• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thanks Cog <3. Thumbsy?! I sure hope that doesn't stick lol

Btw I saw Rashomon last night at AFI Silver for my film class and loved it. Have you seen it? It's a Kurosawa film, only the second one of his I've seen (first was Seven Samurai, which I loved). There's something hypnotic about his movies, I have to find more!

How many of you guys have read "The Great Gatsby"?
I did back in 11th grade. I remember liking it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
*raises hand*

Thanks Cog <3. Thumbsy?! I sure hope that doesn't stick lol

Btw I saw Rashomon last night at AFI Silver for my film class and loved it. Have you seen it? It's a Kurosawa film, only the second one of his I've seen (first was Seven Samurai, which I loved). There's something hypnotic about his movies, I have to find more!

I did back in 11th grade. I remember liking it.
lol thumbsy

RASHOMON is one of the greatest cinematic acomplishments EVERRRRR. Glorious.

Somebody want to hook me up with a pic of Ken doing the leg pose from this vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neO3lwWisGI
I can't wait for tonight.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
nobody else said anything, but thats really good. i can do a mile in about 9 minutes but im tryin to improve that, ive been slackin lately lol.
For improving a mile time there is no better way then doing tempo runs on hills. thats how i got my mile to about 5:30, good ole x-country.

add another one too the record.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&

Me. I liked it a lot actually...and its a pretty good movie.

Good stuff last night Mogwai, Trade, and Nana. Headache johns for me. Around like 8 my head was killing me. Mogwai really ***** everyone last night......no joke. I did better with my Roy....than I did with my MARTH. WTF? I seriously do think that warming up with Roy for me is a great idea because he teaches you to rely on mind games because his combos are horrible. Then, when I get my mindset and mind games all squared away I can combine that game with marths range and combo ability.

Thats just me though...

Also-Marcs a noob!

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
They're both pretty good if you like Kurosawa films.

PoF, The Great Gatsby was a book first XD

And it was purty gud.

Happy birthumbsday.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Happy bday. THE THIRD PERSON I HAD TO SAY THAT TO TODAY. Be unique ppl.....be born on SEPARATE DAYS. UGH....lol

SleepyK

SleepyK-

Two things:

A-Are you coming with Tom?!?!?!!?!?!?!????

B-Wasn't everything a book first? The Godfather was a book first....
A - Tom's arguing with his dad about it... if his dad says yes, I am very much coming. I can give every CTer late birthday presents! provided i'm not broke <_<

B - That's true.

I did read the Godfather books before I watched the movies though
<_<
>_>

i think the only book-based movie I didn't do that with was The Golden Compass, which I haven't read yet.

Also, my favorite movie... I dunno, I've always been a gigantic Star Wars fan... I don't know about a singular movie though. I like a lot of movies.

also, lulzy friendlies from like 3 weeks ago at 4 am -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPoyQchhykY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTXqn6cig4w

he had to meteor. ;-;

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
A - Tom's arguing with his dad about it... if his dad says yes, I am very much coming. I can give every CTer late birthday presents! provided i'm not broke <_<

B - That's true.

I did read the Godfather books before I watched the movies though
<_<
>_>

i think the only book-based movie I didn't do that with was The Golden Compass, which I haven't read yet.

Also, my favorite movie... I dunno, I've always been a gigantic Star Wars fan... I don't know about a singular movie though. I like a lot of movies.

also, lulzy friendlies from like 3 weeks ago at 4 am -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPoyQchhykY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTXqn6cig4w

he had to meteor. ;-;
I remember when i ken comboed with roy it got ppl VERY upset.........i guess urs was better cause it was ENTIRELY random and off stage. LOL. For witnessing that i should get a free T shirt.

SleepyK

lol, sure. We'll call the t-shirt a birthday present.

which one ya want

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
*plans for his 2k post*

I wonder if smashboards would allow me to throw in bunches of html to reroute anyone looking at my post to a rickroll...
Or barrackroll....
or to the MLG site...

*plots*
-DD

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Your running pattern is good because you stay constant and thats the most important thing in distance running. What is your current running workout. This was mine when I ran for my high school.

monday- mediocre distance 3-5 miles
tuesday- tempo run 2-2.5 miles really fast
wednesday- sprints rotated every week 10 100's, 8 200's, 6 400's , 4 800's, 2 one mile repeats
thursday- mediocre distance 3-5 miles
friday- tempo run
saturday- Long distance run 6-13 miles (I normally did around 8 miles for these. Only once did I run 13miles, however these runs don't really help with times, just good for stamina)

However my 5k time (3.1 miles) was only around 21:00 minutes so I was pretty average.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I just want to lose a little bit more weight in the next month.

Physically demanding job ***** me johnsss

I usually just alternate days, doing that 2.4 mile run. I recently just started this though, so I'm not concerned too much about results yet.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Should I possibly just try running as far as I can at the pace I was doing? I'm pretty sure I coulda gone farther if I pushed myself

Top Bottom