• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Congratulations Mew2King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I updated the first post with the interview they did with M2K. If more of the interview gets posted on the site I'll edit my first post.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Are you going to interview Sn1ckers and the ref he punched in the face? I want to hear from the champion of the Link boards.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
Who placed top 16 and what were the characters used. I wanna see how much diversity there was in characters. If there is a link post it.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Who placed top 16 and what were the characters used. I wanna see how much diversity there was in characters. If there is a link post it.
MLG hasn't released an official top 16 yet but someone in the predictions thread posted the top 8. There 3 MK's in the top 8 and the others were all different characters.

I'll post the top 16 placings as soon as MLG announced them and it looks like we might have some other top player interviews coming up so I'll be sure to post those as well.

EDIT: Interview with ADHD is coming in, I'll post it as I get it.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Looks like M2K and Ally also won Doubles.

Mew2King and Ally (Meta Knight and Snake) started the Championship Finals with a five-stock win in Game 1 over Tyrant and DEHF (meta Knight and Falco) and never looked back. They swept Games 2 and 3 with ease en route to the Doubles Championship.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Somehow, I knew M2K would win. Nice way to kick off MLG Brawl 2010. Looking forward to the next tourney.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i practiced extremely hard for this tourney, more than any other brawl tourney ever. I think I was at my best for the most part. I am taking a break from practicing until the week before next mlg because i put off a lot of college study/work which I now need to focus on until mid/late may when semester ends. Very happy I won

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
M2K is just too beast.. He was sandbagging for a little and then was like "ok, game time"

*edit* BTW thanks M2K, I made ten bucks off of you winning lol

RATED

Smash Lord
congrats M2k, as a Snake main even if most the time I root for ally as I am a snake main. I knew that u were going to win this.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Congrats Jason. Sorry that I couldn't hang out and practice with you beforehand when you wanted me to. I kinda got stuck somewhere that night... xP

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
actually i can't be very happy anymore. Reason is cuz I consider myself good friends with ally but he is starting to be more bitter towards me lately whenever I beat him so when I beat him I cannot feel good so idk if I can be happy with winning brawl tourneys anymore. I just talked to him and he said he's going to be really mad if i time him out. But what am I supposed to do I am playing to win and I don't want to approach into grenades and an up tilt at 100%+. I am not sure what to do unless I can find other approaches but when I play aggro I usually lose so why would I do that. I am not sure what to do now. It's like a lose lose situation now sort of. I think I earned winning because I played very careful and I believe smart and I trained very hard for it but ugh idk anymore

CO18

Smash Hero
If hes bitter towards you because hes not beating you then I dunno what to say rofl.

I dunno if hes serious or not but if he is thats sad, play your game you both are camping each other so its w/e

CO18

Smash Hero
I dunno why you wouldnt feel good winning lol, ally will just need to step it up, but ima **** him anyway @ mlg columbus so its irrelevant since he wont be winning eitherway

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Then don't let up just because he can't take a loss (if that's the case). Play your game and aim for the money. If you win then you win, that's all there is to it.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Considering you practiced a ****-ton for this event and he didn't practice at all, you deserved to win M2K. He has no reason to be bitter.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
The Melee and Brawl general playstyles are TOO different to you M2K from what I'm hearing.

Perhaps you don't feel happy winning cause that's not how you play Melee and the difference in style (approach vs camp) is also bringing a flux in your emotions.

It's good to play to win, 'specially in MLG. But if worst comes to worst, you might need to try and switch styles.

But I dunno. I don't think my "advice" helps. :p

dj asakura

Smash Ace
M2K, I know the feeling. Same thing happened to a friend of mine and myself back when I started getting better than him at our old game of choice. There were some rough feelings there for a short while but eventually we moved on and he put in the effort and is now one of the best players in the nation.

Now, I'm not saying Ally will or won't beat you, but based on his thread he just made, things will be ok. No reason to feel bad about a win, you guys just need to celebrate your placings together and have a good time.

Good luck with everything man, looking forward to meeting you in Columbus.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I just hope that ADHD will decide that he's going to step it up and train. He slacked off really hard this event and I guess it came out when he had to fight the WC Metaknights. I'm not sure if he'll be at Cbus (GAMME is the same days, and I believe he'd rather go to that due to stages), but I would expect him at Rahleigh.

By the way, shoutout to DSF and Tyrant for learning MUs before coming over here.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
I dunno why you wouldnt feel good winning lol, ally will just need to step it up, but ima **** him anyway @ mlg columbus so its irrelevant since he wont be winning eitherway
LOL i love your attitude for some reason.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
actually i can't be very happy anymore. Reason is cuz I consider myself good friends with ally but he is starting to be more bitter towards me lately whenever I beat him so when I beat him I cannot feel good so idk if I can be happy with winning brawl tourneys anymore. I just talked to him and he said he's going to be really mad if i time him out. But what am I supposed to do I am playing to win and I don't want to approach into grenades and an up tilt at 100%+. I am not sure what to do unless I can find other approaches but when I play aggro I usually lose so why would I do that. I am not sure what to do now. It's like a lose lose situation now sort of. I think I earned winning because I played very careful and I believe smart and I trained very hard for it but ugh idk anymore
Well I don't see how he's your friend if he gets mad at you for winning instead of congratulating you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom