• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossfiyah

Smash Rookie
I'm the guy who MADE that roster mock-up.

I'm not a prophet. It's fake. Let that be a lesson to everyone who believes things with no evidence.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
See? This is what happens when everyone just mindlessly believes everything they see. People get made fools of, and I laugh. Next thing is we'll see that 2ch/4ch actually hacked Nintendo and Lucario/Ness really aren't in the game. :p

OK, now for the love of all things good in this world, CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD...Thank you.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
ChronoBound just admitted to creating, and faking the Mock-up Roster which you so strongly believed to be 100% factual. This is the direct answer to our debate last night in the Japanese Everything thread, until you moved all the speculation to this thread.

http://au.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-40937185&pid=928518

I'm not even going to say anything. I just hope you might have learned to be a bit more cautious before allowing a "rumor" to snowball into becoming "absolute truth" like you did, and how I had tried to warn you..
What's your point Card. Why do you actually click the links you refer to? You're so bent on pushing you own agenda you don't realize what you're writing. He started out with a gigantic list here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124098
After a while it was narrowed down to this: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3721756#post3721756

Sure it's the same characters as the mock up, but Chronobound never claims to do the mockup, he's just saying "I guessed the same character list as the guy who did the mockup"

Thank you for being so blinded by your desire to disagree with me you fail to even read.

The point of this thread is the amazing accuracy of the mock up, not who in the character list, regardless if it other people predicted it before. There was somebody else who figured out the same 35 people other than Chronobound.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
my assumption is that the whole it being the final roster theory is false, but the video proves what the starting roster most likely is, which is everyone we already have confirmed on the dojo minus snake and sonic

a77

Smash Cadet
ChronoBound took the information ChaosZero and NyaseNya gave us and put them together. It doesn't disconfirm anything.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
D***, ShortFuse...

Anyway, please, let's put this behind us. We told you all don't believe it. Now...

How bout that video, huh?! lol.

Just kidding, of course. You can believe it if you want. Silly rumors.

Mike87

Smash Ace
The "full 35" is fake (i'm not talking about the mock up). It was a joke on 2Chan
As for queensaki, queensaki is Ikki, I believe, and if Nintendo is giving you multiple copies of Brawl EARLY for your tournament hosting company, you don't ruin that trust by leaking the game, a game Nintendo has had on tight lip for a long time. Not even Famitsu leaked anything.
It was a well made fake then.

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm going to address 3 different things that have been brought up in the last couple of quotes, but I cannot quote at the moment for some reason:

1. Kirby's foot showing up. This can easily be explained, as the icons from this new screen shot of the supposed starting roster has square boxes, whereas the boxes from Whobby were obviously rectangular. There is no reason the developers couldn't simply change the shape of the boxes.

2. Ikki does not have the game, according to a Japanese speaking person in one of his comments:
vinikun said:
I hope you guys realize he doesn't own SSBX. If you read the title of the video he posted of the character select screen, he took it from some cellphone mobile game site. He just found it.
Though Ikki would be a reliable source, apparently he is NOT the one who made the video.

3. ChronoBound did NOT say that he was responsible for faking this whole leak. ChronoBound simply said that he compiled it based on the various prophets that had confimed info. As it turns out, other leakers said that the list was in fact true, much to ChronoBound's surprise. ChronoBound's list is apparently a spot-on guess.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I don't want hostility. I've never said I WANT the 35 character from the mock up to be true. It's something I found and I realized and decided to share. I've done it before. I found the copyright information that can be perceived as Ness coming back. I don't play Ness and don't care much for Ness. It's something I found.

But people take things personally. They want to denounce the person more than their own theories just because they don't agree with it.

I just care if Marth is back because I've gotten really good with him. Other than, I trust Sakurai to make a very good experience. I find something, share it and people want to shoot the messenger. Not everyone agrees but agrees there are good points.

Disconfirming this theory creates a personal vendetta for some people.

Card

Smash Lord
What's your point Card. Why do you actually click the links you refer to? You're so bent on pushing you own agenda you don't realize what you're writing. He started out with a gigantic list here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124098
After a while it was narrowed down to this: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3721756#post3721756

Sure it's the same characters as the mock up, but Chronobound never claims to do the mockup, he's just saying "I guessed the same character list as the guy who did the mockup"

Thank you for being so blinded by your desire to disagree with me you fail to even read.

The point of this thread is the amazing accuracy of the mock up, not who in the character list, regardless if it other people predicted it before. There was somebody else who figured out the same 35 people other than Chronobound.
Well in that case I stand corrected. I misunderstood and assumed that it was Chronobound who had disguised himself as the original mock-up rumor starter. Was a mistake on my part.

Now I do want to apologize to you and say that I am sorry for causing such a fuss towards you last night. I bear no ill intention towards you, and I don't think any less of you, because after all I still think you have been doing a fantastic service to the community with all of your information.

It is just that last night... you were claiming that the mock-up roster was indisputably true (changing the thread title to reflect that, and really got everyone to believe you), based off of various rumors from "prophets" and the line-up in the mock-up.... and well for whatever reasons, it just got me very agitated. Probably because I despise so many prophets, since there have been so many that have come and gone that we can barely keep count. To me, no matter how accurate or inaccurate a rumor is, it's never 100% true until we have actual credible proof.

Now I am not going to abandon my stance on what I said last night. I still firmly believe that "Yes, this roster is a possibility, but this roster is also like every other prophets roster who has yet to have been proven or debunked." That wasn't apparent last night, and we had people who were dead-set on believing the roster was real, which is what got me so riled up.

So I'll just say it again, but I'm sorry. I hope there aren't any hard feelings, I really don't have a "blind rage to see you fail" or anything like that.

PS: Jeez these boards are slow....

Talendime

Smash Ace
Um, excuse me? Where the **** is Geno? What are you, ********?

hahaha no I'm just kidding no worries. I actually don't think that picture is real and I can tell by the pictures.
As well, whoever took the picture just so happened NOT to pick any of the characters we've yet to see, as if they were totally ignorant to the fact that we'd rather see them full body than old pictures we've seen before. Yeah, sure..

And who the **** is R.O.B?

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
Personally I would have to say that's a fake roster, as most other people seem to be saying as well.

I don't care that it's 35 characters, that's fine. A fairly balanced roster of 35 characters is far better than a roster of 40+ characters where only a handful of them were even worth using.

As for the reasons why I believe this roster is fake:

1. ROB. Seriously, ROB is an uninteresting character with no fanbase or significance. Why would he be in?

2. Wolf. He's a Fox palette swap, why make a who character for him? It just doesn't make sense. Also, wasn't Krystal leaked by a VA? Where's she?

3. 3 reps for Kirby, 4 for SF.......and ONE for Metroid? Metroid is far more popular and significant than either of those 2, and yet it still has only one real rep. Pokemon has technically 6 PLAYABLE reps, plus Pokeball pokemon. I'm just not seeing the logic here.

4. Wasn't there supposed to be (at least) 1 more 3rd party character? I find it hard to imagine that Sakurai would comletely reveal one of the most anticipated aspects of the game.

5. Almost all of the unlockables are returning characters. Not sure about you, but I'm not going to be particularly excited unlock Jiggs and Ness again.

6. Now as I said, I'm fine with the roser of 35, but point 5 leads me to believe there will be more characters. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Doctah's internet is not working so he asked me to post this:

"Guys. Run that video through a google translator. What does it say now? WHATS THAT?! It says that Ikki/QueenSaki FOUND THE VIDEO elsewhere.

Please stop assuming the video is credible based on her reputation, because she was just interested by it, and decided to share it. Honestly, why would she have 200+ crystal clear SSBM vids, and then have a Fail-Quality SSBB vid.

Use common sense here.

-DD"

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
This is what I hate about the release date coming closer.

So many arguments about the roster and leaks start. It won't end until we see the game in motion and the rumors (de)confirmed.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Shortfuse I 100% agree with you. All I've been seeing around here is people trying there hardest to deconfirm everything they see. Why are people working this hard just to do that, then start barking their words at the massager who just wanted to share info on a possible leak. The leak may be true the leak may be false, but fact remain that even if it's false why make a personal issue. You people act like your hooked up on weed or something.

You ever sit down to think why people make these leaks (whether true or false). Probably to build up hype for the game. To just maybe get people hopes up for a possible character they may want. The positive result form that is that people may smile saying "Yes my character made it in brawl!!" Then there are people who like deconfirm everything and take peoples hopes and happiness away, then later on there's a flame war. Congrats what did you accomplish by doing that. Just to cause you and other people to be angry at one another.

Then there the possibility that the leakers info may be correct but the people who always refuse to believe keeps counting it as fake, and want to start trouble with the people who believe. Enough already!! Whether you believe or not, stop trying to force your beliefs on another person whose just getting excited over the possibility of a character or thing they may want to see in Brawl. It's just a FREAKIN Game!! Your life does not depend on whether or not your right about a leak being false. Sometimes it may be best to keep to yourself.

I'm telling you with ll this going on I'm having a very hard time surfing the forums with all the people at each others throats. These forums are flooded and the sever is moving very slowly. I can't get anywhere geez!!.

But back to what I saying. Shortfuse Preach on!!
:mad:

Blindman

Smash Journeyman
The fake OC, because I'm nothing like them.

Besides, who wouldn't lie to say they've faked that? It'd be pretty amazing to fake that. No reason to admit to anything, it'd be dumb to do it.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Doctah's internet is not working so he asked me to post this:

"Guys. Run that video through a google translator. What does it say now? WHATS THAT?! It says that Ikki/QueenSaki FOUND THE VIDEO elsewhere.

Please stop assuming the video is credible based on her reputation, because she was just interested by it, and decided to share it. Honestly, why would she have 200+ crystal clear SSBM vids, and then have a Fail-Quality SSBB vid.

Use common sense here.

-DD"
I ran the text on a couple of translators and I get nothing. Something about printing. Maybe there's a misspelling somewhere. I was going back to my big thread and went to Wii-Ds.com
they say the video is from MOBAGETAUN. I'm tired of this theory.

Talking to .Yoshi, it seems it is sourced from a mobile network.
And Card, don't worry about it, i had a.... short fuse.. too. Slow SWF make ShortFuse Shortly Fused

It's been going on too long and has been taking up too much forum bandwidth. I'm going to find a way to disconfirm my own theory because I want to move onto something new, a new project.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
Even if it is fake, I don't quite understand why someone would spend hours making this thing for no reason at all aside from a few lulz.

Personally, I think it's real.

Smash Ace
There's no random thing on the 35 character BS list. Are they going to remove a feature once you unlock everyone? (yeah, I know it's not official, but still)

I refuse to believe that Wolf and Lucario are the only newcomers we haven't heard of yet.
Oh, and ROB=nono, and Marth returning=suck.
the biggest thing that ruined it was no Doc, no Roy. THEY OFFICIALLY DESTROYED THE TRUE DEFINITION OF SMASH BROS AWESOMENESS!!!

=2007=

Master Peach

Smash Ace
There's no random thing on the 35 character BS list. Are they going to remove a feature once you unlock everyone? (yeah, I know it's not official, but still)

I refuse to believe that Wolf and Lucario are the only newcomers we haven't heard of yet.
the biggest thing that ruined it was no Doc, no Roy. THEY OFFICIALLY DESTROYED THE TRUE DEFINITION OF SMASH BROS AWESOMENESS!!!

=2007=
Is this post suppose to be a joke (please say yes.) Because I think you've been smoking something.

Tanea

Smash Ace
any new video on this topic i understand that they might get caught up but it doesnt hurt to have more evidence :) :)......i can't wait

lethminite

Smash Apprentice

=2007=
lol? we have heard of lucario... and marth > roy in flavor, power and originality.

dr.mario > mario is fail, suck and power.

they in no way ruined SSBB by killing 2 clones.

last, the 35 thing is a mock up, this has been said 100 times... of cause it's not the same as the real thing, it's just ment to let us see what it would look like.

i am still neutral on if the roster is real or not.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I can't believe people still think this 2ch screenshot is the starting roster. Look at the score at the bottom of the screenshot guys. It's the cumulative SSE score earned by all of the characters. That means he's been through SSE at least once and unlocked a bunch of characters while doing so.

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
I don't want hostility. I've never said I WANT the 35 character from the mock up to be true. It's something I found and I realized and decided to share. I've done it before. I found the copyright information that can be perceived as Ness coming back. I don't play Ness and don't care much for Ness. It's something I found.
Maybe your intentions were noble, but you perpetuated this rumour as a theory that is VERY likely to be true because of a huge coincidence. People wouldn't have taken any of this as seriously if you didn't make it a big deal. It's all about how you present the situation.

Even after Card tried to logically show you why it isn't a big coincidence and you need to chill the **** out, you still did insisted that it was real and made that really clear. I really think it was blown out of proportion because the way the information was presented. Fine, maybe you believed it and you were just trying to share a rumour, but what you ended up doing is convincing people to believe a rumour. Nothing is confirmed and yet a huge number of people on the Smash Boards have decided that ROB is in Brawl, Sakurai hates us all and life is no longer worth living.

I'm not putting all the blame on your shoulders, of course. It's really all Reno, MarkMan, and ChronoBound's fault, even more so if it turns out to be nothing but a rumour, but some of the blame is yours. You should have just presented the facts you knew, and told everyone to TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

I don't know about anyone else, but I wanted to debunk it as fast as possible only so that people would STFU. No one should ever get this hyped up about a rumour. If you didn't make it look so credible, I don't think it would have been as big a deal.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
As for the reasons why I believe this roster is fake:

1. ROB. Seriously, ROB is an uninteresting character with no fanbase or significance. Why would he be in?

2. Wolf. He's a Fox palette swap, why make a who character for him? It just doesn't make sense. Also, wasn't Krystal leaked by a VA? Where's she?

3. 3 reps for Kirby, 4 for SF.......and ONE for Metroid? Metroid is far more popular and significant than either of those 2, and yet it still has only one real rep. Pokemon has technically 6 PLAYABLE reps, plus Pokeball pokemon. I'm just not seeing the logic here.

4. Wasn't there supposed to be (at least) 1 more 3rd party character? I find it hard to imagine that Sakurai would comletely reveal one of the most anticipated aspects of the game.

5. Almost all of the unlockables are returning characters. Not sure about you, but I'm not going to be particularly excited unlock Jiggs and Ness again.

6. Now as I said, I'm fine with the roser of 35, but point 5 leads me to believe there will be more characters. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.
I know I haven't posted/been here long (well, I've been on here long, just not joined and all that jazz) but I have something to say.

And not to defend the roster or anything, but:

1. If you're referring to R.O.B. the 'toy', then Mario Kart DS would like to have a word with you. And it predates the NES. It is just as important as Mr. Game & Watch. And as for ROB64... meh. It's not like Ice Climbers had a fan base or significance.

2. There's a lot you could potentially do with Wolf. And he's a hell of a lot more significant than Falco, IMO. And his build is different from Fox. Also, Krystal was not leaked as a character. Krystal was leaked as in the game. The voice actress also does the voice of Knuckle Joe, I think, so Krystal could easily be an Assist. Or just a part of the Subspace Emissary.

3. Metroid doesn't have a lot of reps you could use to begin with. None of the hunters are significant enough, Ridley would just be a faster Charizard, and Dark Samus... is Samus... but dark? That would be just as logical as Wolf, which isn't logical to you. Also, Metroid is not popular in Japan, really. It's moreso popular here. And Pokemon is far more popular than all 3 of those (and is the 2nd most pop. franchise? I forget). Kirby is Sakurai's own series. I have no comment on the SF reps this time.

4. I am willing to bet they never got a third 3rd party. You seem to forget that all Sakurai said was "maybe 1-2 more" after Snake. There could've been 1, 2, more than that or even no others. He didn't know. It depended on negotiations. And if they don't announce another 3rd party before release, I highly doubt there is another 3rd party. There is NO WAY a company would put a character in and not cause some sort of hype for them being in the game. So I don't think there are any more.

5/6. Welcome to video games. This is nothing new. We're still getting more new characters this time around (in total), no?

Part of the reason it is so small is because we have 9 default newcomers. Melee only had 4 newcomers at default.

Dunno. My two cents. I am also tired.

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe people still think this 2ch screenshot is the starting roster. Look at the score at the bottom of the screenshot guys. It's the cumulative SSE score earned by all of the characters. That means he's been through SSE at least once and unlocked a bunch of characters while doing so.
>_<!

IT'S CLASSIC MODE

Besides, 830,000...that's like the amount you'd get for clearing it with 1-2 characters.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
>_<!

IT'S CLASSIC MODE

Besides, 830,000...that's like the amount you'd get for clearing it with 1-2 characters.
SSE or classic, doesn't matter. The point is, you still unlock stuff while doing it. Plus if this is real, and if it is classic, isn't it pretty likely that he did SSE before classic since it is the newer addition?

And as far as you know, the same score formula from Melee isn't even in Brawl, so that score could be from more than just 1 or 2 characters.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
SSE or classic, doesn't matter. The point is, you still unlock stuff while doing it. Plus if this is real, and if it is classic, isn't it pretty likely that he did SSE before classic since it is the newer addition?

And as far as you know, the same score formula from Melee isn't even in Brawl, so that score could be from more than just 1 or 2 characters.
Classic probably takes way less time to complete. So, they might've just wanted to warm up on it or get it out of the way or something.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
one thing that really gets me on this rumored 35 character roster is this:

see the icons? there is clearly a maximum of 5 characters set per franchise. but...the roster in question maxes out at 4 characters for Mario and Pokemon. no franchise gets 5.

so...why leave that extra space?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
thats cuz that roster isnt real, the 35 part might be right but anybody could just guess which 35 theres no real proof, there probly will be 5 characters from either mario(geno,bowser jr),zelda, or pokemon series....

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
one thing that really gets me on this rumored 35 character roster is this:

see the icons? there is clearly a maximum of 5 characters set per franchise. but...the roster in question maxes out at 4 characters for Mario and Pokemon. no franchise gets 5.

so...why leave that extra space?
I agree, and I have the same theory myself, there is clearly room for 5 characters per series, and I'm sure Mario will be one of the ones with 5. It could also mean Mewtwo returns. There is enough room for EXACTLY 5 characters there, and it makes sense.

InvincibleAgent posted a screenshot of a fake roster to show how easy it would be.

Here

Imagine if you had a little more time and effort? You could make say... a video of it. Stopping right before the gameplay would take place of course. ;)

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I'm beginning to think the Neo3 are just toying with the smash community. All they really did was say, "yeah, that's the roster". They never had to predict anything. They may have a rep for knowing things on the inside, but as far as I've read about them....they've never been on the inside with Nintendo.

like I said, they never had to predict anything. The prediction came from an amalgamation of the only "leaks" that could be put together without contradicting each other.

let's look at this comparison...true leaker vs. fake leaker

a fake leaker is merely motivated by the intention to gain attention and cause unrest amongst the fans. If this were someone's intentions, it's very easy to see the kind of enjoyment one would gain by creating such chaos over nothing at all. Kind of reminds me of how my older brother used to pick on me.

a true leaker has the intention of spreading news when information is not (or cannot be) delivered by conventional means. They wish to reveal as much as they know and be the first to do so.

the "leaks" that, combined, make up the 35-roster (Nyase, Serebii, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR) have not collectively come out and confirmed this final roster. If the Neo3 are able to confirm a guess while not violating their sources, why can't anyone else? Counter-point: these "leakers" don't have the final list, but it doesn't mean they weren't given some information. That's true. I read Serebii saying that the 35-roster, "may not be real," and, "should be questioned." I also thought I read someone saying that ChaosZero said it was fake...but that's heresay unless someone else can confirm that.

my point: these "leaks", individually, were placed under immense scrutiny before this roster was put together by ChronoBound. (Granted, that Dragoon prediction was pretty killer...the only hard prediction to make IMO) And is it really that coincidental that these four leakers can be put together without contradicting each other? I don't think so. Most of the "leaks" were saying the same things anyway. (which BTW is an easy way to gain some artificial cred...make your predictions, and be sure to tack on a few of someone else's.) Is it that coinicidental that these are some of the few "leaks" yet to be debunked? I don't think that's true either. From the mindset that these guys are fake, their predictions seem very safe...and smart.

so...just because the Neo3 said, "yeah, that's the roster" doesn't necessarily add up to me. Sure, PoR gave an order that the characters would be placed in (after this roster was already created and circulating), but even that had some discrepancies and her statement was later changed, saying that it was "from memory"...an easy out, if you ask me.

/rant

I am officially calling shenanigans on everything...and I mean everything. This whole board is just a hoax...and you're all in on it. need to sleeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom