• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Silliness: Smash Shipping

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Or she's got mental problems.

Remember, Luigi hasn't said a thing about having a thing for Daisy. He has for Rosalina though. :V

Also, Mario Kart is non-canon anyway.
Yeah i heard that was in Mario Galaxy. Does anyone know where exactly this happens or where I could watch this or something? I do like me some Weegee ships

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
:4samus:x:4zss:

(Darkfur's signature, what is wrong with you O.o )

I keep it cause I wrote it when I was a kid. Super into the Redwall series of books. Based my fursona off of the Marlfox tribe from the book of the same name by Brian Jacques. So, back when I was a kid and writing fan fiction, that was my character's little intro. Used to be longer, but it got truncated when Smashboards implemented a lower character limit in sigs back in the early 2000's. =p

Any questions feel free to message me. =p

On topic, That Samus pairing totally reminds me of that time Tony Stark had a homoerotic, emotionally abusive relationship with the Iron Man suit.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah i heard that was in Mario Galaxy. Does anyone know where exactly this happens or where I could watch this or something? I do like me some Weegee ships
There are three cases of LuigixRosalina ship teasing in Galaxy:

-I believe it's in Battlerock Galaxy (might not be that specific level but I think it is), in the "Find Luigi" mission of that level, where when you find him and get the Power Star from him, he says "Bwah! I thought I'd go crazy in there! Try to save me sooner next time, Bro! Yeah, yeah, you want this Power Star, right? Only if you tell Rosalina I found this one!"

-When you first rescue Luigi, he will become one of the residents of the Observatory. Like other characters, he has many different dialogues depending on what part of the game you're at. I can't remember when exactly, but there is a point where, when you talk to him, he will say that Rosalina "is kinda cute".

-When you 100% the game as Luigi and talk to the Mail Toad on the Observatory, you get this picture sent to your Wii Message Board:

Mario also gets something similar:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
In Super Mario Land on the Gameboy Mario is actually trying to save DAISY not peach. Mario x Daisy confirmed.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
I ship :4bowser:x:4peach:, with the assumption that Bowser Jr. is Peach's kid, but Peach doesn't want that to become "public". For some reason Peach just strikes me as kindof a bad girl who plays innocent. She friendzones Mario hard, which is probably why Mario gives up starts looking to other sources for love, such as :4mario:x:rosalina:. Because headcanon.

:4palutena:is cute but I have a hard time seeing her in a ship for some reason.

As for canon pairings, :4zelda:x:4link: has my support.

I guess that's it off the top of my head.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
There are three cases of LuigixRosalina ship teasing in Galaxy:

-I believe it's in Battlerock Galaxy (might not be that specific level but I think it is), in the "Find Luigi" mission of that level, where when you find him and get the Power Star from him, he says "Bwah! I thought I'd go crazy in there! Try to save me sooner next time, Bro! Yeah, yeah, you want this Power Star, right? Only if you tell Rosalina I found this one!"

-When you first rescue Luigi, he will become one of the residents of the Observatory. Like other characters, he has many different dialogues depending on what part of the game you're at. I can't remember when exactly, but there is a point where, when you talk to him, he will say that Rosalina "is kinda cute".

-When you 100% the game as Luigi and talk to the Mail Toad on the Observatory, you get this picture sent to your Wii Message Board:

Mario also gets something similar:

GOSH THEY SHOWED UP IN A PICTURE TOGETHER SHIPSHIPSHIP IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S JUST A ****ING PICTURE!
Luigi needed someone to pose with in that picture.
Seriously, I'm not even fond of Luigi and Daisy. But it's pretty much the cannon ship at this point so I accepted it.
The closest thing he really shows as a hint to having a crush is "just make sure you tell rosalina that I got that one" [which is slightly less sounding like a crush then you make it sound] after giving Mario the Battlerock Galaxy green star. And that could be taken as Luigi just wanting credit on something which if you think about it is pretty true to his character.

Mean while, Luigi and Daisy have: [From Mario Wiki]
"It has been stated that Luigi has a crush on Daisy, and the attraction appears to be mutual. In Daisy's second appearance in the Mario series, NES Open Tournament Golf, she served as Luigi's caddy, just as Peach was caddying for Mario, and as her trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee points out, since that point "some gossips started portraying her as Luigi's answer to Mario's Peach". They are often paired up in spin-off games: they are seen golfing together in Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, are "buddy players" with good chemistry in the Mario Baseball series, they appear together in the Miracle Book pages from Mario Party 6, and in Mario Kart Wii, there is a giant, golden statue on the Daisy Circuit that shows the two holding hands and dancing together, along with another of Baby Luigi and Baby Daisy. Their team names from the Mario Party series include, "Steady Sweeties" and "Tango Tanglers", and when Daisy received her trophy from Luigi in Mario Power Tennis, she says, "Hey, sweetie! I'll take that"."

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GOSH THEY SHOWED UP IN A PICTURE TOGETHER SHIPSHIPSHIP IT'S NOT LIKE IT'S JUST A ****ING PICTURE!
Luigi needed someone to pose with in that picture.
Seriously, I'm not even fond of Luigi and Daisy. But it's pretty much the cannon ship at this point so I accepted it.
The closest thing he really shows as a hint to having a crush is "just make sure you tell rosalina that I got that one" after giving Mario the Battlerock Galaxy green star. And that could be taken as Luigi just wanting credit on something which if you think about it is pretty true to his character.

Mean while, Luigi and Daisy have: [From Mario Wiki]
"It has been stated that Luigi has a crush on Daisy, and the attraction appears to be mutual. In Daisy's second appearance in the Mario series, NES Open Tournament Golf, she served as Luigi's caddy, just as Peach was caddying for Mario, and as her trophy in Super Smash Bros. Melee points out, since that point "some gossips started portraying her as Luigi's answer to Mario's Peach". They are often paired up in spin-off games: they are seen golfing together in Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, are "buddy players" with good chemistry in the Mario Baseball series, they appear together in the Miracle Book pages from Mario Party 6, and in Mario Kart Wii, there is a giant, golden statue on the Daisy Circuit that shows the two holding hands and dancing together, along with another of Baby Luigi and Baby Daisy. Their team names from the Mario Party series include, "Steady Sweeties" and "Tango Tanglers", and when Daisy received her trophy from Luigi in Mario Power Tennis, she says, "Hey, sweetie! I'll take that"."
I'm sorry but I will always take a main series installment's portrayal of a character over the non-important and non-canon spin-off game's portrayal of the character.

Plus, things get retconned. It's a thing that happens.

If Nintendo really wanted me to accept Luigi x Daisy as the end-all, be-all, they would portray it in a main series game, or at least in a RPG, or Luigi's Mansion. Not in the spin-offs that hardly anyone cares about and often have wildly different portrayals of certain characters to begin with. But they have not, while they have ship teased Luigi x Rosalina in a main series game. Seeing as the option is there to not accept Luigi x Daisy as canon, I will take it, because I don't like the idea of Luigi having to be with a hand-me-down from Mario.

Also, for the umpteenth time, people need to stop quoting Mario Wiki for anything regarding story/plot/character interpretation, unless said quote is an actual quote from a game, or unless it is simply a reference to something concrete. They shoe horn headcanons and speculation of these characters all of the time, and due to their Wiki status, people often quote these headcanons as fact, when they are not.

And that could be taken as Luigi just wanting credit on something which if you think about it is pretty true to his character.

If all he wanted was credit, he would say "tell everybody I got this one!". He specifically wanted Rosalina's attention.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but I will always take a main series installment's portrayal of a character over the non-important and non-canon spin-off game's portrayal of the character.

If Nintendo really wanted me to accept Luigi x Daisy as the end-all, be-all, they would portray it in a main series game, or at least in a RPG, or Luigi's Mansion. Not in the spin-offs that hardly anyone cares about and often have wildly different portrayals of certain characters to begin with. But they have not, while they have ship teased Luigi x Rosalina in a main series game. Seeing as the option is there to not accept Luigi x Daisy as canon, I will take it, because I don't like the idea of Luigi having to be with a hand-me-down from Mario.

Also, for the umpteenth time, people need to stop quoting Mario Wiki for anything regarding story/plot/character interpretation, unless said quote is an actual quote from a game, or unless it is simply a reference to something concrete. They shoe horn headcanons and speculation of these characters all of the time, and due to their Wiki status, people often quote these headcanons as fact, when they are not.
I think Luigi's great for Rosalina. I really do. I'd like that better.
But there is waaaay too much evidence pointing toward Luigi x Daisy compared to Luigi x Rosalina.
Daisy has not shown up in a mainstream Mario game for years, so she doesn't even get a chance in mainstream games.
That Wiki quote had info. Take out anything saying "At this point it is confirmed they are a couple" or anything. Just leave the facts there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Luigi's great for Rosalina. I really do. I'd like that better.
But there is waaaay too much evidence pointing toward Luigi x Daisy compared to Luigi x Rosalina.
Daisy has not shown up in a mainstream Mario game for years, so she doesn't even get a chance in mainstream games.
That Wiki quote had info. Take out anything saying "At this point it is confirmed they are a couple" or anything. Just leave the facts there.
But they also neglect to mention that the sports games and what not are not canon.

Heck, DAISY isn't even canon, when you think about it (especially since it's the only way to justify her being with Mario at some point without it being out of place in a kids game).

And I'm not saying this because Luigi x Rosalina is my OTP for either character (I don't strongly ship Luigi with anyone, I like him as a lone wolf kinda guy, though Rosie would be good for him and vice versa. But I prefer :4sonic:x:rosalina:).

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord

If all he wanted was credit, he would say "tell everybody I got this one!". He specifically wanted Rosalina's attention.
The wiki specifically mentioned several instances which reference actual quotes and "something concrete". So writing it off because they included their opinions seems perhaps a little ignorant.

Besides, Mario doesn't have enough of a single timeline for spin-offs to even be "non-canon". Especially considering so many of the spin-offs contain evidence pointing to the exact same conclusion. And I'd say that the massive statue on Daisy Circuit is pretty conclusive evidence by itself.

Daisy's existence is in fact canon, as well. She was in Super Mario Land as that game's damsel-in-distress, and has consistently shown up in spin-offs since.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The wiki specifically mentioned several instances which reference actual quotes and "something concrete". So writing it off because they included their opinions seems perhaps a little ignorant.

Besides, Mario doesn't have enough of a single timeline for spin-offs to even be "non-canon". Especially considering so many of the spin-offs contain evidence pointing to the exact same conclusion. And I'd say that the massive statue on Daisy Circuit is pretty conclusive evidence by itself.

Daisy's existence is in fact canon, as well. She was in Super Mario Land as that game's damsel-in-distress, and has consistently shown up in spin-offs since.
Super Mario Land isn't canon. It features completely different aesthetics and enemies and everything. Nothing from that came, sans Daisy, has showed up ever again. It has no relation to anything else, and therefore, can be viewed as a standalone game. Same as the party games.

I'm not saying Daisy x Luigi is completely absurd and has no basis. I am saying it isn't canon. And claiming it is would be being ignorant of the status of the games it is hinted at in, as well as the existence of the Luigi x Rosalina ship teasing in a MAIN SERIES game.

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Super Mario Land isn't canon. It features completely different aesthetics and enemies and everything. Nothing from that came, sans Daisy, has showed up ever again. It has no relation to anything else, and therefore, can be viewed as a standalone game. Same as the party games.

I'm not saying Daisy x Luigi is completely absurd and has no basis. I am saying it isn't canon. And claiming it is would be being ignorant of the status of the games it is hinted at in, as well as the existence of the Luigi x Rosalina ship teasing in a MAIN SERIES game.
7 spin off games > 1 main series game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
7 spin off games > 1 main series game.
Not really, since spin-off games (that are not even very story driven to begin with), are not significant. They are discardable in the long run in terms of canon. Main series always takes precedence over them.

Super Mario Galaxy was a very story driven game in the main series, so any ship teasing that happens there is perfectly legit.

It's fine if you want to accept Luigi x Daisy, but there is no reason for anyone to accept it as the end all be all, especially when an alternative was deliberately proposed by the creators of Galaxy. Don't try to force Luigi x Daisy down my throat just because you yourself cannot fathom the notion of the spin-offs not being canon, or not being the end-all, be-all.

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Just felt like this pic was appropriate. Carry on.

J1NG

Smash Journeyman
^ They could charge $25 a piece and break even immediately with this one guy. ^
One would have to wonder if the collector's value of the item would increase due to such a limited manufacturing run.
But I digress.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10578858/2/Super-Smash-Brothers-Support-Conversations

Second Chapter I decided to go for Link x Lucina. It was the first one I had a decent idea for, but I gotta admit, trying to keep Link 'in character' as a silent protagonist actually made it pretty hard to try and make the support seem convincing. Hopefully it worked out well.

I think for the third chapter I'll do a support that only goes to A, but I'm not sure which one to go with yet. Mostly because an idea hasn't hit me.

lightdasher

Smash Lord
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10578858/2/Super-Smash-Brothers-Support-Conversations

Second Chapter I decided to go for Link x Lucina. It was the first one I had a decent idea for, but I gotta admit, trying to keep Link 'in character' as a silent protagonist actually made it pretty hard to try and make the support seem convincing. Hopefully it worked out well.

I think for the third chapter I'll do a support that only goes to A, but I'm not sure which one to go with yet. Mostly because an idea hasn't hit me.
I'd like to see Sonic and Rosalina.

I'd write some of these up myself if it didn't feel like I was treading on your feet.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'd like to see Sonic and Rosalina.

I'd write some of these up myself if it didn't feel like I was treading on your feet.
Go for it if you want to. I'm writing them because I want to, not to stake a claim as 'the only smash support conversation writer' Besides the more people do this, the more fun and creative ideas we get.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I would love to see a Smash themed Robin X Lucina one in which they are already married.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Not really, since spin-off games (that are not even very story driven to begin with), are not significant. They are discardable in the long run in terms of canon. Main series always takes precedence over them.
When were the spinoffs confirmed to be non canon? Those are pretty much the only games that show off any kind of character personality in the Mario series discounting the RPGs and Luigi's games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When were the spinoffs confirmed to be non canon? Those are pretty much the only games that show off any kind of character personality in the Mario series discounting the RPGs and Luigi's games.
Th Kart, Sports, and Party games definitely aren't canon.

They don't fit at all.

I'm pretty sure Mario wouldn't just invite Bowser to Peach's Castle in the real series.

Doesn't mean the characterisation is irrelevant, but in regards to the Luigi x Daisy stuff, those are non-canon, since Daisy has never showed up in a canon Mario game (Super Mario Land is not one, it is a completely different setting with completely different enemies and everything).

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Th Kart, Sports, and Party games definitely aren't canon.

They don't fit at all.

I'm pretty sure Mario wouldn't just invite Bowser to Peach's Castle in the real series.

Doesn't mean the characterisation is irrelevant, but in regards to the Luigi x Daisy stuff, those are non-canon, since Daisy has never showed up in a canon Mario game (Super Mario Land is not one, it is a completely different setting with completely different enemies and everything).
To counter the SML canon argument, Sonic Adventure is in a completely different setting with completely different enemies. It plays very differently from the classic games, has a bigger story than the classic games, and has completely different character design from the the classic games.

Does that make it non-canon?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To counter the SML canon argument, Sonic Adventure is in a completely different setting with completely different enemies. It plays very differently from the classic games, has a bigger story than the classic games, and has completely different character design from the the classic games.

Does that make it non-canon?
No, because Sonic Adventure has definite links to the Classic games. For one, the enemies in the original Sonic Adventure actually include many Classic Badniks (just some of them have redesigns), and of course, you still save animals They even appear in SA2 (just much less frequently). Another thing, Angel Island exists in both the Classic and Adventure games. The character designs are not COMPLETELY different (sans Amy), Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic still look similar, just one looks older. The Classic trilogy do have a big epic story actually, especially S3&K, it's just often overlooked. Story has always been a part of Sonic. Heck, the echidna tribe in SA1 were alluded to in S3&K. There is also a flashback Amy has that depicts Sonic and her fleeing from Metal Sonic, which is a clear link to Sonic CD. Also, Silver Sonic (from Sonic 2) and Metal Sonic can be found in one of Eggman's bases, and Metal Sonic can be unlocked as a playable character.

And even the Classic Sonic games had separate settings (Sonic 1 was on South Island, Sonic CD was on Little Planet, Sonic 2 was on West Side Island, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles was set on Angel Island). It's not the mere difference in setting that labels SML as non-canon, it's that Nintendo have never clearly linked it up with the rest of the Mario world. And even without that, the clearly affectionate feelings Mario and Daisy have in SML in it's ending would basically mean Mario cheated on Peach at some point, if you take it to be canon, as Mario and Peach have never had a break-up in canon. The only way to keep SML's ending family friendly is to assume it's non-canon. Daisy was really only created because Gunpei Yokoi could not legally use Peach. That's also why everything besides Mario is completely different in that game.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649

Sorry, but I specifically remember you quoting Mario Wiki when they said that the Koopaling's personalities weren't fleshed out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sorry, but I specifically remember you quoting Mario Wiki when they said that the Koopaling's personalities weren't fleshed out.
Because said quotes were referring to official sources. That wasn't interpretation on their part, that was referring to official sources. I just use Wikis to quote things that are official to begin with, I ignore their interpretations of things as they are often biased or feel forced.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Because said quotes were referring to official sources. That wasn't interpretation on their part, that was referring to official sources. I just use Wikis to quote things that are official to begin with, I ignore their interpretations of things as they are often biased or feel forced.
That was an official quote from Nintendo?
Edit: Just found it, it's not an official quote.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That was an official quote from Nintendo?
Edit: Just found it, it's not an official quote.
But the "not fleshed out" point is less an interpretation and more a summary of what's described in the official character profiles of the Koopalings. They are all one dimensional stereotypes, that's their point, since they are meant to be taken as a collective group. There is a reason why everyone immediately compared the Deadly Six from Sonic Lost World, to the Koopalings.

The Mario Wiki saying Luigi x Daisy is canon, however, is them forcing their interpretation of facts that are open to interpretation, on top of unsuspecting readers.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
But the "not fleshed out" point is less an interpretation and more a summary of what's described in the official character profiles of the Koopalings. They are all one dimensional stereotypes, that's their point, since they are meant to be taken as a collective group. There is a reason why everyone immediately compared the Deadly Six from Sonic Lost World, to the Koopalings.

The Mario Wiki saying Luigi x Daisy is canon, however, is them forcing their interpretation of facts that are open to interpretation, on top of unsuspecting readers.
Well, let's not derail this thread and keep it as an opinion: you think the Koopalings don't have much personality (though, I do see your point), and I do.

Also, I didn't see anyone compare the Deadly Six to the Koopalings.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, let's not derail this thread and keep it as an opinion: you think the Koopalings don't have much personality (though, I do see your point), and I do.

Also, I didn't see anyone compare the Deadly Six to the Koopalings.
There isn't any debating whether or not the Koopalings have "much" personality because they simply don't have much of it , and they are not even designed with the intention of having a lot of it. That is why they always show up in games altogether, rather than appear on their own, because they are completely underwhelming on their own.

And believe me, plenty of people compare the Deadly Six to the Koopalings. Kinda hard not to when the Deadly Six are designed as parodies of characters like the Koopalings.

Top Bottom