• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmation: Floating Ball of Doom Spotted (frame data)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
The entire middle circle, however, it has been determined w/ PSA that when you sweetspot back air someone when they are on the ground, it will only do 10 damage, whereas if you get them in the air, you do 12 damage.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Hey, how do you get information on hitboxes and stuff? I'd like to see the hitlag of each hitbox and knockback power and angle (relative to other moves, just to compare) but I don't want to trouble you to do it since you seem busy enough as it is, and also it's the holidays for me and I'd like to have something to do lol. I think I'd be able to see it, since I have homebrew channel with Gecko and stuff.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah, I think I might make a .pac for his jab, grabs and specials thanksgiving break

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Psh, I'd be doing so much more for Lucas if I didn't have school... Hell, If I didn't have school, I'd probably try to figure out how to hex so I would be able to show the hitbox on the PK Moves. I'd also collect a whole bunch more data too, such as D-throw to U-tilt percents w/ DI

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Psh, I'd be doing so much more for Lucas if I didn't have school... Hell, If I didn't have school, I'd probably try to figure out how to hex so I would be able to show the hitbox on the PK Moves. I'd also collect a whole bunch more data too, such as D-throw to U-tilt percents w/ DI
I know what you mean. I did it for the dtilt combo percents. It was cool doing research-y things for my main. ;)

Veril

Frame Savant
DON'T BE LIKE LEAF! READ THIS SO YOU UNDERSTAND THE FORMULA POSTED
Lag on throw =[First actionable frame (ie, the frame a shield would first appear on) •w - Release frame •w]

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: each of the values modified by weight must be rounded up in order to calculate lag. Merely multiplying base lag by weight mod will NOT always or even often give you the correct value. w=1 for a set value throw, or the characters weight if its ∂W.

Lucas
f-throw (∂W): initial hitstun = 57 ----- lag = [53-23=30] ----- 10 dmg
b-throw (∂W): initial hitstun = 57 ----- lag = [53-20=33] ---- 10 dmg
u-throw (∂W): initial hitstun = 47 ----- lag = [55-25=30] ---- 10 dmg
d-throw (∂W): initial hitstun = 42 ----- lag = [50-41=9] ------ 7dmg
Hitstun values are for Brawl+ 5.0, which probably is useless to most of you. "doesn't care"

Release frames are important because that reflects the amount of time the opponent has to DI. Choice reaction time is ~15 frames; keep that in mind.

Veril

Frame Savant
Don't be dense. Only the hitstun values are for B+. The lag formula should be accurate for normal brawl.

I wouldn't have posted it here if it was only applicable to B+. It would have stayed in the wbr with most of my other research... Actually I was compelled to post it after seeing the awesomeness that is this thread. Kudos on the hitbox data. I will probably nab the pictures for moves that went unaltered.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Oh, I really didn't understand the formula at all so I just assumed it was Brawl+ stuff. Sorry it it came across as 'dense'. Anyway, if you could PM about how to work with the formula more in depth, it would really help this guide even more.

Veril

Frame Savant
The anatomy of a throw is pretty much the same as it was in melee.

Hopefully this will help:

choice reaction time (frames) = the number of frames an alert and attentive player will able to react and respond to... whatever, in this case its recognizing the throw used and choosing how to DI vs. reading DI and following up. The typical choice reaction time is 15 frames. The upper limit is ~12 (pro-level reflexes).

ROF = release on frame. This value is important because it is the window in which the player being thrown can recognize the throw and choose to DI.

FAF = first actionable frame. Uh, fairly self-explanatory. The first iasa frame after a throw.

lag = frames between ROF and FAF. This is a double edged sword. It lowers the advantage and reduces the combo window, BUT it also represents the time in which the thrower can read DI and choose their response to combo.

advantage at 0 = Hitstun - lag when throwing a character at 0% damage. This is the combo window, probably the most important value. Its important to note that growth rates vary across the cast (highest for Jiggs, lower for FastFallers)

∂W = weight dependent throw. This means that the FAF and ROF are both modified by the character weight value. Many thanks to Magus for providing me with those. <3

lag = [FAF - ROF = base lag]. Lag is variable on ∂W throws. All Lucas's throws are weight dependent. If you want I can post charts.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hey guys, after Dekar's post about the frame data stuff, I think I might update this to look nicer and to include more info...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Dang, spending break time on Lucas?
Someone get this guy a medal.

<3 RocketPSIence
He DOES deserve a medal. We were talking on AIM last night and even when doing that he was working.

I've never seen someone so determined to keep working on it. You Lucas mains should be so proud to have him <3

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So Lucas mains, rPSI is kind of forcing me to make graphics for you guys, it's kind of cruel and unusual. :(

No I'm just kidding, but he asked me to make a banner for this thread. keke

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Does someone think that they could make some .gifs for the hitboxes? I'll also ask in the Workshop or Ike boards (b/c they already have .gifs :grumpyface: )

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
Does someone think that they could make some .gifs for the hitboxes? I'll also ask in the Workshop or Ike boards (b/c they already have .gifs :grumpyface: )
The Ike board's animated gifs take a hell long time to load, and besides no one wants to do the dastardly 120 frames for usmash :x

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
T.T

I guess so, but I also need to make a new .pac that has all the moves.

I guess I'll just try to get someone to make a video for Lucas.

Anyway, I'm updating it as of now. Tell me what you think about the colors.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright guys I have almost all of the frame data done. It's almost time for the video: HYPE IT UP!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'm going to hurt those people that are making my Dazzle take forever to get here :mad:

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i still don't see the pictures T_T where are they?

can you give me the frame data for jumps? FH and SH? Please *_*

and, according to the data, if i'm frame perfect, which combinations of double aerials/specials can i use with a single full jump?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Dazzle still on back-order, sorry, I asked someone to help me make a vid.

SH is 33 IIRC, FH is way too variable with FF and fall direction to be able to use the frame data reliably. And you should be able to know what Lucas can do in a full hop.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Assuming you can dair and still have time to DJ, then you could find a rough estimate of FH frames.

Uhh

Why isn't this stickied?

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
is the latest .pac up on your mediafire? i can record a pretty low-quality video for it, but it can only be up by next weekend (assuming i'm not swamped with stuff on a weekend olololololol)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Nah, Id rather have a higher quality vid. I'll probably ask more people.

Top Bottom