• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Confused Ape - Simple Q&A Thread (Read OP for FAQ)

DanDanChan

Smash Rookie
I love to approach, but i get into trouble when i get greedy and do it to much. My opinion is that DK should be balanced in his offence and defence, and you should be changing techniques based on matchup and opponent reactions.

Gretalian

Smash Cadet
I've seen dkwill do it a million times and have searched online for it and can't find it. I'm hoping you DK mains can help me out.

How do you charge Neutral B and change directions after canceling the charge?

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I've seen dkwill do it a million times and have searched online for it and can't find it. I'm hoping you DK mains can help me out.

How do you charge Neutral B and change directions after canceling the charge?
There are two ways to do it. You can either very slightly tilt the control stick backwards when you press B, or you can quickly tap backwards and then press B. The tap method is a little slower, but probably easier to do consistently.

The direction is changed before DK even starts the charge btw, so if you see yourself still facing forwards it is too late to change directions.

Gretalian

Smash Cadet
There are two ways to do it. You can either very slightly tilt the control stick backwards when you press B, or you can quickly tap backwards and then press B. The tap method is a little slower, but probably easier to do consistently.

The direction is changed before DK even starts the charge btw, so if you see yourself still facing forwards it is too late to change directions.
thanks!

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Roughly what percents does ding-dong go into being a kill and when it can no longer confirm? And what are effectively DK's best and worst stages?

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
I'm enjoying DK sometimes so far and other times not, probably depending on matchup and playstyle of the opponent. Which brings me to my question: What are some of the bad or really annoying matchups for DK?
I'm not looking for matchup ratios or anything extensive, just a general "These characters are a pain" list. If there's a short reason why that'd be helpful too. (X is annoying because projectiles)

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
I'm enjoying DK sometimes so far and other times not, probably depending on matchup and playstyle of the opponent. Which brings me to my question: What are some of the bad or really annoying matchups for DK?
I'm not looking for matchup ratios or anything extensive, just a general "These characters are a pain" list. If there's a short reason why that'd be helpful too. (X is annoying because projectiles)
Personally, I feel like his worst matchups are :4zss::4metaknight:. DK has being so huge and having landing issues is very vulnerable to getting juggled and then Up B'ed.

Last edited:

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Is there a google doc or something somewhere that has the ding dong range for every character as well as how rage effects it?

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Hey all, I'm a :4dk: secondary. My main, :4wario: has a terrible matchup with :4cloud:and I'm looking to start using DK for it as other than Wario he's the only other viable character I really enjoy playing and am good with, and his matchup with Cloud seems much more doable. I know DKwill recently put it at -1 for DK (It's probably -3 or -2 for Wario). I couldn't find one so my apologies if a DK/Cloud matchup discussion exists but I'm looking for tips on stage choice and how to approach Cloud. Also tips on recovering from the ledge against a Cloud with limit. Any other tips or tidbits would be wonderful. Looking for any and all info on the matchup.

Also, unrelated question but is there a guide around that tells you the best option to use at each percent for cargo upthrow? Generally my followups are nair (and also a bair if possible) at low %, fair at mid % and upair in kill percents.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
hey dudes, I'm trying to collect a bunch of quick easy info graphics on essential character knowledge to make a quick reference guide for commentators (we all hate it when a commentator says something that is wrong)
This shulk thing here is an example of the kinda stuff I am looking for

I'm going around to all the character boards and it'll be a little messy for me to try and check them all, so if you have any cool things like that, or just some useful info that I could turn into a similar picture, please send me a message. Cheers lads.

Top Bottom