• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
For ARMS 2 I'd like to see more fighters with nonstandard ARMS i.e Twintelle. Since we see that the arms gene can affect more than just, well, arms. Like maybe stuff like:
-a break-dancer who does a handstand and attacks with springy legs
-a fighter with shorter arms but a springy torso that can bring their whole upper body toward the opponent and give faster punches at close range
-someone with a springy neck who can headbutt the enemy

It'd probably be hard to do this with the motion controls and might not be too in the spirit of ARMS, but I love seeing nonstandard designs in fighting games

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
For ARMS 2 I'd like to see more fighters with nonstandard ARMS i.e Twintelle. Since we see that the arms gene can affect more than just, well, arms. Like maybe stuff like:
-a break-dancer who does a handstand and attacks with springy legs
-a fighter with shorter arms but a springy torso that can bring their whole upper body toward the opponent and give faster punches at close range
-someone with a springy neck who can headbutt the enemy

It'd probably be hard to do this with the motion controls and might not be too in the spirit of ARMS, but I love seeing nonstandard designs in fighting games
Omg a Kerberos doggo with long nekks

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Somewhat late and obvious by this point but congrats on the new fighter. Hopefully it was who you wanted and are excited for Min Min. She looks straight up fun to play. To fight against, it night be a different deal but every character it's like that one point, hehe.

:bowser:.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
no to the first, yes to the rest
One of the first things I thought of was someone with yarn for arms. I struggled to think of something so I thought of a teddy bear. :laugh: I figured it'd be a Helix type situation where it's so weird you don't know what to make of it.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
What about a spider or a bee like character? The arms could focus on poison and cold elements (For rhe slowdown effect) or an arm like the blorb with the blinding effect, but with webs/honey?

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Saw someone on Twitter comparing Spring Man's bulging eyed expression when getting hit in the face with how DK's eyes bulge out when he gets hit. And it made me realize how cartoony and expressive Spring Man might have been if he were chosen.

Man... Everytime I start to get over it, something else pulls me back in! I'm actually surprised by how sad I was. People were upset by Byleth and I really didn't care. I didn't think anything in Ultimate would bother me. But then this happened. :dizzy: Crazy huh?

Oh well. In any case, please let ARMS 2 be in the near future. Or release the comic. Or something. Smash has reinvigorated my desire to see more from ARMS.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
If we're throwing out ARMS fighter ideas, I got one: Old man ARMS

Basically an old crusty guy with really bad posture. What are his ARMS made of? Hair. But not prim and proper hair like Twintelle's, oh no, we're talking shaggy, unkempt white hair. It can come from a moustache, or he can just have hairy arms for extra gross factor.

Bonus points if he's actually called Old Man ARMS

Staarih

Smash Master
So many potential ARMS character ideas to go for, I love the ideas brought up here.
I've sort of envisioned a pirate-type character with ropes for arms, with the actual arms resembling a ship wheel (maybe a shield-type ARM?) and a parrot (similar to Phoenix/Thunderbird). Also a weird, guru-type of character who has psychic/levitating arms could be quirky. Or a fitness maniac with jump ropes for arms.

Honestly, I'm excited for a potential ARMS 2 for the character designs alone.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So many potential ARMS character ideas to go for, I love the ideas brought up here.
I've sort of envisioned a pirate-type character with ropes for arms, with the actual arms resembling a ship wheel (maybe a shield-type ARM?) and a parrot (similar to Phoenix/Thunderbird). Also a weird, guru-type of character who has psychic/levitating arms could be quirky. Or a fitness maniac with jump ropes for arms.

Honestly, I'm excited for a potential ARMS 2 for the character designs alone.
yeah weve had fun ideas ourselves so itll be great to see what the actual team come up with

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Who here is excited for Min Min coming out tomorrow? I know I am. First thing I am going to do is play with her a bit in Vs Mode to see how she ticks and than I'll play through Classic Mode with her.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope she's one of those characters that clicks for me and not one of the many "OK class you've barely gotten used to the keyboard, now do the drums" levels of jank I have with them characters.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Who here is excited for Min Min coming out tomorrow? I know I am. First thing I am going to do is play with her a bit in Vs Mode to see how she ticks and than I'll play through Classic Mode with her.
Definitely am excited!

There's a pretty good possibility she may end up being my number three behind Link and Samud/Dark Samus, especially since she also plays as a zoner. But also looks to have some decent combo set-ups. We still don't know all of her attacks yet so we don't know if she has a combo throw or a reliable kill set-up. So we'll see for sure tomorrow.

That said I usually go straight into Classic Mode with the character as it gives me an opportunity to learn as well as fulfill the 'completionist' aspect of the game at once. Then I go into CPU matches and Training mode if I decide to play the character more frequently.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Sparring Ring will probably be my new training theme going forward, and I feel the need to do one 100-Man Smash in honor of ARMS's 1 vs. 100 mode.

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely excited! I have one of my cousins coming over to play her so it's gonna be fun

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Homestly, I'm waiting until we learn who FP7 and FP8 are, since that would be the halfway point and it'd give me a better idea of what to expect.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well its the day after tomorrow for me but yes i am, for me itll go, my music, test match, classic mode, spirit board

and home run contest if i remember

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
For now, I'll wait and see how many people pointlessly demand she be banned from tournaments. That's how I'll know she's good. ;)
Well to be fair people wanted Little Mac banned at first and we all know how he ended up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well to be fair people wanted Little Mac banned at first and we all know how he ended up.
What I don't get is that instead of tempering his strengths, they made his already heavy weaknesses completely workable.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
For now, I'll wait and see how many people pointlessly demand she be banned from tournaments. That's how I'll know she's good. ;)
Regardless, there's going to be people complaining about how "broken" she is and placing her among the top-tier demons like Ganondorf and King K.Rool. Because of course.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Alright, you Min Minions, as promised, here is the punishment video for guessing Spring Man wrongly.
Long live the Spring Maniacs!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Given that the EU direct said that Min Min would be available on the 30th and the US one said she'd be available on the 29th, we've got at least 9 and a half hours to go until challenger pack 6 drops

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Given that the EU direct said that Min Min would be available on the 30th and the US one said she'd be available on the 29th, we've got at least 9 and a half hours to go until challenger pack 6 drops
It will be about the time I have to go to work when Min Min drops. I might not get the chance to play with her until tomorrow when I get off work. It sucks, but I was working when Banjo & Kazooie dropped and they were one of my top 5 most wanted characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Min Min is now live.

Have fun everyone, I need sleep.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No Dr. Coyle spirit, oddly enough. The spirits are the nine characters (aside from Min Min) who were playable in the base game, and Max Brass. That doesn't rule out her being added later like the Tockles, though.

Playing through her classic mode now; it will take some time to get used to how she controls.

IMG_20200629_212715592_HDR.jpg

EDIT: her spirit battle seems unchanged, the name is still Min Min, and her fighter spirit is called Min Min (fighter).

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just finished my first match as Min Min.
She is... very technical. Forward Smash with a B attack. Who'd have thunk it?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Anyone think the two remixes are actually worse than what they were and they should've just put the originals in?

Anyway I've been messing around with Min Min. She takes some getting used to. It's so odd. The Dragons don't work at all like they do in their home series. She basically uses them to punch instead of shooting a big ol' laser. I didn't even realize you have to hit the button again to shoot them, and only with Smash attacks. And when they do they fire the lasers they're these little bitty beams. Since the Dragon is now a long range punch in Smash they couldn't have the laser shoot too far. So they completely got rid of the Dragon's original purpose and it's essentially a boxing glove most of the time.

I suppose they had to make 'em that way since her Ram Rams curve and the Megawatt is supposed to be a big heavy attack, leaving her with no normal stretch-out-and-punch attack.

It makes me feel like Min Min's signature ARMS weren't the best choice for smash. :ohwell:

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Pretty much this.

Spring Man and the other ARMS fighters can work as clones or semi-clones. Springtron is the only one who would work as an Echo Fighter had Spring Man gotten in as a playable fighter.

Also, Rosalina and Daisy showed us why one is an unique fighter and the other an Echo Fighter even though both look similar to Peach. Rosalina has Luma. What did Daisy have? Nothing that made her different from Peach other than flower aesthetics (I still wish Daisy pulled out Carrots from Super Mario Land 2 instead of Turnips from Super Mario Bros. 2).

That’s why Springtron would be an Echo Fighter and the other ARMS fighters would be clones or semi-clones. They at least have their own default ARMS. Springtron’s default ARMS are the same as Spring Man’s. I know I sound like I am repeating myself but whatever.

Also, there is precedent that a clone or semi-clone can get their own Echo Fighter. Roy is a clone of Marth. Chrom is an Echo Fighter of Roy. Although I really do wish that Spring Man would make the first precedent that an Assist Trophy can be upgraded to playable fighter in the same game and that his Assist Trophy is replaced with Springtron.
Only prob is you know there will be that one person who proceeds to spin some construed narrative about how if Spingman got in we essentially were just given "a 5.99 code to unlock a character already in the game" in order to shame the DLC pack and make it look worse then it seems. Min Min was probably the best route to go, going by popularity, fan demand and lore.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Only prob is you know there will be that one person who proceeds to spin some construed narrative about how if Spingman got in we essentially were just given "a 5.99 code to unlock a character already in the game" in order to shame the DLC pack and make it look worse then it seems. Min Min was probably the best route to go, going by popularity, fan demand and lore.
Well yeah, anyone will cause some complaints. No one's gonna have a 100% approval rating, if they were going for that we wouldn't get Byleth.

Top Bottom