• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
This from a guy named "Flaming Dragon Wang". Sure foxes aren't supposed to have breasts, or be blue. Neither are they supposed to pilot ships and shoot laser guns. Despite your hatred for furries, Krystal would have had a more disctint moveset than Fox from Wolf or even Falco. That is her value over Wolf or Falco. A unique weapon and thus moveset.

You'd prefer three martial arts weapon-using space animals (which there's plenty of erotic fanworks about those three too, so why don't you complain about that?) two two martial arts space animals and one staff/magic user? That just screams prejudice.
While I dont care for Krystal. I agree with your point. Id rather have her than Falco or Wolf. Because quite frankly all of them are kinda similar.

So far there are hardly any female reps for this game and krystal would be welcomed.

Eaode

Smash Champion
I really STILL don't understand this entire thing AT ALL

Okay, so we have a pic frm 2Chan of the Starting Roster. Lt's assume this is 100% legit. Okay, so we have a picture of the Starting Roster.

And in this starting roster the characters are completely just tossed willy nilly around the whole thing....

So, someone comes up with a RUMOR, about the full "35 character" Roster, and because the characters are in a logical order, it's automatically confirmed?!? How the **** does that work?

If Markman and Remo or whoever truly DO know the whole roster, why are there no picures? The only pictures/video we have of any sort of leak is of the Starting Roster. And that person obviously can't have the entire roster now because they haven't unlocked it all yet.

That combined with the stupid character choices made by whoever came up with this roster, keeps it levelsed at a state of Rumorism for me. I don't know about you people, but no mater what, this isn't confirmed yet. When real evidence is posted, come talk to me. I'm not saying this isn't the real roster, I'm just wondering why the hell people are spouting it of as confirmed when it's not.

And "OH BUT THE ICONS, THEY SLIDE PEFECTLY INTO PLACE THAT MEANS OBVIOUSLY THIS ROSTER IS TEH REALZ" doesn't cut it.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Second to last one is fake. Marth Picture is from Melee.

The Last one.. They have Zelda/Sheik in the same pic, but for PT theres no pic of any of the pokemon....

Not to mention the lack of order. (Thats not really a problem though.)

The Video dosent mean anything. you cant promise this is 100% Real unless your the person that took the pictures, or the video.

you can edit videos too y'know....

It would have been better if they had selected a character that -wasnt- in the demo.

For the second to last pic, I really doubt that we'd..

A. Have R.O.B. He's already SSE...

B. Have 35 Characters, only 10 more than last time, with 3x The team and Production time

C. Have sooooo many shoe-ins.

D. Dont forget the Marth Melee graphics.

E. Feel free to correct me.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
it'd be nice if a certain someone with a lot of pokemon info could just confirm or deny the 35 man roster. Hell, maybe even this starting roster.

But alas, Mr. Serebii will never give out answers, only create more questions :(

Cranky Kong

Smash Rookie
Melee roster leak on IGN all over again... The list with Bowser Jr., Black Shadow, ect. is FAKE yet people are more willing to believe it merely because their favorite characters are probably on it, yet they doubt the 35-character roster because they wish it to be untrue. Ah, oh well in another week you'll see but I know I'll have a good laugh remembering all of the doubters and lame excuses as to why ROB cannot be a playable character. "I mean, seriously, Game and Watch? What the hell would he do? FAKE."

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
This from a guy named "Flaming Dragon Wang". Sure foxes aren't supposed to have breasts, or be blue. Neither are they supposed to pilot ships and shoot laser guns. Despite your hatred for furries, Krystal would have had a more disctint moveset than Fox from Wolf or even Falco. That is her value over Wolf or Falco. A unique weapon and thus moveset.

You'd prefer three martial arts weapon-using space animals (which there's plenty of erotic fanworks about those three too, so why don't you complain about that?) two two martial arts space animals and one staff/magic user? That just screams prejudice.
While I dont care for Krystal. I agree with your point. Id rather have her than Falco or Wolf. Because quite frankly all of them are kinda similar.

So far there are hardly any female reps for this game and krystal would be welcomed.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
Notice one thing for this pic:

See that it says Captain Olimar, now look at the other pic. in this very thread:

In this pic. it says Pikmin & Olimar if I am correct and there is also a different picture of Olimar with his pikmin

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Falco is just a sarcastic addition to the team. Wolf is just like an evil version of Fox. Come to think of it, what is Fox? Okay, he's the hero. So he's important. But is he a good character?

Krystal is the only one with a real story. She's the only really interesting character in the series.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
This image is likely fake. Check out the Whobby roster, and look at Kirby in the selection part for a sec. It's hard to see because of the cursor marker, unfortunately, but you can still make out the right edge of Kirby's body, as well as a dark part representing his foot. Notice how Kirby in the first pic is clipped by the edges of the box and you can't even see his foot. My point is that the character icon is different, and because of the marker over Kirby's pic in the Whobby photo, the person who faked it simply overlooked this detail. That combined with the fact that he only took two pics and 3 seconds of video makes me think its an elaborate fake.

You could argue "Hey, there's more characters horizontally in the former pic, so maybe they squished the box and not the picture!" But then that would immediately debunk this pic; notice Kirby is shown with his full body and shoes, even though there's ELEVEN characters squished horizontally. Neither pic seems to be from a widescreen display either.

In short, one of these two "leaks" is fake. Mostly likely both of them. End of story. Goodnight.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice

See that it says Captain Olimar, now look at the other pic. in this very thread:

In this pic. it says Pikmin & Olimar if I am correct and there is also a different picture of Olimar with his pikmin

It.

Is.

A.

Mock.

Up.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice

It.

Is.

A.

Mock.

Up.

cunning

Smash Rookie
KameKasu, that screenshot you posted is obviously fake. First, it's 930 by 888 pixels, which is way higher resolution than the Wii can output, and not in a 4:3 or 16:9 ratio either. Second, there are three different Mario icons: one at the top, one on the left, and one really big, super-pixellated one at the right. Do we really need three Marios? Having two in Melee was bad enough! Third, I don't think Sakurai would put all that text on the character selection screen, including his rationale for choosing one character (R.O.B.) over another (R.O.B.). It makes the screen look really cluttered, not to mention you can barely see the Brawl logo and the "2-minute KO fest" behind that other text.

Shame on you, KameKasu, you faker.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice

It.

Is.

A.

Mock.

Up.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Also, to put another nail in the coffin, the names have a black background but in the video they have a transparent off black.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Darkraid said:
http://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-40937185&pid=928518
If Chronobound DID admit to lying...then EVERYONE can shut up about the 35 Character Roster!!! :D

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Sorry, but...did anybody forget about these??:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2433239#post2433239
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872

To sum it up:

the characters who were recommended multiple times are:

King Dedede(5) - CONFIRMED!
Diddy Kong(4) - CONFIRMED!
Geno(4)
Ike(4) - CONFIRMED!
Ridley(4)
Captain Olimar & Pikmin(3) - CONFIRMED!
Krystal(3)
Takamaru(3)
Windwaker Link(3)
Animal Crossing MC(2) - in BG of Smashville stage
Claus(2)
Demiru(2)
Isaac(2)
Jeff(2)
Kawasima(2)
King K.Rool(2)
Lip(2)
Lucas(2) - CONFIRMED!
Mega Man(2)
Oguma(2)
Ouendan(2)
Sukapon(2)
Hmm...interesting that Sakurai would skip all of the other big contenders.

And...

It's been roughly a year since Sakurai closed the polls for Brawl suggestions. And yet, the list of characters suggested and Sakura's comments have never been completely clear to me. When searching the Web for info with Google, I came across an interesting interpretation of Sakurai's comments. Apparently, it was written by our forums' very own FlipTroopa, with notes by Marshigio of Smashbenders. Their comments were as follows...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Fliptroopa (notes by Marshigio, I think):

"King Dedede

He appears the most on the list, with a total of 5 definite nods out of all the entires shared with the public. Sakurai did make a comment when he was asked about Meta Knight that he was afraid he may never see Kirby or his other creations ever again since he left Nintendo, and now that he was back, he was going to relish it. He has always loved Meta Knight, Kirby, and King Dedede as a colorful trio of characters. He's said it many times in the past. He's also said that the reason Kirby games were underrepped in the past two Smashes was because he didn't want to overinclude himself, and screw other guys out of their own characters appearing. But now that this may be his final game, he stopped caring XD And, judging by his eagerness to read King Dedede requests, we can tell that's true!

*NOTE: This just in! http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81891

Go there, and read a bit of history! I completely forgot about this, and eternally thank GenG for posting it again and freshening our minds. Basically, there was a similar poll for Melee in '99 (which I remember taking; they had it on the NOA site as well). If you notice, the number 1 choices pretty much all appeared in Melee in some form or another. Sakurai also separated the suggestions by series, and then commented on a few. What he says about Dedede is pretty profound.

Essentially: He intended for Dedede to appear in the original, but ran out of time and space. He also had the same happen for others like WARIO, PEACH, and BOWSER. And now go back, and look at the poll. And then your copy of Melee. And the Brawl trailer. Get it? Got it? Good. Now who is the ONLY number one character who does NOT appear in Melee/Brawl in any form (other than a trophy)?

I think we have our first confirmed Secret Fighter for Brawl *though I wouldn't jump too soon into any assumptions, just pointing out the very likely conclusion*

Krystal

I read once somewhere before that Sakurai was astounded by the popularity Star Fox had as a series, and that's partially why he decided Fox would get a clone in Falco when he had to go ahead and make clone characters in Melee. This time around he wants to keep the fans of Star Fox happy still, and supposedly was asking questions about Krystal the Fox to eager gamers. I don't know how definite what he said is what I'm saying here, but I heard that he essentially asked who she was, why they liked her, if they would like to see her, and how cool would it be to see her with that staff of hers. He was very intrigued by her after the E3 trailer was first shown, and journalists began throwing him ideas.

Diddy Kong

DKC is underrepped in Smash. We know this for a fact. And I'm sure Sakurai wouldn't mind changing that. Diddy was requested almost as much as Dedede, tying for second with a few other characters for top requested. He was also heavily requested for Melee, but left out for whatever reasons there may be. However, when Sakurai was presented with the idea for a Diddy/Dixie duo on his poll, he went crazy: he really liked it!

Ike

Since SSB64, Sakurai has wanted Sigurd to be a fighter. Of course, that never happened. And when he started work on Sigurd for Melee, he got cut off, and had to instead include Roy (Marth was already going to be included as Sigurd's "partner"). Now that Ike has replaced Sigurd as the top requested, and most popular, FE Lord in Japan, Sakurai has a new decision on his hands. He has expressed interest in the character before, even remarking that he was the first international lord that everybody seemed to like. So his chances are high. Especially with that new FE stage showing up in the trailer...

Ridley

Sakurai openly stated he wanted more Metroid characters. Whether that's legit, or just his polluted idea of "giving Western fans their own share," I'm not sure. But he's already redesigned Samus to match her Prime outfit (as well as her emblem), and is going all out by tossing in Zero Suit Samus. So is Ridley far behind? He has made a comment, not pertaining specifically to Ridley, that Metroid has leapt to a major forerunner franchise for the company again, and he feels that it's his duty to do it justice. Ridley is also tied for second most requested character, even on the Japanese polls.

Geno

Here's an interesting one. A character that actually belongs to Square, but belongs in the Marioverse. What does Sakurai think? Well, actually, he's intrigued. Geno is tied for second as well, and Sakurai has been noted as asking around for what the character is like. When he starts asking, it's a good thing, btw. It means he's bothering to learn who they are But Geno has been mentioned many-a-times, and Sakurai is listening to hard to each suggestion. And he's yet to turn them down. That's something, right?

Takamaru

I had to put him in here. Takamaru is tied for third on the top requested characters in the Japanese poll. But he's also got something else: Sakurai's interest. I've heard through the grapevine that Sakurai wants to see this character make a comeback, and I know for a fact that he's asking Japanese readers of his poll (or, I guess, "asked," since it's closed) to go back and play these retro games, because it will really expand their horizons. He has duly noted that he always knew Kid Icarus was really popular, and was waiting for the right moment. He MUST know that Nazo no Murasame is the same.

*NOTE: As far as Japan-only is concerned, it's not a concern. Sakurai stated he would like to avoid a BUNCH of Japanese only characters, but he's not against a few. Afterall, Marth and Roy did well for themselves, wouldn't you say? Irregardless, if we're talking specifics, a game like Nazo no Murasamejo is easy as hell to translate/slap on the western Virtual Console.

*NOTE 2: I guess I should clarify where I got this bit about Nazo no Murasame. There was a letter thanking Sakurai for inspiring a reader to go back and play Kid Icarus, because when he did he found out he loved it, and wants Pit even more. Sakurai has always said that he's more interested in the unique and the obscure, and Pit fit the bill very nicely. He's also said that he is a big fan of old NES titles, and would appreciate it if people spent time to go back and play them more often. As far as Takamaru is concerned, Sakurai supposedly has been previewing a lot of older NES titles, Nazo being one of them, for Brawl.

And here are a few characters you may NOT have known Sakurai is considering...

Little Mac

Not much here, but he did include a Punch-Out character in his poll, and has commented that he loves the franchise a LOT. He intended for Punch-Out trophies in Melee, including a 3D Mac in all his glory, but ran out of time. He does plan to look into the series further for this Smash Bros., as it is one of those "internationally popular" ones.

Balloon Fighter

He was in the beta for Melee, and is partially to blame for that alternate music in the Icicle Mountain stage. So what's the big deal? Sakurai has commented that he likes Balloon Fight, and that Balloon Fighter offers a lot of fun potential for a Smash Bros. game. He doesn't appear once in the poll, but that really means nothing in the end if you've never appeared--as long as Sakurai likes you. And clearly he likes the game and character. And clearly salvaging what they had from Melee Beta isn't hard.

Lolo

Sakurai has remarked a few times that he loves the character and his games. He copies a lot of stuff for Kirby games from the Eggerland/Lolo titles, and even goes so far as to include Lolo's doppelganger as a boss (Lololo) as well. He's sometimes even gone out of his way to tell people "look, i love this character, and i will bring him back if i have to." Supposedly he's pointed at Smash Bros. as one of the ways.

*NOTE: Early drawings from Kirby Canvas Curse actually show Lolo as a playable character, and this was one of the few games that Sakurai did come back to Nintendo to help develop. And if you want evidence that Sakurai likes Lolo, just play a Kirby game. Lololo and Lalala, Rocky, and Skulls all appear in Kirby games as enemies, and the games supposedly even share sound fx (never checked myself).

Muddy Mole

One of the few letters Sakurai actually responded to concerned none other than this character! Sakurai actually really enjoyed Miyamoto's Mole Mania game, and remarked that he would love to implement Muddy in some shape or form. To add even more rumor milling, he added that "he's so interesting, he might be in the roster already!" ...makes you wonder.

*NOTE: I am still waiting for the source on this, to be honest.

Sukapon

That's right kiddies. He appears twice on the poll, but Sakurai has commented on him nonetheless! Supposedly Sakurai has been looking towards a lot of retro NES titles, and has landed his eye on Joy Mech Fight affectionately. That's really... all there is. But it should be nice to note that Sukapon is remembered in Japan, and that technically Joy Mecha Fight is Smash Bros. NES. Sort of. .....did you know Smash Bros. was planned for SNES? *runs away*

*NOTE: I only added that emote for comedic effect >.>;; But Smash Bros. was actually planned for the SNES. This is fact. It was gonna use the FX Chip, like Star Fox did, to make a really funky fighting game. But it was scratched, and the project began for N64 instead.

Demiru

Appears more than once on the poll, and intrigues the hell out of Sakurai! The star of Tomato Adventure has a lot of potential up his sleeve, and Sakurai notes this repeatedly. Does this mean he has a chance? It depends. But Sakurai certainly read and enjoyed those lengthy requests for this character.

*NOTE: I don't know the exact numbers, but they are veeerrrryyy long requests. So long, they even give Demiru moves and expressions for the game. And Sakurai posted both of 'em.

Mach Rider

While Sakurai himself didn't say much about the character as it pertains to Brawl, rumor persists that MR was slated to appear in Melee in some form or another. Funny, considering his music and trophy are still left behind in the game. Rumors go so far, in some cases, as to suggest MR was playable in the beta alongside Balloon Fighter, and, if such is true, he wouldn't be hard to salvage for Brawl. Not to mention Sakurai did get a letter or two commending him for including such a vintage character in the trophy section of Melee, with music.

Mother Characters

I'm gonna lump this together, because there isn't really one specific character. Essentially, the entire party of Mother 2, Ninten from Mother 1, and Lucas, Claus, and Kumatora from Mother 3 all popped up on Sakurai's poll. Claus got a bigger deal of attention, considering his "LOL SECRET," and Sakurai, who DID WORK ON MOTHER 3 *hint hint*, mentioned amongst the letters that he would be including stuff from the game. Now, firstly, he confirmed in Famitsu that Mother 3 music was appearing in Brawl. Secondly, he confirmed that had EB2/64/M3 been released pre SSB64, Ness would've been replaced by Lucas. He even held out for it to be released prior to Melee, to try and put in Lucas then. So, now that Lucas is out, what happens to Ness....?

Animal Crossing

While the Animal Crossing "human" has appeared twice on the poll, and somebody joked with Sakurai about having Tom Nook fight, he hasn't really said anything. He knows it's a big deal with a lot of fans, though, so maybe that counts for something? Personally, I'd doubt that he'd throw AC FIGHTERS into the mix, but maybe a stage or something. He seems like the guy that would enjoy such a game, but wouldn't like the idea of playing as Tom Nook.

Important Sonic info below!!!

Also, someone from Nintendo recently said that Sega hasn't contacted them about Sonic being in Brawl. The real question though: Did Nintendo actively pursuit to ask Sega if they could include him, or are they just laying back and waiting for companies to come to them?

The latter doesn't seem very smart...at all."

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to me, Neiteio… I have to say, Dedede’s chances of appearing in Brawl are about 100%. The only reason he may NOT appear is Sakurai’s modesty; Sakurai has said before that he doesn’t want to “over-include” himself (Dedede is Sakurai’s creation). But now, with this being the third Smash Bros and possibly Sakurai’s last, the time has never been better to put in this most popular of characters, who topped the polls in Melee and Brawl.

I’m not sure what to make of the Ridley comments. I think he has a good chance. There’s certainly nothing to suggest he doesn’t. I’ve read elsewhere on the Web that Ridley was given a definite mention FOUR times (tied with Geno and a couple others) in Sakurai’s responses to various emails. This, coupled with his textured and resized character model in Melee’s intro and trophy, suggests he’s in the cards. If Sakurai wants to add non-Samus Metroid characters, Ridley’s the way to go.

No mention of Wolf, but Krystal gets a definite nod. I wonder where FlipTroopa heard that Sakurai was asking fans about Krystal?

Sakura’s comment about Muddy Mole being such a great character idea that he “might be in the roster already” is very, VERY interesting.

This talk of Balloon Fighter having been a character in the Melee beta is interesting. Does anybody have proof that Balloon Fighter was in the beta? I would certainly like to see it. I could imagine the possibilities -- indefinite flight until his balloons are popped, anyone?

On Earthbound/Mother: Sakurai confirmed in Famitsu that music from Mother 3 WILL be in Brawl. Sakurai worked on Mother 3. And Sakurai said that had Mother 3 come out sooner, Lucas would’ve replaced Ness in the original Smash Bros. In fact, he said he held out for his appearance in Melee, but it wasn’t to be. Could Brawl see the end of Ness and the start of Lucas? I’m starting to think we’ll see Lucas in some form…

And, and best of all… Sakurai seemed lukewarm to the idea of Diddy’s inclusion, but when Diddy and Dixie were suggested as a team, he got VERY excited. Makes me hopeful we’ll see Diddy & Dixie as an IC-style pair with swappable movesets.
Read through that and see which characters he got excited about. So, if you take Sakurai's choices for their popularity or for his excitement for them...the characters in the 35 char roster makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. It's such a sham. Read this, and I won't believe anything else until I see it on the DOJO or until I have the game on my on TV...

YSM

Smash Apprentice
This image is likely fake. Check out the Whobby roster, and look at Kirby in the selection part for a sec. It's hard to see because of the cursor marker, unfortunately, but you can still make out the right edge of Kirby's body, as well as a dark part representing his foot. Notice how Kirby in the first pic is clipped by the edges of the box and you can't even see his foot. My point is that the character icon is different, and because of the marker over Kirby's pic in the Whobby photo, the person who faked it simply overlooked this detail. That combined with the fact that he only took two pics and 3 seconds of video makes me think its an elaborate fake.

You could argue "Hey, there's more characters horizontally in the former pic, so maybe they squished the box and not the picture!" But then that would immediately debunk this pic; notice Kirby is shown with his full body and shoes, even though there's ELEVEN characters squished horizontally. Neither pic seems to be from a widescreen display either.

In short, one of these two "leaks" is fake. Mostly likely both of them. End of story. Goodnight.
This post=win.

"Confirmation of the Video Being Real?
Shortfuse of SWF just contacted me and pointed out something very interesting. Here's what he had to say:

I started the "Japanese Forums" thread almost 3 weeks ago. It got some attention and was pretty popular. Gimpyfish grew interested in the way the SWF community was involved in this project of checking Japanese sites. He went to talk to a few friends who are major smash players in Japan. What happened later (and he announced on the SMYN podcast) is that he said he obtained some link to some great sites including what he though to be the Japanese Smashboards. It turned out it wasn't and the rest of the sites where just simple tournament sites. I didn't pay much attention to them. Gimpy did say since one of his friends would likely get the game early, since he hosts Melee tournaments. One of the tournament sites is http://ketubato.com . Interesting enough, this video surfaced: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VxrQiCz4_o

What's the correlation? Well, look at the user who uploaded the video. It's queensaki. Who is queensaki? It's none other than the webmaster of ketubato.com. What am I getting at? Yes, Gimpy's friend who he said was going to have Brawl early...who hosts tournaments is the one who uploaded the Brawl video to youtube. Yes guys, it's real.

I agree very much with what he said, and it looks like this video is indeed real, using the logic explained above. I'll let you be your own judge on the matter."

-BrawlCentral

The video is real.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
Heres what I've been wondering, in Melee and 64, when you selected a character the Announcer would say his/her name. Thats it. Pick Mario, you heard "MARIO!" However, when the video shows the player selecting Pit a high pitched voice is heard saying something with an "Ora" sound. This voice is not the announcers, it is not saying "PIT!", it is saying "...ORA!" (or something Ora wounding) Now this could be Pit saying something, but have we ever heard of this before today? Has any of the Demos shown that the selected character will talk? I don't remember so.
What does this mean? I have no idea.

Luigi player

Smash Master
The Kirby foot thing is strange... what does it mean? In the video you don't see Kirbys foot either...
Did they just change Kirbys image? Or... is everything fake?

Why isn't the guy uploading any other video that proves he has the game? Why can't he post a little longer vid where the battle against Link starts?

I'm not sure if I can believe this, but I hope that queensaki will upload some more videos...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
The Kirby foot thing is strange... what does it mean? In the video you don't see Kirbys foot either...

Why isn't the guy uploading any other video that proves he has the game? Why can't he post a little longer vid where the battle against Link starts?

I'm not sure if I can believe this, but I hope that queensaki will upload some more videos...
The "full 35" is fake (i'm not talking about the mock up). It was a joke on 2Chan
As for queensaki, queensaki is Ikki, I believe, and if Nintendo is giving you multiple copies of Brawl EARLY for your tournament hosting company, you don't ruin that trust by leaking the game, a game Nintendo has had on tight lip for a long time. Not even Famitsu leaked anything.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Heres what I've been wondering, in Melee and 64, when you selected a character the Announcer would say his/her name. Thats it. Pick Mario, you heard "MARIO!" However, when the video shows the player selecting Pit a high pitched voice is heard saying something with an "Ora" sound. This voice is not the announcers, it is not saying "PIT!", it is saying "...ORA!" (or something Ora wounding) Now this could be Pit saying something, but have we ever heard of this before today? Has any of the Demos shown that the selected character will talk? I don't remember so.
What does this mean? I have no idea.
It sounds like a kid in the background to me o_O

ShortFuse

Smash Lord

The "full 35" is fake (i'm not talking about the mock up). It was a joke on 2Chan
As for queensaki, queensaki is Ikki, I believe, and if Nintendo is giving you multiple copies of Brawl EARLY for your tournament hosting company, you don't ruin that trust by leaking the game, a game Nintendo has had on tight lip for a long time. Not even Famitsu leaked anything.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Seriously, you know what would prove this is real and that he has the game? PT or someone else we haven't seen in Adventure Mode gameplay or something similar...9 second of that would be enough to disprove to anyone. The selection screen followed by a graphic from the DOJO is not enough to convince anyone with a brain...

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Better yet (since I can't edit)...Show the Iceclimbers against Olimar, since they are both starters and we've yet to see any gameplay footage on them.

Card

Smash Lord
ChronoBound just admitted to creating, and faking the Mock-up Roster which you so strongly believed to be 100% factual. This is the direct answer to our debate last night in the Japanese Everything thread, until you moved all the speculation to this thread.

http://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-40937185&pid=928518

I'm not even going to say anything. I just hope you might have learned to be a bit more cautious before allowing a "rumor" to snowball into becoming "absolute truth" like you did, and how I had tried to warn you..

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Better yet (since I can't edit)...Show the Iceclimbers, Olimar, Sheik, and Lucas since they are both starters and we've yet to see any gameplay footage on them.

And why did he choose to "show" Classic mode? Why not a 4-person ffa? Did this guy really not have 4 GC controllers (or other) lying around? We could have at least seen some of that...

jonkeponke

Smash Cadet
i thought chronobound just took what the Neogaf (reno and Markamn or w/e)members posted and lapped it all together, IE he didn't originate the 35 char. roster, just furthered the speculation of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom