• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
This is the thread that never endsss;
It goes on and on my friendssssssss;
Some people starting posting cause they didn't know what it was;
and now they just can't stop because:
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
-DD
I'm going to throttle you

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
o.o...
>_> Okay so uhh...
Don't spend the day psyching up the swim team and then cancel the big meet.
The team gets pissed and wrecks the locker room.

Also; I brought Brawl with me to my girlfriend's house, cause her little brother wanted to play it.
I set him up with the speed unlocking settings and told him to get to work.
A few hours later, I was just hugging/kissing/talking with my girlfriend while 3 stocking him with Lucario.
Good times.

OH! Poffy plays the GH now?
What modes are you doing?
-DD

Larex

Smash Cadet
who makes there Aim name "buttercups soup"? So today my cousin must have been on crack or something because she sent me like 15 emails today. I tell her to just talk to me online instead of emailing me so many times in such a short period of time. She says she doesn't like to use IMing so about 2AM today she emails me saying she installed aim and made an aim account...and was like "My screen name is Buttercups soup"...I was like who the **** makes that screen name. ****ing BUTTERCUPS as a soup sounds really horrible.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
actually i've been doing stuff with family, i've already spent 2 days this week playing smash with friends

edit: sorry i didn't respond to your PM, but yeah i think the only additional smash i feel like playing this week is the tournament saturday
th only reason i bothered was because you said you were in new britain so it would have been really easy to play, if you were even 1 town over i probably wouldnt have asked.

Larex

Smash Cadet
Chu is amazing at life.

DD-Well, I beat Easy mode in Guitar Hero II in one day haha. I'm going to start medium tomorrow or something. I played too much yesterday haha. I get like 96% on every song....definitely time to move up.
Lol I suck at that game but for some reason when my cousin was watching me I could play it on hard and then as soon as he left I could only play it on easy.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Uhhh...
To anyone that reads the Naruto manga:
Is Sasuke going to go blind from use of his Sharingan?
>.> It says Itachi gave Sasuke all of his powers[except the ones he gave to Naruto], so maybe that counts as transferring the eyes too?

<_< Also:
Hard Gay is gay irl.
I think.
/hardgay.gif
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I STARTED Guitar Hero on hard mode.
/afk
Me too. Well first I beat easy mode then I just skipped to hard the same day cause it was too boring. I don't think I'm good anymore though :0/

Someone bring guitar hero 2 or 3 to NFB3 tomorrow! Pof we should use your wii as ssb64 setup.

noodles

Smash Champion
i started on medium. the way i saw it was four finger for the four keys. i didnt start on hard since i wouldnt get used to stretching my pinky far enough quickly. im going on wifi if anyone wants to come

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That's exactly what I do, spiking Nana with Diddy is just too funny and pretty easy if you can back throw her away from Popo. However, if they grab you once it's all over. Bull**** if you ask me. I think the bananas really mess up their grab game, but I need to practice that matchup some more to tell for sure.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
That's exactly what I do, spiking Nana with Diddy is just too funny and pretty easy if you can back throw her away from Popo. However, if they grab you once it's all over. Bull**** if you ask me. I think the bananas really mess up their grab game, but I need to practice that matchup some more to tell for sure.
Yeah, I was going to say that you should utterly destroy the ICs as Diddy. The other really easy way to gimp Nana is just to edgehog. If you knock them back far enough, Nana almost never makes it back to the stage with Belay, and if they have to Squall hammer, then there's the landing lag afterwards that you can punish them with.

Also, what's the verdict on this whole grab-break thing? Was that found to be true, or was it de-bunked?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I played some friendlies with GodismyRock's ICs last week. In the first match I almost 3 stocked him, the second one he almost 3 stocked me lol, and he barely won the last game. That was the first time I've played ICs that were good and 3 matches definitely isn't enough for me to tell anything yet, except that it's a crazy matchup. When I wasn't getting grabbed I was beating him pretty badly, but then he started getting grab after grab on me and my percent sky rocketed. I should play your ICs sometime.

Grab-break thing?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I played some friendlies with GodismyRock's ICs last week. In the first match I almost 3 stocked him, the second one he almost 3 stocked me lol, and he barely won the last game. That was the first time I've played ICs that were good and 3 matches definitely isn't enough for me to tell anything yet, except that it's a crazy matchup. When I wasn't getting grabbed I was beating him pretty badly, but then he started getting grab after grab on me and my percent sky rocketed. I should play your ICs sometime.

Grab-break thing?
There was some discussion a few months ago about the possibility that if you press L or R as soon as you're grabbed, you break out of the grab, regardless of percentage. Obviously, that would be a game-changing tech since it would make D3 less scary and banish the ICs to the bottom tier, which is why I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything about it, true or false.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
There was some discussion a few months ago about the possibility that if you press L or R as soon as you're grabbed, you break out of the grab, regardless of percentage. Obviously, that would be a game-changing tech since it would make D3 less scary and banish the ICs to the bottom tier, which is why I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything about it, true or false.
WHOA I gotta try that out. If it works then I'd actually enjoy playing D3 and ICs.

Top Bottom