• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Mario needs a new sweetheart because Peach is obviously taken by Link, but Marth is giving him a run for his money.

Rosalina is too obvious. I need a suggestion for someone better. Maybe Palutena so that he could fix her leaks?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura I'm okay with Palutena x Zamus too.

Mario needs a new sweetheart because Peach is obviously taken by Link, but Marth is giving him a run for his money.

Rosalina is too obvious. I need a suggestion for someone better. Maybe Palutena so that he could fix her leaks?
It cant be Palutena because you know Pit has the secret crush on her, not to mention the 25+ years he's been serving her (a little KI:U reference btw). Personally I don't know. Then again, there's my and my shippings. D:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
One more for the :4shulk: x :4robinf: ship. Easily my favorite non-canonical ship in all of Smash Bros.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Shipping is fun, let's see here:

:4pit: X :4palutena:
:4robinm: X :4lucina:
:4lucina: X :4link:
:4zss: X :4littlemac:
:4link: X :4zelda:
:4zelda: X :4myfriends:
:4myfriends: X :4robinf:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician
*high fives* For fellow :4pit: x :4palutena: support! <3 :4zss: also works for Pit, too... mostly as a big sister or close friends (Pit's Metroid references in Uprising makes me think Pit secretly knows Samus).

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
:4robinf: dumped Chrom and got with :4falcon:.
Morgan now has the Falcon Punch. And his "hair" is actually :4falcon:'s helmet.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:4robinf: dumped Chrom and got with :4falcon:.
Morgan now has the Falcon Punch. And his "hair" is actually :4falcon:'s helmet.
Who can blame her though? The Cap is literally sexiness incarnate, he gets all the ladies (that are of age of course).
Especially Lucina, who has one-sided hate sex with him almost every night and sometimes tops him.
...oh man I feel another headcanon coming on

And I'm a huge fan of WFT x Little Mac too c:

Shulk x Hades. It's...kind of an inside joke ship that probably only people who have been in the Shulk thread around the week of July 14 will get :troll: psst that includees you @KingofZeroX

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Who can blame her though? The Cap is literally sexiness incarnate, he gets all the ladies (that are of age of course).
Especially Lucina, who has one-sided hate sex with him almost every night and sometimes tops him.
...oh man I feel another headcanon coming on

And I'm a huge fan of WFT x Little Mac too c:

Shulk x Hades. It's...kind of an inside joke ship that probably only people who have been in the Shulk thread around the week of July 14 will get :troll: psst that includees you @KingofZeroX
Now it's part of my headcanon that sometimes :4falcon: joins :4robinm: and :4lucina: when :4palutena: isn't around.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Now are these ideas or people you ship at the same time? If the latter, then Lucons, Link, and Zelda really know how to play the field.
Haha, nah. I just like these pairings a lot, though some I like more.

I really can't get over :4robinm: and :4lucina: after Awakening, but I've read a couple of fanfics with Lucy and :4link:that are just too cute lol.

I mostly ship :4myfriends: and :4zelda: in the Smash world because they look adorable, and who wouldn't want to see a princess and mercenary together? Still bummed that he didn't get together with Elincia or anyone in his games. :ohwell:

As for Ike and :4robinf:, I have this head-canon where things didn't quite work out for them and their respective lords romantically, and so they found comfort with each other. :)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Haha, nah. I just like these pairings a lot, though some I like more.

I really can't get over :4robinm: and :4lucina: after Awakening, but I've read a couple of fanfics with Lucy and :4link:that are just too cute lol.

I mostly ship :4myfriends: and :4zelda: in the Smash world because they look adorable, and who wouldn't want to see a princess and mercenary together? Still bummed that he didn't get together with Elincia or anyone in his games. :ohwell:

As for Ike and :4robinf:, I have this head-canon where things didn't quite work out for them and their respective lords romantically, and so they found comfort with each other. :)
Some of the :4lucina:x:4link: are cute. I wish there were more :4robinm:x:4lucina: Smash related fics.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wholeheartedly genuine, yet clearly already stated somewhere in this thread, but I have a soft spot for Palutena x Lucina. It was little more than a vague fancy until that infamous picture appeared on Lucina's official character profile...

Even the shipping fandoms are fair game for Sakurai. Truly the man tugs at our heartstrings just as he tugs at our very spirits.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
Ever Emy otp will be,LucinaxPalutena.

As bro shippings go, Marth and Captain Falcon. It's always been my little head canon that the two of them are pretty close friends during melee and even Brawl. The two of them would participate on doubles all the time.

i can even see Falcon breaking the rule of other characters going to a series not their own because he wanted to help Marth. Ever since then, Smashers can visit other worlds

Another shipping i guess i am interested would be Snake x Peach only because i can see Peach accepting Snake for who he is and isn't concerned what

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I have little to add.
I just wanted to say that this thread has always been a handful.
Oh, and, :4zelda: x :4marth: is still the best pairing, except now with Smash 4 icons!

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
@ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura I'm okay with Palutena x Zamus too.

It cant be Palutena because you know Pit has the secret crush on her, not to mention the 25+ years he's been serving her (a little KI:U reference btw). Personally I don't know. Then again, there's my and my shippings. D:
Except Pit and Viridi might or might not have a thing between them, which might potentially make Palutena free. You know, considering that Palutena seems to be shipping ViridixPit at least one-sided, and Pit and Viridi have many different conversations about weapon types that end up turning into a slew of innuendos and double-meanings, while Pit's conversations with Palutena about weapons most often just end with her insulting him and/or comparing him to a penguin and/or goldfish and/or chicken. Besides, Mario gets all the girls anyway (probably including all the ones in Smash). If Peach decides to be with Marth or Link, there's always Toadette, Goombella, Vivian, Ms. Mowz (even though that's just weird) and probably a whole slew of others that I missed.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Except Pit and Viridi might or might not have a thing between them, which might potentially make Palutena free. You know, considering that Palutena seems to be shipping ViridixPit at least one-sided, and Pit and Viridi have many different conversations about weapon types that end up turning into a slew of innuendos and double-meanings, while Pit's conversations with Palutena about weapons most often just end with her insulting him and/or comparing him to a penguin and/or goldfish and/or chicken. Besides, Mario gets all the girls anyway (probably including all the ones in Smash). If Peach decides to be with Marth or Link, there's always Toadette, Goombella, Vivian, Ms. Mowz (even though that's just weird) and probably a whole slew of others that I missed.
Despite the silly banters Pit and Viridi have, Pit and Palutena are inevitable to me, and my mind cannot be changed in that regard, though I admit she can be mean at times. Then again, what KI female (let alone character) hasn't teased Pit at least once?

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Despite the silly banters Pit and Viridi have, Pit and Palutena are inevitable to me, and my mind cannot be changed in that regard, though I admit she can be mean at times. Then again, what KI female (let alone character) hasn't teased Pit at least once?
Eh, in my opinion Pit and Viridi work better partly because their teasing goes both ways, whereas with Pit and Palutena it's basically just Palutena taking endless potshots at Pit (some of them don't even hit, while for Pit and Viridi they both seem to have higher accuracy rates when it comes to teasing, which suggests to me that the two of them are more on the same wavelength). And of course there's the issue of...

Palutena: "Looks like Little Miss Cactus has a soft spot for Pit!"

...along with all of that innuendo between Pit and Viridi. Remember the conversation about clubs?

Of course, the game made good and sure to hint both of them, so it's all a matter of personal preference really. I do get that there's definitely some serious hero worship going on from Pit to Palutena, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pit is rather smitten with her, but I feel like Pit and Viridi would eventually happen and that when it did, they would just mesh better.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4pit: x :4palutena: ?

Don't be silly. Office romances never work out.

Eh, in my opinion Pit and Viridi work better partly because their teasing goes both ways, whereas with Pit and Palutena it's basically just Palutena taking endless potshots at Pit (some of them don't even hit, while for Pit and Viridi they both seem to have higher accuracy rates when it comes to teasing, which suggests to me that the two of them are more on the same wavelength). And of course there's the issue of...

...along with all of that innuendo between Pit and Viridi. Remember the conversation about clubs?

Of course, the game made good and sure to hint both of them, so it's all a matter of personal preference really. I do get that there's definitely some serious hero worship going on from Pit to Palutena, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Pit is rather smitten with her, but I feel like Pit and Viridi would eventually happen and that when it did, they would just mesh better.
It's definitely there and has some basis in canon. I do like when writers actually tease this sort of a thing and give the characters' relationships some more development.

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace

For the record, that line was added in the localization, I do believe.

Besides, I don't see why a romance involving a back and forth tease fest is inherently better than a one sided one. It really has to do with what the individual prefers in a relationship, and pit very well may prefer what he has with P-money. In all honesty, the games make it look like he does.

And, while this is pretty subjective, I don't really see how Pit and Viridi mesh better. They argue a lot. He always seemed to get along so well with Palutena, it was always pretty remarkable how much they respected each other and enjoyed each other's company. I guess that's what I always liked about the ship, among other things.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why, but i can see Samus developing a crush on Dunban (the older guy in Shulk's final smash). I mean he's a really strong swordsman who only has one good arm, is suave and gentlemanly, and can have a good sense of humor.
Dunban will be impressed at how strong Samus is, and how caring she is when she adopted Lucas as her brother.

Speaking of, I am partial to Lucas and F! Morgan. i can see her trying to cheer Lucas up. hell i can see her begging her parents if Lucas can come over, which they always said yes.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
For the record, that line was added in the localization, I do believe.

Besides, I don't see why a romance involving a back and forth tease fest is inherently better than a one sided one. It really has to do with what the individual prefers in a relationship, and pit very well may prefer what he has with P-money. In all honesty, the games make it look like he does.

And, while this is pretty subjective, I don't really see how Pit and Viridi mesh better. They argue a lot. He always seemed to get along so well with Palutena, it was always pretty remarkable how much they respected each other and enjoyed each other's company. I guess that's what I always liked about the ship, among other things.
Actually, in the Japanese version Palutena just straight-up calls Viridi a tsundere, to which Viridi replies with even more generically tsundere lines. That's hardly an improvement. The part that was added in the localization was the PalutenaxPit shipping scene in the ending of the original Kid Icarus.

I think, personally, Palutena has a much more one-track personality than either Pit or Viridi do. Palutena is all "everything for the humans!" and Pit's like "actually, Viridi has a point, but I think she's being too extreme about it" and Palutena just goes all yes-man mode. Viridi starts out with "humans are terrible and I hate them" and eventually is implied to change to "UGH! I want to hate humans but they've proven to be all right on occasion. I hate you for making me not hate them, but I like you!"

Pit gets along well with Palutena primarily due to hero worship from what I can see, and she gladly takes advantage of that. Pit occasionally says a few things that indicate that he's skeptical of Palutena's perspective on occasion, but then goes right back to yes-man mode. A lot of their relationship seems to be based on them agreeing with each other on principle, and I'm not always convinced that they actually think along the same lines.

Also, the conversation about clubs between Pit and Viridi. And the one about blades.

And as a matter of subjective opinion, just like Pit's yes-man relationship with Palutena causes her to behave in a similar manner in return, I feel like Viridi's tsundere attitude towards Pit results in him almost instinctively behaving slightly tsundere in return. Example:

Pit: "Really? 'Cause, uh, I don't think you're all that bad either." (Normal Pit.)

Viridi: "Shh! Quiet! I AM DEFINITELY NOT DOING THIS TO HELP YOU, PIT!"

Pit: "Fine! Then I'm not doing this to help you either!" ("Just going along with it" tsundere Pit.)

VIridi: "Ugh! This is why I keep trying to kill you!"

Then again, I have a personal alternative character interpretation that Pit is actually, in some ways, a lot smarter than he frequently comes across as and occasionally likes being comic relief, and is actually pretty laissez-faire about some things and enjoys just going with the flow. The reason for this is that sometimes he actually says things that are pretty intelligent, but then there's the "So you know how a chicken takes three steps and then forgets?" joke.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I like to think, upon further deliberation, :4falcon: x :4marth: would be a viable thing. Gay relationships are seldom seriously dwelt upon in popular media, and I'd like to think they'd respect each-other as fellow warriors and share a bond only two hardened soldiers of fortune can ever know.

My OTP is still Fire Emblem's Frederick x Animal Crossing's Isabelle, mind you. Started out as a joke before I realised how potentially adorable it is. They will serve each-other ceaselessly until death do they part.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Robin's wall of shippping pairings!
:4robinm:-:4lucina:
:4myfriends:-:4palutena:
:4littlemac:-:4sheik:
:4bowser:-:4wiifit:
:4pacman:-:4peach:
:4megaman:-:4zelda:
:4fox:-:rosalina:
:4sonic:-:4zss:
The only pairing I support here is :4lucina:and:4robinm:. Everything else is just :4robinm: trying to recreate the success of Morgan with different pairings. :4lucina: has given up on trying to stop it. She's used to it .

Last edited:

BlitzBlazer

Smash Rookie
I've gotta ship
:4lucina:x:4robinm:
and
:4samus:x:4littlemac:

I always pair up Robin and Lucina in Awakening, so when I saw that they would both be in Smash, I flipped out.
And for some reason I think Samus and Little Mac is cute.

Almost forgot
:4kirby:x:jigglypuff:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shulk x Zamus. Because they both show skin in one of their alts. :troll:
...Fiora is gonna be pissed. :troll:

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Here are my ships:
:4mario:x:4peach:
:4luigi:x:rosalina:
:4link:x:4zelda:
:4pit:x:4palutena:
:4littlemac:x:4zss:
:4robinm:x:4lucina:
And, very important, this ship has a lewd amazing history full of bad fanfic:
:4shulk:x:4robinf:

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Here are my ships:
:4mario:x:4peach:
:4luigi:x:rosalina:
:4link:x:4zelda:
:4pit:x:4palutena:
:4littlemac:x:4zss:
:4robinm:x:4lucina:
And, very important, this ship has a lewd amazing history full of bad fanfic:
"Bad" fanfiction? I don't know what you're talking about.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

It must be done.

If I ever make a Smash series, Shulk x Robin will be in it fo' sho'

Top Bottom