• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Concerning the Back Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Getting debate status is easy. Keeping it is not. (by the way, the debate forum banned its first person last week and it's been around in various forms for years...testament to the civility/intelligence of its posters)

i'm pretty sure that if you don't post at all, you will keep it

and isn't that what the people were asking about? funny-colored names?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i really wanted to post in a specific topic in the debate hall so i applied, but it didn't go through til a week later and by then I had forgotten what I wanted to say :(

wow this thread has gotten really off track

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Yeah, the most anoying thing about the Smash debaters is that people apply really just to get a special-colored name. But people tend to lose their status fast this way.

In reality, come on man, it's pink. I'm a smash debater because I actually just like to debate.

Grandeza

Smash Master
You're exactly the kind of person I was talking about. SMH at you for abusing the leinient requirements to get in.
Don't get me wrong I like debating, but I'm just not very intelligent and usually dont post just cause I don't want to sound ignorant. I post if I find a topic I think I could post decently in. I did not apply just for a pink name.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This makes me want to apply for a pink name now. That seems so much more intimidating than having a red name. Can you imagine getting a thread locked by a person with a pink name? How awesome.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Do threads ever get locked in the BR/SBR?

Or having a thread locked by a random old guy would be pretty intimidating, especially if he had a pink name.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The BRoomers just talk about BRoomer things...
Things the rest of us aren't worthy enough of discussing.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Our threads back there never get locked, mostly because they're all made of win. But the few that do often get re-opened since the rooms are chock full of mods and admin's.

D13

Smash Ace
Random question (this is a pretty random thread anyway lol):

If you're in more than one special group, do you get to pick which color your name is? Can you mix colors? :0

D13

Smash Ace
Good to know, I guess. But I'm no debator, and there's no way I'll be hosting tourneys anytime soon.

Maybe I could give writing a shot.

Leonsilver

Smash Cadet
Im guessing and apology is not understanding enough for you?

*hates*
Oh, you appologized? Or someone else did? I honestly didn't see it, so now let me be the one to appologize. I'm sorry for my blindness. O.o

Leonsilver, something tells me you have only recently discovered internet if you can't take the very little heat this board is giving you. If anything, considering some of your remarks (that every reply but a couple of them have not been intelligent), they're being way too easy on you. For the love of god, man, toughen up. You're making emos look like spartans.
Uhhh, actually, to be quite frank, all of the parts of posts that portrayed me being "sad" or "hurt" were a form of, in my own little way, sarcasm. I know myself well enough to know that if I felt threatened or upset by all of this, I would have left without saying anything at all, just leaving in a pathetic whiff of n00bish smoke. Sounds like a think a little whelp like me would do, huh? But seriously, no, I'm not hurt. And lmao at the person who took 17 years (I wonder how old everyone thought I, being a naieve, snobbish, and, if I do say so myself, intelligent-sounding Smash n00b was? Be interesting to know if I supprised anyone, hah hah hah.) of their life to discover the internet. (Well, granting that this imaginary 17-year-old lives in such a place that will provide an environment where the internet is abundant, and ever-flowing...)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It's funny how totally not off-topic this thread is.

Edit: OMG MY POST totally didn't CHANGE

Edit2: Guys I think my computer is under demonic influences, it makes my posts change

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
As for tourneys and helping.... First off, the last tourney that was held ANYWHERE around where I live was about... I'm pretty sure it was about 4 years ago..
I hosted a tournament less than an hour from you in May.

I have another one coming up on June 7th.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168191

Come on out and show your stuff. The more the merrier! Bring your friends too.

Leonsilver

Smash Cadet
Do a barrel roll!
First non-serious thing I've "heard you say". (Can't really hear these things on the internet... Well, I mean, I PERSONALLY can, but I don't think everyone else that gifted.)

I hosted a tournament less than an hour from you in May.

I have another one coming up on June 7th.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168191

Come on out and show your stuff. The more the merrier! Bring your friends too.

Lol, as a quick recap, I would love to go to a tourney, and eventually do something idiotic. If I'm pretty sure I don't have anything going on then, so if I'm able to go, I'll be there!

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Don't be so naive as to think your the first person to come along and challenge the established players. Many before you have come and fallen. MANY. I'm talking like, A LOT of people.

It has been historically proven that new people are inferior to veterans. Many, many times.

Also, if someone gets me in the SBR I'll give them a handjob.
...pics plz?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Seriously dude, quit it. And I have over 900 PMs, despite me actively deleting them. Do you know how hard it is to answer all everything I get?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
alright. its just getting kinda messy in there. dont think im asking either, theres just no order and its annoying

Achtung, Baby!

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
How does one enter these tounaments and do u have to travel to enter them??
Depends. In perso usually requires some travel, if you go to the tournement discussion section or your regional area people post tournements are they are holding. Ive traveled several hous to go to a tournement. Its typically 10 bucks to enter.

Online requires you to go to the online tournement discussion and look for the when rather than where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom