• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CONFIRMED FOR APRIL:Fullmetal Alchemist 2!

Vts

Smash Champion
now just finding this out lol, found out about it while back didn't think ppl liked it since no one posted it :D

but if you read the manga then its different from the old fma

still amazing

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I've known about this for a while and I'm looking forward to it. If it's truly based off of the manga like the rumors say then all the more reason for me to be excited.
The trailer does not look like something from the manga but it could just be clips we will not see. Maes Hughes is in the character page as well.

Safe to assume Funimation will get this one as well so we can expect a great dub.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is this going to be a continuation of the old series (Somehow...), based off the manga (More than the other anime), or something new?

Darkslash

Smash Master
NO ****ING WONDER GUNDAM 00 IS GOING DOWN THE DRAIN...

Seiji Mizushima is working in FMA again right? Because 00 ends some time in April and since FMA 2 comes out in April and Mizushima is working on 00 currently...

It's a good thing AND A bad thing...

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I'm not sure what to think of this. I liked where the series left off personally. The movie was okay but I don't think this is necessary.

Then again I never read the manga.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
wow I saw this thread multiple times before and just thought it was a game. Glad I finally looked inside this thread because this is freaken amazing news!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I was hoping that FMA's second series would have a slightly different art style.

Oh well, beggers can't be choosers.

pikamon

Smash Ace
I don't really get it. Is this a remake or a continuation? If it's a continuation, I'm all for it, but I don't really think the series is old enough to get a remake so soon. It has only been a couple of years since the last one ended (2 years?), which is hardly enough time to remake it. As for the actors, I read on wikipedia that the japanese voice actors are slated to reprise their roles, so that might imply that the same American actors will do so as well, but there was no information about them.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This is most likely a faithful adaptation of the manga's FMA.

Now anime watchers can experience how the story's suppose to be.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
How the heck are they gonna get Ed back into the armour? :/

Gaara♥

Smash Master
How the heck are they gonna get Ed back into the armour? :/
clearly they didnt learn from the first time and tried to bring their mom back again. There happened to be an exact copy of Ed's old armor laying around where they tried it ^_^

but seriously thats a good question

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There were a bunch of Ed's armor copies in the Full Metal Alchemist movie

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder how they will keep going with the Elric brothers in a different dimension now...
Are you sure they are continuing from where the anime left off? I got the impression from the first page it would actually be based off the manga instead...

Which one is right?

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
the early rumors were said it to be based off the manga, kinda like hellsing ultimate,there was nothing about the continuation of the series(whice ended with the movie which ended quite nicely)

D

Deleted member

Ah, thought it said Full Metal JACKET 2. Continue with your fanboy conversations.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
No one posted this interview.

http://csakuras.livejournal.com/487991.html

So in conclusion, this is a retelling of the original story. We don't know how faithful of an adaptation it will be, but we can conclude that it's NOT a continuation from the movie.

Well unless I missed something, that still did not confirm that it will be based off the manga. If anything Arakawa's part made it look like it will be different from both previous works.
I was skimming though so I may have missed something. :ohwell:

Being the fan of the manga that I am, having this one different from the last anime is good enough for me(I enjoyed the last anime but the ending did not sit right with me and I did not like the movie at all really.)

Having it confirmed that the manga is in its last stage is nice as well. It was pretty obvious but knowing that nothing will be pulled off to try and make it longer then it needs to be is nice.

Anyone know how long the new anime will be, I'd assume it'd be around 52 episodes again but is there any word on that yet?

Thanks for the interview. ^_^

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm pretty sure I read in another article somewhere that this anime will be 50-52 episodes long for this season. I'm not positive though, it could've just been a rumor or something.

And yeah, you're right. It didn't exactly give any confirmation that it would be entirely based on the manga.
I sure hope it is. Arakawa certainly hopes so too! I also want to see the Roy VS Lust fight animated.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Well, it starts in April and if it is around 52 episodes then that would give the manga about 13 more chapters. I can see the manga end in 13 more chapters with its current pace but that may be pushing it a little. If they want to they could make the anime longer, I don't think they'll do that but they have plenty to work with to stretch it out longer.
Actually, 52 episodes may not be enough to fit all of the manga, if 52-ish gets confirmed then I think it will be more likely to be different.

Being able to see the manga only characters animated will be cool, I really want to see Ling's group and Olivia. I agree with Arakawa on wanting to see the Briggs portion.
Guess I just want to see a 100% manga faithful adaptation, it's one of my favorite manga so I guess that's to be expected. >_>

I'm excited for this anyways, can't wait to see how it turns out. If it's different then it will be fun to see where they take it this time.

Top Bottom