• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coney's Columbus Carpool! [NOW WITH THOUGHT-PROVOKING MUSIC]

Coney

Smash Master
hi guys! i think it's safe to say that after witnessing MLG's massive hype firsthand, a ton of people from our region wanna make it to MLG's columbus shindig. let's do the preparations in here!

as i see it, these are our expenses:

HOTEL - $150 a room [$30 per person]
GAS - ~$150 round-trip [$30 per person]
ENTRY - ~$50 [everyone pays this]
TOTAL - $350

considering i can take five people in my car...and if we can squeeze five people into my room [two on bed, two on couch, one on floor]...

$110 A PERSON ROUND-TRIP

i say everyone bring probably $200, at least $150 for food, merch, unforeseen expenses

willing to take anyone, we'll probably have a meetup destination somewhere in MD/VA on the morning of the 3rd. if you're not MD/VA that's fine, just find a way here!

i'll definitely be driving a car, anyone that was in the Indy carpool knows i'm good for it (drove back ~10 hours in a single sitting yeahyuhz), anyone else that wants to drive let me know!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'll try to save up enough for it, but put me down as going...and even helping to drive there since I'm good w/ navigation lol

Also, on request:

<object width="300" height="25"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCD0a3qU1Is&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCD0a3qU1Is&hl=en_US&autoplay=1&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="300" height="25"></embed></object>

Coney

Smash Master
also, unless something drastic changes

BMX and i will be teaming to take another shot at that MW scum

this time, higher than 3rd

yiss

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
oh...you need to update that post...and put the drivers btw...

I'm pretty sure its me, you (just like last night (xathello)) and Yo

I only have 3 extra seats though because L_cancel will be riding with me most of the tourney

and Malcolm is in my car to apparently sooooo thats 2 seats left...and if i dont get my accord by june (which i should have by this weekend, hopefully) I really only have 1 seat left but I think Snack might have claimed it...but umm i get the final say so in ****.

and FNB>any other request but malcolms so if i get some FNB members in my car non-FNBers will get kicked...sorry but crew first dawg

yes, that includes you getting kicked L. we still get to room though =]...no homo, but all bromance

a couple of rules of the car

if it's the accord
1. if spill or drop any form of food in my car I'm dropping you at the side of the road
2. I listen to rock (pop-punkish stuff ex. fall out boy, all time low, paramore) R&B and Reggaeton so if you dont like the music either suck it up or find another ride...I do not like complaining
3. gas money in advance...tired of people being like "oh, i got you tomorrow"
4. I speed, don't get scared...i get you where you need to go 30 mins faster then everyone else but still safely
5. no backseat driving

if its the Focus rule 1 does not apply

people guaranteed for a ride:
1.Malcolm
2. Sassy if hes not driving
3. Kenny if he wants to ride with me (prolly not though because he scared (xatsmirk))

People needing a ride:
Snack
L_Cancel (only in Ohio)

Oh, and If I don't like you/barely talk to you/you dont like me, don't ask for a ride...you are clearly not getting one.

Edit: I NEED A TEAMMATE!!!!
Im Really good in doubles guys I just always have a garbz partner and it makes me look bad (except L_Cancel..I just did bad with him because of who we had to play)

Dubz chars:
Kirby
PT (stock tank squirtle)
Falco (aye it works sometimes)

Aposl

Smash Ace
me and bro should be attending this, dont know yet if we are driving yet. But i guess people can call the hypothetical spots...

Either way, I know its a lil off topic, but I was wondering if me and calvin got some sd cards, cameras, and vid cams, would anyone be interested in vcovering as much of the event as possible, to put up on our channel. I think it would be nice since FL has like no vids XP just wanted your thoughts.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I was planning on twittering all of the updates (on both the G1 + having spare battery in case that dies) since there was only one person...out of five giving us updates before the live blog did :p

clowsui

Smash Legend
just so you know coney

i checked hyatt regency rates for mlg since i was planning for ohio ppl too (hyatt regency = hotel right on top of convention center)

it costs 270.30 for AAA members w/ breakfast for 3 days 2 nights (ouch)

so you might wanna find housing or just go to a diff hotel

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll be driving with my bro (fizzeler) in his car. Can fit three more people. Pm me if interested.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
New Idea:

Change this title to "MD/VA Carpool Thread *now with thought provoking music from a very coney like game*"

Then we can get all of our drivers together. I'll be driving, I'm only going to take 3 others though- we need some level of comfort and space for the drive as my car is not spacious. We'll be staying in a hotel as well (same one as everyone else i suppose)

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Debatable. Need to see if funds are available to me when the time comes. If so, I'd drive my own car.

Also, I'd be careful with changing the carpool thread to saying MD/VA. Reason being your prices won't match every other driver's (different gas mileage, different amount of people per car, different amount of people per room, and anything else I'm missing.)

I know for a fact that some of y'all have ****ty cars that need more gas money than the average. It wouldn't be fair to hold everyone to one standard.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If we all carpool we should all do the same price- no reason coney shouldn't be able to drive. We're not competing with each other here. However, my car came in MUCH cheaper than Coneys in terms of gas.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Oh yeah singles are first, yeah nvm I don't give two ****s about seeing teams, That's fine, I'll edit my last post.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
THIS POST WILL BE EDITED FOR CORRECTNESS

I think we have more drivers then actual then we actually need but here is the list based off what everyone has said in here and open spots or taken spots

1.Coney
a. BMX
b.
c.
d.
e.

2.TKO
a.
b.Sassy
c.
d. (really dont want a D but is in option)

3.Yo (supposedly)
a.
b.
c.
d.

Tant
a.
b.
c.

Seagull is leaving on sunday though unless he has a teammate
a. his brother
b.
c.

Possible drivers
Noid
Cook

I think thats the list as of right now

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
My car is gonna only fit two more people. Not three. I'm bringing a bunch of crap in the car with me. My own wii+tv for recording matches since Mlg won't be recording anything. Gonna leave Sunday afternoon, since that's teams day unless someone good teams with me.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Candy and other people requesting certain cars...I will add you to the list when the driver confirms it

Lobos

Smash Master
seagull you cant take your own wii+tv to the venue.....unless you meant at the hotel or wherever you are staying at

Aposl

Smash Ace
i wanna be with coney and ben DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHH
everyone funny must be in that car at once!
Soo you want me there too?

Also very un - epic when I change pages in this thread and then music is gone, my thoughts were just starting to get provoked!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
So leave it to Tant to bail out of mlg after he makes all these plans to go

so seagull or coney let me roll with you, plz

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
If we all carpool we should all do the same price- no reason coney shouldn't be able to drive. We're not competing with each other here. However, my car came in MUCH cheaper than Coneys in terms of gas.
I mean, that's the point I'm trying to make. Unless you're trying to make a profit, in which case cool, since it is a long drive.

But you shouldn't let the following happen: everyone adheres the price in this thread that was set by Coney's estimation, then the day comes and another driver (Seagull for example) realizes his expenses are more than Coney's. It could be because he has less passengers in his car. It could be his car is worse than Coney's. It could be because he has less people in his hotel room. The point is, Seagull gets ****ed over and has to go through the hassle of asking for more money.

In short: people are going to have different expenses because they're not all traveling the same way/staying in the same room with the same amount of people.

Let there at least be a price floor (a bare minimum.) Have the drivers discuss what they think their expenses are going to be. Then make sure that everyone at least breaks even. Some drivers will make more than others, but it's driving to Columbus. That can't be helped, it in fact they deserve it. Overall though, it's not about competition. It's about being well-prepared/informed. Do you want to be that driver that has to ask for more? Or the passenger that feels uncomfortable because the driver is asking? No.

Until you do that, don't change the thread to MD/VA and deceive people. The OP only considers Coney's costs, which doesn't apply to Seagull or other folks. It'd be the same as changing a venue fee of a tourney a week before the date. That's gay.

Just looking out for everyone.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Gonna have to bail on MLG Columbus myself. x_x

Sorry guys :/

Top Bottom