT is not attending.) Non-existent. Yes, there is SPAWNS in Janurary....but thats quite a ways away, agreed?

IN ALL HONESTY *** TOURNAMENTS IN CT.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I think it is more of the fact that people don't listen to me because they write me off as, "That guy who makes bad posts." This is not a direct attack at anyone, stop.
No one thinks it's an attack dude. You posted your thoughts and everyone discussed, that's the point of this thread really. You've brought this up before and you get the same response what do you expect? Also almost half the people on that list still play competitively.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
PoF, I don't mean to be a jerk when I say this, but people don't listen to you because you stated yourself a billion times, you don't care at all what any of us think of you or your posts.
Mhmmmm. Very true.

I will say this though. It is not as lively as when I first came around. Much more activity then and in all areas too. Discussion, tournaments, smash fests, attitudes, etc.

Whatever though, moving on....

I want to play Brawl actually. Noodles-want to play today for a few hours in the afternoon?

Don't worry, I just want to play it for like twenty minutes maybe. lol

http://wii.qj.net/Beware-Wii-Firmware-Update-v3-4-contains-homebrew-blocks/pg/49/aid/125293
Suck it Nintendo. Seriously, for some mystical reason I saw that email from Nintendo last night on my Wii and ALMOST felt like upgrading. But then I remembered that Nintendo likes it in the rear and is clearly against homebrew. Haha, my Wii is still top tier.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
CAN WE SAY I THREE TO FOUR SHOT MS WARRIORS?

roflrofl

But seriously, though. Look at the rest of the patch, man. Blizzard's going for the MvC2 approach: Let's make every class in the game broken in some way. Mages, for instance, are ridicu-**** with Arcane now; can you say I cast the equivalent of two Arcane Missiles in one cast and each missile does 1.5 to 2 times damage?

And btw, I only know this much about the game because I read about it and my best friend has a very unhealthy obsession with it. I've played it, but I never got past level twenty myself. Got too bored.

And why in the **** am I talking about WoW? Somebody kill me.

Smooth Criminal
One of my closest friends used to play WoW quite a bit and had a level 70 before he stopped playing 6 or so months ago. I convinced him to quit, but that new expansion is coming out soon and I don't know if he can help himself....

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Not wanting to travel =/= not wanting to improve. Ironically enough, the best people in CT (Brookman, Nus, Pipe) are the ones that travel the least.

I still love Smash, but I don't love being in a car for hours. I'm a local Smasher; I've only gone OoS for tournaments like twice, and that was to Mass. I've always been skeptical of the necessity for OoS tournaments in determining skill. If you want to be recognized on a regional level, then of course you have to attend regional events. But most of us in CT still can't beat Brookman, so why worry about doing well OoS if you can't even do well in-state?

Garrett, before you can really complain about CT Smash, you have to beat some of us. My post a while ago wasn't bashing CT Smash, but was just a (thinly veiled, I thought) rant against Brawl. KevinM and Zoso live in the wasteland of RI, and I don't think I've seen them complain ever about lack of tournaments. It should be a requirement that before anyone complains about CT Smash or mentions how much they travel, that they be able to place top 3 in an in-state event. Otherwise, it's really just meaningless.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Ironically enough, the best people in CT (Brookman, Nus, Pipe) are the ones that travel the least.

Garrett, before you can really complain about CT Smash, you have to beat some of us. It should be a requirement that before anyone complains about CT Smash or mentions how much they travel, that they be able to place top 3 in an in-state event. Otherwise, it's really just meaningless.
Fair enough.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Rhode Island is kind of a special case in that it's basically a suburb of Connecticut and Mass. I wouldn't mind having more tournaments within 20 minutes of me, but I'm smart enough to recognize that I have it a lot better than players in Texas who have to drive 4 hours to get to the next town.

To be fair, the upper ranks of CT tournaments are usually filled out by Maine, New York, and the like. Using the last Esticle as an example, you might be able to **** 99% of CT, but that's no guarantee that you'll be able to put up a fight against Cort, Darc, or Jman.

And yeah, I'm sure I'm better than the vast majority of CT players, but I really don't regard my own opinion as having more weight than anybody else's.

Top Bottom