• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confess your Smash Ultimate sins!!

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Sometimes if I just feel like trolling other players, I create a 1v1 arena with items but only a single item turned on. Seeing items on sets a certain expectation. People who normally play w/ items expect a match exactly like they're used to only to be disappointed by the lack of variety. People who don't play w/ items (and didn't check the arena rules!) expect an annoying match against a garbage player and are caught by surprise when I don't suck and there's only 1 item.

My favorite is playing K. Rool or Simon/Richter on omega stages with back shields as the one item. Oh boy do ppl get frustrated real quick when they can't just drop in behind me to land attacks.

Sorry I'm not sorry, but I don't do this often and never when playing my mains.

Last edited:

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
I turn items and smash balls on in quickplay. I also have crappy internet that adds about ~100ms to the already syrupy online controls, slowing the game down to a frame-stuttering mess. I do all this so I can get every one of my characters to Elite Smash by forcing opponents to SD, or otherwise slow down their reaction time so much that the aerial combos I've rehearsed hit every time.

Oh wait, that's not me, that's 1/4 of my quickplay opponents...

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I will repeatedly rejoin public arenas I'm kicked out of with a new name.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Tried to de-rank my Sonic to a GSP of 1 or as low as I can. Stop for a little while but should get easier with time.

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
I beat players who try to act like smart asses while never taunting or doing stupid stuff during the match, so that they know that no matter how hard they try to win with all their trolling or items, they know they lost because they suck at video games.

IronAidan07

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5749-4640-8009
Once I went trigger happy in the shop and I accidentally bought a Spirit worth 15,000, which depleted all of my funds.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I contemplated leaving Sonic permanently locked on my game so I would not have to see him on the character select screen. I eventually unlocked him because I have a need to get to 100% World of Light.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
...players who try to act like smart ***** ...
I hate the ones who teabag after I lose a stock when they did nothing to earn it. C'mon people. Go ahead and teabag after you get a good kill, not when your opponent is wrecking your **** and just happens to screw up their recovery on an edge guard attempt.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I teabag after every kill in quickplay, only to get my ass handed to me right after lol. I taunt in battle arenas because I can't do it in quickplay. I usually just do it for fun while actually trying to have a good fight.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I 100% know I would do the “OK” Ness taunt after every kill in quick play if taunts were allowed, I do it with my friends. Teabagging us alright but you can’t beat something like the “OK” taunt. People hate it so much

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I 100% know I would do the “OK” Ness taunt after every kill in quick play if taunts were allowed, I do it with my friends. Teabagging us alright but you can’t beat something like the “OK” taunt. People hate it so much
I prefer the bat taunt. It's like Ness pointing at the opponent and telling them "You are already dead".

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I prefer the bat taunt. It's like Ness pointing at the opponent and telling them "You are already dead".
The “OK” taunt is just so iconic and my friends hate it a lot so I use it all the time. Like just a quick “OK” after landing a PKT2 or a spike. I wish I could use it online

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I hate the ones who teabag after I lose a stock when they did nothing to earn it. C'mon people. Go ahead and teabag after you get a good kill, not when your opponent is wrecking your **** and just happens to screw up their recovery on an edge guard attempt.
I hate people who tea bag. I report them and put them on block. I had to make room for those I blocked, since you can only block up to 100 people.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
I hate people who tea bag. I report them and put them on block. I had to make room for those I blocked, since you can only block up to 100 people.
You actually report and block people just for teabagging? No offense, but that's really sad. I get that it's annoying, but come on! Would you do the same for taunts?

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
You actually report and block people just for teabagging? No offense, but that's really sad. I get that it's annoying, but come on! Would you do the same for taunts?
Not to mention, you can only report like once a day. Can get why they did it, but it's bad for when you played multiple people who legitimately need reporting.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yes. Don't be a ******bag and you won't get reported. I play to have fun, not to deal with assholes.

Last edited:

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
Yes. Don't be a ******bag and you won't get reported. I play to have fun, not to deal with ********.
The reaction you're having is the one they're hoping to get - don't give them the satisfaction!

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
The reaction you're having is the one they're hoping to get - don't give them the satisfaction!
I simply don't see how video game characters making some silly movement qualifies as actual disrespect. No point getting upset over it even slightly.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I live near an airport. That means that when airplanes fly by, lag occurs (note: they fly by often). Sometimes, nearby planes disconnect me from matches. I think there's a term for this phenomena (multipath interference, IIRC), and I assume being a "Wi-Fi Warrior" contributes to the problem, too. Needless to say, I've been banned at least twice because of airplanes causing my matches to drop. From my opponents' perspective, it might seem like I'm doing it on purpose: I'm not. I'm probably better off avoiding online, TBH. Every time it happens I wish I could apologize or something. So, stranger, if you ever run into an Anna and the match drops or suddenly gets laggy, it was probably me and I'm so sorry. There's nothing I can do about it. And if it's any consolation, it messes up my record and eventually leads to a ban.

Last edited:

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
I have intentionally spammed PK Fire on people who I know don't understand how to escape. At least I didn't teabag them...

Gryphon827

Smash Apprentice
I'm a very spammy plant main. 95% of my attacks will be a down B. I don't do it because I enjoy it (in fact, I don't really enjoy Ultimate in general), I'm only really doing it to get wins and salvage my GSP. If you come across a low-GSP grey plant named "g", I apologize in advance.

Last edited:

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
Not necessarily a sin committed in-game insomuch as a sin committed around it, but I enjoyed a very liquored New Years this year. We'll just say that the switch got to enjoy a nice swig of Rumple Minze with me when I stupidly tripped over the coffee table it was sitting on and spilled all over it in the middle of a friend's match. :skull:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
The only sin i can possibly commit is using projectiles extensively if a opponent keeps distance. Some will say that’s how you play but i keep seeing people who complain about projectiles so I guess it’s a sin.

:ultlink:

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
The only sin i can possibly commit is using projectiles extensively if a opponent keeps distance. Some will say that’s how you play but i keep seeing people who complain about projectiles so I guess it’s a sin.

:ultlink:
I don't really mind projectiles if they're being used as a combo starter or as a tool to approach, but when your opponent uses it as a tool to camp you because they know they can't beat you head on, that's what really frustrates me and is one of the few situations in which I'll teabag someone. I mean, I get it, sometimes you have to camp, especially if you're at a high percentage, going balls deep against someone face to face just isn't smart. The thing is, though, online it seems that's all people do. Samus, Richter, link, young link, palutena, etc. Run to the side of the stage and spam projectiles. I main jigglypuff, so it's especially frustrating because I have no projectiles of my own or something like a ridiculously long sword to get you with, I have to masterfully bob and weave through the BS, predict where you may flee to, and get the punish.

I know complaining about it can be seen as kind of a scrubby thing to do, it just seems unfair that stopping/punishing projectile camping for a lot of characters involves a degree of skill, patience, timing, etc. and a lot of risk if you screw up (Whoops, miss timed the air dodge, guess I'll take this massive energy ball to the face) whereas projectile camping doesn't involve a whole lot of thought and is a relatively safe option against quite a few characters.

As for my own "sin" I played a team battle against a Samus and Mewtwo today, and its rare that I get teammates that know how to properly synergize with puff. I was paired with Chrom, and inevitably, guess what both of them wanted to do? Play keep away and spam projectiles! This is at around 3.5 million GSP I think? So, right around "elite" skill levels. Lol. Anyways, my slow fall speed and well, slowness in general makes it difficult for me to get back down and support my teammate when I get knocked back. Smart teammates realize that and try and get back to me instead, but this Chrom decided to try and rambo both of them by himself and ended up leaving me by myself, at 80 something percent to kill a two stock Samus at mid percent and a single stock mewtwo at midpercent.

So, Samus decides to teabag me, which triggers me juuuuuuust a little bit. I killed mewtwo by gimping his recovery, and put the beatdown on Samus. It was Luigi's mansion, all I really had to do was alternate between pound and short shop neutral air on the bottom floor and he got smacked around for days until he lost his stock. But I was at 123% when I took it. So I waited out the m'fing timer for three whole minutes for the sudden death match. He couldn't catch me, it went to sudden death, and I killed him with rollout, lmao. Normally, I consider this a mortal sin and I'd throw something, but if you play like a coward and teabag, nothing is better than a taste of your medicine.

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
I don't really mind projectiles if they're being used as a combo starter or as a tool to approach, but when your opponent uses it as a tool to camp you because they know they can't beat you head on, that's what really frustrates me and is one of the few situations in which I'll teabag someone. I mean, I get it, sometimes you have to camp, especially if you're at a high percentage, going balls deep against someone face to face just isn't smart. The thing is, though, online it seems that's all people do. Samus, Richter, link, young link, palutena, etc. Run to the side of the stage and spam projectiles. I main jigglypuff, so it's especially frustrating because I have no projectiles of my own or something like a ridiculously long sword to get you with, I have to masterfully bob and weave through the BS, predict where you may flee to, and get the punish.

I know complaining about it can be seen as kind of a scrubby thing to do, it just seems unfair that stopping/punishing projectile camping for a lot of characters involves a degree of skill, patience, timing, etc. and a lot of risk if you screw up (Whoops, miss timed the air dodge, guess I'll take this massive energy ball to the face) whereas projectile camping doesn't involve a whole lot of thought and is a relatively safe option against quite a few characters.
That’s what i use them for. My bomb is always always out. My Boomerang is thrown whenever i have the time to and my arrows are used for distraction, stoping charging moves or to push the bomb.
The problem with projectile chars is that you don’t have the tools to fight close range only so you are basically forced to use them. But i do get your point. But Puff players are usually pretty good against me because they train the most because puff is not really good in comparison.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Who cares? Suck it up and deal with it rather than being a crybaby and getting someone banned over something so minuscule.
Unless you can tell me what the unsportsmanlike reason for reporting someone is there, no thanks. I'll stop "being a crybaby" once people stop being ******bags.

D

Deleted member

Unless you can tell me what the unsportsmanlike reason for reporting someone is there, no thanks. I'll stop "being a crybaby" once people stop being ******bags.
I thought the unsportsmanlike behavior was for intentionally running away the whole match, inactivity, etc. If you get DC'd for it it tells you to refrain from unsportsmanlike behavior like that.

Anyways I always found Smash teabags funny but that's just me

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Teabagging itself is funny.

When its with friends its lolworthy, but without a face to put it to, it can be pretty darn obnoxious online.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Everytime I go to Palutena’s Temple as Pit, a vast majority of opponents wait for the guidance to commence...and if it’s a person whom doesn’t want to witness greatness...I run until they stop chasing me or until others stop the rare heartless ****er(s)

Top Bottom