• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm playing the game right now and apparently you can switch arms with all the characters by unlocking them on a minigame. another thing i found is some characters share one pair of arms for example, min min and helix have the dragon arm plus she shares the big ball arm with master mummy.
i mean min min's actual arm, not the dragon glove

min min has a unique mechanic where she can keep her left arm perma-charged, turning the noodle arm into a dragon in the process

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
i'm playing the game right now and apparently you can switch arms with all the characters by unlocking them on a minigame. another thing i found is some characters share one pair of arms for example, min min and helix have the dragon arm plus she shares the big ball arm with master mummy.
These similar ARMS tend to have different properties though.

Min Min's big ball can paralyse the foe while Master Mummy's has no elemental effect whatsoever, for example.

And even then, the point isn't with the ARMS because yes, I could see more than the default three ARMS if and ONLY if it fits the moveset design, it's about the unique attributes, like Max Brass' buffing, Kid Cobra's speed boost or Misango's mask.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
For those who haven't seen it (pulled from the Isaac boards):

Thanks @SonicLink125

Seems Nate just meant to say that he didn't want to say anything. lol

This looks like an old reel that's been around since ARMS release in 2017. I could be misremembering though.

I'm feeling pretty good about Min Min. C'mon, Monday. I'm dyin here!

Edit: That reel is just from the Direct that aired on March 26th earlier this year. Skimmed through some old 2017 trailers/directs and didn't see it, but it was in the March 2020 mini direct.
The fact that it is a new reel to me shows that even after various other characters became popular, they’re still putting Spring Man and Ribbon Girl on a pedestal regarding promotion. Still doesn’t paint the whole picture of possible selection criteria, but does solidify the duo’s position as mascots

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Source Gaming released the results of their big poll and they make for interesting reading, especially when taking into account that it was taken before the reveal.

Of note, Spring Man and Min Min had the most votes of the ARMS reps with 25 and 13 respectively.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think the idea of having a character that isn't the 'main' one from a game is something people didnt think about too much back before nintendo showed us lots of characters (from arms), teasing about who it could be.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think the idea of having a character that isn't the 'main' one from a game is something people didnt think about too much back before nintendo showed us lots of characters (from arms), teasing about who it could be.
there's also ARMS basically being considered dead in the water for smash in early march given spring man's status, so i could see some of his votes basically being ARMS fans throwing their voice behind the main mascot in support for representation in the next smash game

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
With Smash 4 Inkling and Wolf felt like glaring omissions to me. With base Ultimate it was an ARMS rep. Whoever it ends up being, at least I can say I'm completely satisfied with the roster after their inclusion. You won't see me complaining about the rest of FP2 that's for sure.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I honestly think FP1 was was enough to really make Ultimate feel complete.

I was even happy about Byleth unlike maybe 90% of the community because they were one of my most wanted Nintendo characters.

I literally have no reason to complain about anything for this Pass, even if the ARMS rep isn't the one I want. So I might as well just... enjoy the ride. :p

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
While I have my preferences for exactly who I want the ARMS rep to be, as I'm sure we all do, in the end I'm just happy to see a rep at all. I'm hella excited to see how Sakurai transfers the gameplay of ARMS into Smash.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Papagenos gives out his thoughts and predictions.

I'll save y'all some time: His prediction is Min Min. He goes over all other possibilities, including the oft-mentioned Hero situation with multiple ARMS reps in one slot, but in the end he states his official prediction is Min Min.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH I love ARMS' cast so even if it ends up being Spring Man, I'll eventually get over the disappointment and grow to like him.

Besides, I already got all my complaining out of the way yesterday. I'm good. :p

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
While I want Coyle and expect Min-Min, I think that even if I manage to get slightly disapointed by Springman, it will only during the reveal itself. Whoever it is, once the moveset will be explained, I'll probably be like "I gotta try this character ASAP". Just like Byleth. That's the beauty of Smash Ultimate's newcomers and DLCs: you may not play them on a constant basis, but they all bring something fun, new and interesting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
this is the quality content i come here for

View attachment 275439
Lol, did he really do that? hope it's a joke XD

TBH I love ARMS' cast so even if it ends up being Spring Man, I'll eventually get over the disappointment and grow to like him.

Besides, I already got all my complaining out of the way yesterday. I'm good. :p
It's good to have that kind of attitude. But in my case it just wouldn't be enough, and min min would be my fave, tho I do like some of the other girls in the cast too :p I just dont think they have as much chance (unless it's a multi-character)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
That screen shot is joke in context, guys. It's ok to not trust the guy after that Byleth stunt but there's no need to spread misinformation. Does no-one any favors.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
COVID-19:
c0481846-wuhan_novel_coronavirus_illustration-spl.jpg

Min Min's Megawatt ARM:
30d5452d992f7065cd758ea069921a89b877c23ev2_00.jpg

Still think it's Min Min?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Played ARMS, at last.

I'm a firm supporter of Ribbon Girl, Barq & Byte, Max Brass, Kid Cobra and Dr. Coyle. Any one of those fives would be my preferred newcomers.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

lol Zhuge (reliable insider if you have known about him for as long as me and others have) is now making a poll of only 4 names. Hoo boi, this is gonna be a long sunday isn't it?
1592506217730.gif

MattX20

Smash Hero

lol Zhuge (reliable insider if you have known about him for as long as me and others have) is now making a poll of only 4 names. Hoo boi, this is gonna be a long sunday isn't it?
View attachment 275452
Even then, MinMin's in the lead

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I’m seeing so much Spring Man hate here. Is there anyone here who legit wants Spring Man because he’s the main character? Because I wanted Spring Man since the very beginning. Or am I legit alone in this?
Spring Man has a lot of fans.

They just aren't as vocal.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Min Min definitely seems to be the most popular by far. At least from what I've seen. This site certainly isn't an exception.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be her, obviously, but it wouldn't be surprising given her blatant sheer popularity.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well, back to the ARMS direct to prepare for monday. Though, you need to see the other 5 videos for the DLC free update characters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I did, and I can see why you're such a fan. Grand Prix was the first place I went to after the basics.

Gonna keep practicing so I can challenge (and beat him) again on gradually higher difficulties.
The ones to aim for are Level 4 and Level 6

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I think that may have been the intention...
He did say the winner of the poll would be who gets announced.

He knows what he's doing. This is his way of saying Min Min is in in.

/s

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Personally, I'm expecting Spring Man or Max Brass, on the basis that they'd represent the gameplay of ARMS the best. I know Min Min is apparently more popular, but Smash usually leans towards the "face" of the series; For example, we got Byleth and the four relics over Edelgard, despite the latter being more popular. Min Min is cool and all, but she's not quite the face, at least not yet.

Alternatively, age up Mechanica, give her actual ARMS, and make her the protagonist of ARMS 2. After all, she is around the right age for her ARMS to manifest, right?

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I'd like to see Coyle break the heroes first rule but I want to see some spirit rules get broken too. Talk about a conundrum.

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So the reveal is going to take place at Sakraui own house and this tweet mentions Nobiru Ude, which means stretchy arms. Twintelle deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
So the reveal is going to take place at Sakraui own house and this tweet mentions Nobiru Ude, which means stretchy arms. Twintelle deconfirmed.
To be fair, the Mini direct said "This fighters arms (not ARMS) can exteeeeend (might have the wrong amount of e's)", so going by that logic, Twintelle was deconfirmed from the beginning.

Top Bottom